firecat69

Out with Friends in BKK

Arrived BKK today from Pattaya and went out with friends to Soi Twilight.

Soi appeared busy at 915pm and we walked down the street discussing where we would stop first.

I plead guilty to suggesting Classic because I had read some positive posts somewhere about the improvement in boys. Now as always it depends on the night but this was Saturday and we had a right to expect some good boys on offer.

Wrong!!   20 Boys and all of us agreed maybe 1 attractive boy. The 3 of us have completely different tastes so that is quite an indictment. 350 baht a drink. Never again.

Back on the Soi and against my better judgement climbed the stairs to Boys Bangkok (Dreamboys).

10pm and 80% full with show starting at 1030pm. I would say average age high 20's to low 30's.

Variety of bodies with some very nice light muscle boys.  I am a face person and there were some nice faces but certainly nothing worth 380 baht for water and 600 baht offs at least in my opinion.

Then we made the mistake of staying for the show. Now over the last 13 years I have seen this show many times and although I am not a show person , always felt they did a good job.

This was the worst show I have ever seen there,  From Big c--k show to the F--K show it was pitiful.  The F--k show was Ladyboy on Ladyboy.  Just pitiful.

It was standing room only and counting the 3 of us there were 5 farangs in the audience.

Just goes to show, he knows his market and they seemed to have a good time. For us it will maybe be years before I will pay 380 baht for water and sit through such an awful show.

I am in BKK 4 more nights and will certainly not visit Soi Twilight again.

Might stop at HeartBeat and Super A tomorrow but I will return to Gayromeo. The boy I had in the afternoon from Gayromeo was as good looking as anyone I saw tonight and far better then 90% of them.

I love BKK but not for Gay GoGo Bars or even boys . I will take Pattaya hands down for what I am looking for!!!

I agree with Firecat totally on his assessment of both Classic and Dreamboys. Classic was a real dud. There was only one cute boy on the stage at all but more than that, at least 50 percent did not even seem like they should be on any stage.

Dreamboys show last night was horrible. Ladyboys fucking each other. While I like ladyboys, I found the show comical but not in a funny way. It was just horrendous. It was hard to watch to be honest and at 380 baht a drink, it left a feeling like you were getting screwed.

Did they rise the prices? I remember the last rise of prices from 250 to 300 in X-Boys and Classic Boys from 2011 to 2012.

Last prices I remember (earlier this year) was 300 Baht in Classic and 350 Baht in Dream Boy. To put these prices into context: in Saranrom park I had one offer for sex for 300 Baht, and two for 400 Baht, but the going rate is 500 Baht.

I had a stroll through Soi Twilight yesterday night, around 10-11, but did not go to any bar as I was not looking for sex (I only go if I have the intention to off a boy).

Guest fountainhall

I am surprised by the comments on Classic. I have been 3 times in the last 3 months - twice on Sundays and once on a weekday. I admit the last time the selection was not great, but the previous two times there were around 30 boys there and my friends and I reckoned several were to our tastes! But then, of course, tastes differ.

Also I am surprised at the drink prices. We always paid Bt. 250 at Classic - never more.

Guest Promsak

I too am surprised, Firecat, that you paid so much in Classic Boys.

I always negotiate a price outside with the doorman but I'm sure that even inside, when the DJ was announcing the 'delights' of the next show, he was saying that the reguar price was 280.

Most of the bars will agree to lower the price for drinks BUT the price for a boy drink will always be full price.

This applies also to Heartbeat. Be sure to bypass the touts at the end of the soi (even if you've bought their book!) and speak to the doorman outside the club. Always negotiate outside before going in (that applies to any bar).

I'm sorry that you didn't like Classic as it my favourite at the moment. All bars can have their bad nights especially in this low rainy season.

I was recently in Classic on a Saturday and the early (10:45?) show was packed with customers whereas the midnight show was almost empty.

I hope you have a better night tonight.

Guest fountainhall

Just for clarification, we have never 'negotiated' a drinks price at Classic. Always paid Bt. 250 according to the bill. On the other hand, we have negotiated rates at Heart Beat. But the reduced price was only for our drinks. Drinks for the boys remained at the usual rate.

I know that some bars in Soi Twilight vary prices according to the day of the week. Perhaps Saturdays are higher than others. Given Soi Twlight's increasing popularity with Asian clientele who do not seem put off by those prices, I doubt if owners will change the 'official' prices downwards.

I must admit I didn't pay the bill at Classic so I could be wrong on the drink prices.

As far as the boys the 3 of us have completely different tastes and we all agreed they were awful.  But like you say every night is different and maybe all the lookers go out with their friends on Saturday.  They will not get another chance with us for some time.