firecat69

Courtyard Marriott in BKK

I know there is a post here somewhere on this Hotel I can't find it.

Checked in yesterday . The rate was $85 a night including breakfast.  I have stayed at all the Marriotts in BKK and find this Courtyard very good value for money.

First the staff greets you at the front door with a big smile and "How are you Sir" and there is just something more genuine about it.  Front desk speaks excellent English and as requested they upgraded me to a Corner Room because of my Gold Status.

Now the last few years I have stayed at some of the best serviced apartments in BKK and got quite used to the space.  So I approached my room with some trepidation. It was going to be hard not to have kitchen etc but I just don't feel like spending $160 a night for a short 5 night stay.

I was pleasantly surprised with the room.  Big windows on 2 sides with lots of light. When you first walk in is a large area to place your open bags, plenty of draws and closet space . Safe and small frig which is mostly empty so you can fill it up with stuff from 7/11.

Nice desk space with enough outlets and comfortable chair.  Good TV with decent channel selections. Comfortable bed with many great pillows. Also one lounge chair very comfortable.

A/C very quiet .  Bathroom has decent counter space and under sink storage and a window.

Big shower with great water pressure and a place to sit down.

And fast internet.

Will report on breakfast buffet later.  Have included some photos , I apologize for the quality because of too much sun. 

Oh and the boy was in my room an hour after I checked in.  I love Gayromeo!!

post-243-0-42591600-1373757346_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-01034800-1373757369_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-20026400-1373757397_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-71595000-1373757424_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-02347700-1373757450_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-57610000-1373757473_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-20162000-1373757498_thumb.jpg

Guest travelerjim

If you use the Marriott website...stay 2 nights or more...

they offer a Summer Special rate of 2,800 ++ THB per night...

works out to be approx. US $109 per night including taxes.

includes 2 free buffet breakfasts...until September...w/Free wireless.

We stayed there last month 2 nights...Loved it!

Thanks firecat for your review too...

exactly as we found it...a good value.

fountainhall first posted about this hotel when he shared info about special Aussie rate on Travelzoo...

at $85 AU incl upgrade & 2 free buffet breakfasts...deal now expired.

The breakfast buffet is 450thb ++ per person if bought individually. Nice selection IMHO..good value too.

BUT when included FREE in the Summer Stay Special...a great deal :-)

ALSO...firecat did you register for the Stay 2 separate nights at Marriott's and get voucher for ONE FREE

night at Marriott worldwide class 1-5 hotel?

Has to be 2 stays...of one night or more...not just 2 nights in same hotel. Cannot book  

two separate reservations at same hotel with consecutive nights.

You can earn maximum of 2 vouchers per person...during this promo.

Go to Marriott webpage to get info...

I also posted this in reply to fountainhall's earlier posts about the AU Travelzoo special rate.

BTW...Marriott has opened a new hotel in Rayong on the beach...has special rate of approx. 3500 THB

includes 2 free breakfasts. I plan to try it out...thereby earning a one night free voucher.

tj

Here is link to fountainhall's earlier posts...and my replies about the specials.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8908-travelzoo-bangkok-hotel-offer-closes-tonight/?hl=%2Bcourtyard+%2Bmarriott

Rayong Mariott : 3,299 THB ++ / night

http://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi

Rate Rules

Opening Special Offer, includes breakfast daily, see Rate Rules

Additional Information
  • Special opening offer rate
  • - Valid now - 30th September 2013
  • - Inclusive of breakfast for up to 2 Adults
  • - Rate is subject to availability

Gold members can enjoy free breakfast in the Executive Lounge, or the hotel will comp the buffet in the restaurant downstairs.  Much more selection in the restaurant, but I prefer to use the Executive Lounge - much quieter environment!  Very nice to be offered the choice!

Guest fountainhall

I am also a fan of the Courtyard Hotels in Asia even though I have not stayed at the one here in BKK. It is my favourite hotel in Hong Kong - if I can get it at a cheap enough price, because most of the time all Hong Kong hotel rates are now horribly high.

I got the 1900 baht deal. They had a 72 hour flash sale this past weekend. But it must have gone over well, because it disappeared after 48 hours. I have stayed here twice this year and have been upgraded, so hoping it will happen with this rate when I arrive this week.

Guest anonone

Firecat - thanks for the post and the pictures.

My first visit ever to Thailand, I stayed at the Courtyard Bangkok.  I have very fond memories of this place and your pictures of the room just brought it all back to mind. 

:goodjob:

Guest fountainhall

did you register for the Stay 2 separate nights at Marriott's and get voucher for ONE FREE

night at Marriott worldwide class 1-5 hotel?

Aha, but isn't there always a catch! I will have my second stay in just over a week's time. I was planning to use the voucher on trips to Hong Kong in either September or December. I have tried quite a number of dates, but Hong Kong has a shortage of hotel rooms and, of course, there are no rooms available either for these vouchers or points redemptions - except one hotel that is way out past Kowloon in Shatin and totally impractical for a business trip! Waste of time, unfortunately!

That certainly does not surprise me. HongKong is a very tough city for Hotel Rooms.  But with all your travels I am sure you will find a place to use them like KL or Hanoi or on a trip to the good old USA.

Or you can give them to me and I will use them in BKK.   LOL

Guest travelerjim

But...Is the voucher/certificate transferable???

You can use the voucher in any category 1-5 Marriott Worldwide...

subject to availability ...but is the availability same as using points availability ???

Still a good deal to be able to earn maximum of 2 vouchers/certificates for 4 separate night stays.

(1 for each 2 nights of separate stays)

tj

Guest fountainhall

I was told the vouchers do not guarantee rooms. They are a promotion and so fall into the same category as points redemptions.

And I am sure you are correct - they cannot be transferred. Anyone know a cheap forger who can change a name on a piece of paper?  :shok:

Guest travelerjim

My guess is that the so called Vouchers will be electronic certificates which will appear

on your Marriott Rewards account online. To be used online...or by phone if needed.

Just my guess...as I need one more night too to earn my first FREE Voucher/certificate for 1 Free night.

tj

Guest anonone

TJ

You are correct. The vouchers are all electronic.

FH

Helpful to keep one in the account for spur-of-the-moment hotel stays. You could have the most luxurious short-time room in all of Bangkok. :)