Guest anonone

Pattaya visit: Sept. 2013

Well, I am back at home and will try to remember a few things to provide an update.
I really needed this break from work, and I drank more alcohol this trip then any other trip before. :shok:

Stayed at Don Plaza for the week. Booked via agoda with a really good rate. Stairs are still an issue for anyone with mobility issues. First flight of steps are STEEP ! There is talk that the will do some construction work to try and make this better, but nothing yet. No elevator either.

Room was in good shape. A/C worked good. Good ceiling fan above the bed (not wobbly) which was great. Bed was harder then I like, but better then the Mosaic concrete version. Downstairs bar area is much more open and enjoyable. Very relaxed, not really a place to drink up a storm or pick up a friend. Think lazy afternoon beer while your batteries recharge. Owner very present, available, and friendly. We will certainly consider staying here again.

It was the first time staying in Sunee proper. Really handy to have the bars just outside your door, but limited choices around for anything during the day.

The gogo bars:
Cocktail bar closed during my entire visit. Have to see if high season brings a resurgence.

Eros bar all the same. Busiest bar around, hands on fun, energetic. And friendly staff. Not the place to find a "stunner" if that is your thing.

Happy boys was knocked down a bit in my mind this trip. Sparse staff that was more interested in phones then I recall before. I would routinely buy drinks for at LEAST 2 boys whenever I visited, but seems most could not be bothered to look up. Still have a couple of fun "friends" here, but Eros a much more fun visit now.

Krazy Dragon: staging a comeback. Gogo bar again, new staff that are more my style, but more shy then the previous crew. Well fitted out inside, good A/C and music, but not quite the fun place yet.

City Boy Bar (Murphy's?). Not sure of the official name anymore. Best description I can come up with for this bar is the Sunee version of Funny Boys. Probably the most attractive gogo staff (in my opinion) in Sunee, but just a boring place to visit. No energy, no vibe. If I was just looking to pop in for an off, this is the place. If I wanted any type of fun place to just grab a drink, I would pass.

Nice boys had a couple dozen dancers. Some sitting on the stage edge taking matters in hand. Mostly straight (looking/acting) guys, a couple fem hiding at back stage.

Mic my: didn't visit. Walked by a couple of times, did not look fun/busy so just passed.

Note: during my entire visit, I did not once witness anything that would make me wonder about ID cards, at any establishment in Sunee.  :good:

Host/beer bars: I didn't do as much "research" in this area.

Favorite home base was still crazy pub (next to Krazy Dragon). BF and I have made several friends here and they take good care of us. A fun place to chill for awhile and share a bottle. Free pool table. Manager (Bon) has the best smile in Sunee.

Double Shot bar. Still MANY waiters working here, most friendly. A couple more twink-type additions since my last visit, which is welcome change for me. Much has already been written about the decor, so nothing new there. I am still confused by the drink philosophy. A glass with a double shot of liquor served with a full container of mixer on the side. :unknw:
So you start with a VERY strong drink, try to find a happy medium, then end up with a weak, mixer-heavy drink.

I may be old-fashioned. But I greatly prefer 2 properly prepared separate drinks over this weird setup.

All of me: one short visit here, just for a quick drink with friendly acquaintance. (Ask NIrish. Lol)
Fine place but a bit too relaxed to make a regular hangout.

I did note that All of Me 2 opened up again sometime during the week. I think it is a bar with massage place upstairs, but i didn't manage a visit to check it out.

That's about all that springs forth in the memory. Specific questions? Just ask.

I also spent quite a bit of time (OK, every night) at the after-hours clubs.

Some video:

Idol club

Tam Nam Isaan

Take a wild guess as to which place was more fun and prompted many return visits this trip....
Drank WAY too much...made a fool out of myself....had not had so much fun since the old T&T days.

Not sure BF will allow us to return anytime soon.

Great post, great to hear you had a great time. You were departing with great attitude and it worked, always does

What about weather rain wise ? .

Thank God it looks they cleaned  ID issue :good:

you just  sold me to visit City Boys , my style , just pop and off. :goodjob:

Double Shot drinks serving style, again who told them how I like it ? Strong start is what I prefer.

Did you visit Magnolia? We exchanged few posts about the place and is firmly  on my list for November visit .

Possibly you had so much fun because you drink WAY too much, clearly it was not milk !

Hi vinapu.

Weather was fine.  No rain at all for the entire time I was there.  A couple of days were pretty hot, but honestly we were asleep in the air conditioned room most of the day, just venturing out for something to eat and pickup laundry. 

I fully adopted the Pattaya boy sleep pattern this trip.  Drink from 7PM until 6 AM, then sleep the day away.  Perfect.  555

Before heading to bed, the group would have a sunrise meal at a small-plate Isaan place.  A chance to sober up a bit and get some food for the boys before sleep time. 

10baht_zps9cb7bd8b.jpg

IMG_3352_zps8dbc9a64.jpg

IMG_3351_zps981bce15.jpg

I didn't get to Magnolia this time around.  In fact, only one massage this trip and that was at a "normal" place.  BF found a guy there that does a great job with him on a Thai massage, so we end up going to that shop.  We need to keep his flexibility good, you know...

I will be back in November as well.  Late November to early December.   Really thinking about bypassing Pattaya this time around and checking out Bangkok and probably Chaing Mai or something.  Give myself a bit of a break from the party all night scene.  You know it is getting bad when you start measuring the amount of alcohol consumed by bottles instead of glasses. 

Thank you for the report on Pattaya.  I really enjoyed it. Esp. your take on Pattaya and the bars there.

I have stayed at the Mosaik a few times but never at the place you stayed in Pattaya. What made you change places?  And, it seems you enjoyed the  place, will you stay there again or as you said, "you would consider staying there."   So, what would be the deciding factor for you in where to stay?

I really like mosaik, except for 2 things.

I find the beds extremely hard and uncomfortable. This is reallly the deal breaker. I also prefer daily maid service (which I know is available, but at additional cos). Everything else about the place is near perfect.

Deciding on a place to stay is more of an issue for us then should be the case. We end up at Marriott a lot of the time, but gets expensive for every trip.. I also like Ambiance, but BF hates staying in BT proper.

If we get a good rate again for Don Plaza, we will probably be back. Haven't talked with BF about it specifically, but I think he liked the place OK. Not sure it is worth the "rack rate".

I haven't heard much about the Flamingo lately. Wonder if that might be worth a shot sometime?