TotallyOz

Thai locals arrested over Rihanna Instagram photo

Two men in Thailand are in trouble with the law thanks to an Instagram photo posted by pop star Rihanna during her recent visit to the holiday island of Phuket.

The singer was visiting Phuket for a few days between stops on her Diamonds World Tour, departing on Sunday for Singapore.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/23/travel/rihanna-loris-instagram-thailand/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Amazing that they found the guys almost instantly and paraded them in front of the public.

Also, Rihanna posted about her X rated experiences and naturally the police found them and fined them as well in order to put a stop to any X rated shows!

Guest Devint6669

I got my photo taken with them, but i did not know there where spice protected by law.

To bad i had a good time with the monkey, but now that i know i would never touch one of them ever again.

So sad for the monkey to have live like that, he will be free??? not to sure about that, i just think the police will sale it back.

Here's another stupid photo of a loris. It looks cute but apparently when it puts its hands up like that it's because it feels threatened.

post-8358-0-47169700-1380011286_thumb.jpg

Leave the poor creaures alone. Mind you so often we hear about animals like this having to contend with threats to their natural habitat. Elephants, tigers, orang-utans come to mind; hundreds of others. Ok to have some in zoos I suppose, maybe that's where they'll all end up.

News headline in 2050. . . "your Tesco Lotus store has been sold as people have stopped going there as they are hoarding stocks of food they buy from poachers. The new site owner just got planning permission to build an enormous zoo"

As far as that pop singer is concerned she sucks.

I got my photo taken with them, but i did not know there where spice (edit: species) protected by law.

To bad i had a good time with the monkey, but now that i know i would never touch one of them ever again.

Not only endangered species, there is more to this. As far as I know, these animals are taken from the wild while they are still young, often after killing the parents. Those who survive face a live (short due to keeping not appropriate to the species) in an unnatural habitat, often drugged.

I bet the monkey did not have a good time when you posed with him.

I am now in a position where I don't go on purpose to any shows that involve animals in Thailand.

Leave the poor creaures alone.

Not only leave animals alone but also local people and their environment. There's no need to push cameras in everybody's  face just because they look exotic for us.

I had taste of it when visiting Borobudur on Java in May, everyone of 5000 school children visiting place wanted to take their pictures with me. It was fun first 10 times but after that became just nuisance even  if they asked for permission every single time.

Like Christian I don't attend any animal shows neither in Thailand nor elsewhere , only exception being venom milking at Snake Farm in Bangkok  as this is for  a good cause of producing anti-venom.  

Thanks for those photos MrBill. As you rightly mention, the key words are treated humanely. I'm a great fan of elephants, been to the elephant round-up in Surin and elephant villages and always enjoyed seeing these wonderful creatures. Unfortunately, like many things in life there is a downside. Some elephants are treated humanely, but many are not. I wasn't aware, until I read the article linked below, that baby elephants are smuggled over the border from Burma into Thailand. I think it's a bit unfair to generalise and say all tourists bear a responsibility to ensure the elephant camp or elephant show they go to watch treats their elephants fairly, but IMO tourists should at least be aware that mistreatment is commonly used to break the spirits of very young elephants. I don't see a problem with elephants born in captivity and raised by their natural mother in a normal loving way. But to steal a baby from its natural family, horribly mistreat it and transplant it into an artificial elephant camp (so that it's made to look as if it was born there and the adult female elephant it's seen with is its natural mother) is wicked. We can never know just how widespread this practice is but at least if we are aware of it we can make a choice as to whether to visit an elephant camp In Thailand or not, and if we do to maybe ask a few questions about the way the camp treats its elephants, especially its new-born.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2176957/The-agonising-blows-expose-evil-secrets-Thailands-elephant-tourism-The-Duchess-Cornwalls-brother-tells-baby-elephants-brutally-starved-tortured.html#ixzz21Jpby7X2