Guest fountainhall

Do You Sometimes Have Suspicions about Fellow Passengers?

Guest fountainhall

You’re trying to get home after a hard day at the office and an equally long evening of drinking and partying. One of your fellow passengers is smoking (not allowed), drinking from a can of soda (not allowed) and flashing his credit card around (dangerous)! Seem fishy? What the heck! It’s New York! Things happen, alright?

Well, not exactly! For your senses come into play and tell you that smell is distinctly fishy. Shark-like, no less. And sure enough, there under your seat is . . . a dead shark!

post-1892-0-57639400-1375930922_thumb.jpg

And that’s what happened to commuters shortly after midnight on the N train to Queens. How it got there, no-one yet knows. Discovery Channel adamantly denies that it has anything to do with promoting its ‘Shark Week’ of programmes.

Whatever, the photos have gone viral, especially the one with the props - cigarette, soda can and credit card, conveniently positioned by one joker.

Jaws this creature ain’t. But you might look under your seat the next time you take ride on the MTR. You never know what you might find there! And this time it might just be alive!

post-1892-0-80020300-1375931008_thumb.jpg
Photos from http://imgur.com/a/ywave

In a Yahoo headline the shark is described as being 4 ft long. It looks smaller than that to me!

I wonder if it smells of formaldehyde (formalin)? My hunch would be some prankster nicked it from a museum display.