TotallyOz

Is Sawatdee Gay Thailand now gone?

It is the first timer I have been able to read it in months and not blocked.  So, that is a good thing. But, I am not in LOS right now and spending time in India for the month.

I am glad they worked out the kinds and moved things around to get off the blocked list.  Are those that were having issues with it in Thailand still having those issues or is that totally resolved.

I was surprised to see that Spike and Jinks are now running it again. Spike and Surf have always seem easy to work with other boards and I hope that all the boards can now work in s spirit of cooperation.

Congrats to them on getting the board back up and running.

Although the topic has been discussed many times on multiple boards, I don't believe the Sawatdee website has ever been blocked in Thailand, Michael (if a site is blocked by the government, you'll get the window that pops up in Thai and contains the message that the particular website is blocked by the ministry of information or whatever it is those "defenders of moral speech" call themselves).

Regardless, some internet providers (such as True that I've used for years here in Chiangmai) have some compatibility issues with that website and one simply can't get directly to the website (a window pops up saying the site can't be located).  I look at that site when I'm back in the states in the summer but, from September through May, I can't get to it other than through use of a proxy (which, when the mood strikes me every 3-5 months, I actually do). 

Although the topic has been discussed many times on multiple boards, I don't believe the Sawatdee website has ever been blocked in Thailand, Michael (if a site is blocked by the government, you'll get the window that pops up in Thai and contains the message that the particular website is blocked by the ministry of information or whatever it is those "defenders of moral speech" call themselves).

Regardless, some internet providers (such as True that I've used for years here in Chiangmai) have some compatibility issues with that website and one simply can't get directly to the website (a window pops up saying the site can't be located).  I look at that site when I'm back in the states in the summer but, from September through May, I can't get to it other than through use of a proxy (which, when the mood strikes me every 3-5 months, I actually do). 

Sorry, but I disagree.  I could not access at all for 4 months in Bangkok.  I asked and was told it was blocked by the provider.  I had the provider in my room and that is what they said.  That does not mean much. A provider would not have issue with the software of their site. It just would not happen. 

I have said all along that the site was blocked at one point from the ministry.  True got that directive. They never were told to put it back on and thus they did not.

IMHO, that is what happened. But, I don't know for sure but IMHO that is the only thing that makes sense.

Doesn't matter but I've never seen the ministry warning come up for all the years (about 12-13?) that I've accessed that board.  And, while you may be right, I've never read before that a provider has intentionally blocked it either.   And, in the end, doesn't matter personally to me as when I catch up to the board every May/June when I get back to the states, it always seems that I didn't miss anything at all! :yahoo:

Guest surfcrest

I would like to share with that I believe you are all correct.

Our site is being blocked in Thailand by some providers and we are currently trying to work around that issue. We have taken the big step of changing to our own server and so we'll continue to make adjustments until we can resolve this once and for all.

Surfcrest

Thanks Surfcrest. I know this was happening and back when it first happened, there was a process to get it removed from those listings.  This site was the same. We went through that process and filled out paperwork ect. and were removed. 

Since then, that list and even their website has disappeared. But, some sites didn't do the paperwork and thus they weren't removed. EVEN though that entire process is now removed.  Yes, TIT.

However, I think you are doing the right thing in moving the server and I do believe that will help in Thailand.  As I said, I am in India and I can see it just find with no problems now. So, that is great.  You are proactive and moving in the right direction. Good luck with your new site and with getting all these blocks removed once and for all.

Guest surfcrest

Sounds like an easy fix, you simply need to clear your cache & cookies.

We recently changed to our own server and so your computer or device probably wants to take you back to where it remembered we last were. I've sent you different instructions on how to do this, depending on the device you are using.

Thanks for spotting the missing contact button!

Surfcrest

Okay....thanks for that, Surf, but:

(1)  I now can get to the main page and I can even log in (just did that).

(2)  However, every forum I try to pull up, I get a page that says "the webpage cannot be found."

Any suggestions?

P.S.  I was able to actually get to the "contact administrator" area but I can't enter a confirmation code as only an "X" in a black box shows up (i.e., I can't contact you that way).

Hate to bug you but twice I did the "flushing" for Windows 8 (and it did say that I "successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache" and, while I can log in, every forum I try to get into results in the "website not located" coming up.  Whatever it is, I've never been able to even get to the site (let alone log in or get into any forum) using this True Internet.  And maybe never will be able to do so.

Guest elephantspike

It's back but I can't log in. Well I can but after the successful login page the refresh comes back to

the login again, and again,and....

no address to email for assistance?, so I pm'd surfie

Wait- how did you send a pm? you have to be logged-in to send a pm.

Try clicking the "delete all board cookies" link down in the page footer and relogging.

Guest elephantspike

BTW- The girl is from GoDaddy-  not my idea, believe me. lol. That's just were GoDaddy stuck the domain while it's nameservers were resolving.

Hi Bob (remember that game?)

OK so your issue isn't cache or cookies but the True ISP block. Have you tried using a proxy?

http://hidemyass.com/

Yep, remember that game; but, only the unfortunate who got tabbed with that dull name would remember it. :vava:

Last year I could get in using a proxy but it was too much of a hassle and way too slow doing it that way....so I gave up.  I guess I wait until Surf can resolve the blocking issue.  It's slow for me as I'm using wifi here at the townhouse (the beloved gets the friggin' cable modem connection and I get the scraps floating in the air....haha).

Guest surfcrest

We've got another solution that we are going to try very soon to resolve the proxy issue.

We know a fast Wi-Fi connection isn't always available, whether we're traveling and connected to a hotel's services, public services, logged in at Starbucks...wherever, so we know we have to keep the routings direct as possible or people will get frustrated dealing with the symptoms of a poor connection and just give up.

Thank you very much for the feedback, some issues came up here we were very much unaware of.

Surfcrest

Wait- how did you send a pm? you have to be logged-in to send a pm.

Try clicking the "delete all board cookies" link down in the page footer and relogging.

Luckily I was a member here to send pm.

Had to reset Safari- and try to remember all my passwords :)

Wish I had seen/tried this before I reset everything though.

Mr Surf sent me a note.