TotallyOz

Fuck Dan Cathy like the Homophobe he is

That Chick-Fil-A fucker Dan Cathy, pulled his tweet he made right after the Supreme Court announced it decision on DOMA. IMHO, this twat should have an apple stuffed in his mouth and roasted like the fucking pig he is. He said: "Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies." So, Mr. Dan Cathy, I still will not be going to your shitty restaurants with the rest of the cunts that eat there. @RantoftheDay hehe

The opening post might work better with fewer profanities.

LOL We are all adults here. Aren't we? Unfortunately, this is the way I talk in person. I am not highly educated and sophisticated. I am just a down home southern boy with a potty mouth.

And, I much prefer George Carlin to Jay Leno. :)

Assuming you regard them as 'bad', is a mouthful of profanities the same as reading them in print or on your computer screen?

Personally, if a person I was chatting to littered his speech with 'bad' words I'd soon make my excuses and leave. I was brought up to avoid that kind of language, so for someone to use it in my presence is an insult to my intelligence (never mind what I may think about his!). I don't have any friends who use 'bad' language either, and I wouldn't want any. Maybe younger people speak differently, I don't know, as apart from my nephews and nieces, I don't generally encounter young falungs. I have encountered many young Thais, but apart from the odd argument, I haven't heard them swear (at least in English, and as a non-Thai speaker I don't know any Thai swear words!).

In print I'm not to bothered quite frankly. As Michael says we're all adults. Where I would draw a distinction is between its occasional use and its frequent use. One or two unfortunate chaps on the bitch board seem to have an anatomical anomaly: where a normal chap has his rectum they have (very) vocal chords - where a normal chap has ... well I'm sure you get the general idea.

Personally, if a person I was chatting to littered his speech with 'bad' words I'd soon make my excuses and leave. I was brought up to avoid that kind of language, so for someone to use it in my presence is an insult to my intelligence (never mind what I may think about his!).

Whatever you do, do NOT ever visit NYC and try to take a taxi, go to a deli, stand in line, walk down the street, take the subway, or well, I guess you get my point. If your sensibilities are such that you are offended by "bad" words, that is one city you had best avoid.

However, I do understand your feelings. If you want to visit a kinder, more gentle city, may I suggest Pattaya? There it is just a bunch of professional companions who use their body parts to make sure that others are happy. Or, as we New Yorker's would say..... :)

Also, just as a reminder. If you ever see a topic on any message board that starts with "Fuck" I suggest that those who are offended by "bad" words might just assume that the poster might just go in a nasty rant once the post begins.

As for me and this post, my hope is that someone on Dan's camp will see the thread.

How is that possible Michael?

It is pretty easy, if a thread get listed into Google, alerts are sent out to anyone who has the name Dan Cathy subscribed. I know for a fact that many people like Mr. Cathy do this and view the threads in question. I thought the most appropriate title for this thread was Fuck Dan Cathy. :)

Guest fountainhall

Unfortunately, this is the way I talk in person

As one who has had the pleasure of meeting Michael, I can confirm the accuracy of this comment  :rofl:

(I know I'm supposed to add something about 'it's only a . . .' but I'll just leave everyone guessing  :unknw: )

As someone who loves to go to New York for the great exhibits at the Metropolitan, Fritz, MOMA, Guggenheim, etc., I can testify that Michaels knows how New yorkers talk and act.  Yes Rogie you do not want to go anywhere near this city.  As for me, NY is one of my favorite places in the world.  After you get past the harsh language and in your face demeanor of most New Yorkers, you will find they are some of the best people you are ever going to meet.

As for me and this post, my hope is that someone on Dan's camp will see the thread.

Is Dan camp?

Seriously, do you think he'd care two hoots? Again I say I don't know this man, nor the history behind his opposition, but people who take an extreme high profile stance on anything to do with sex, immigration, politics or religion will have a hide the envy of many a rhinoceros.

However, I do understand your feelings. If you want to visit a kinder, more gentle city, may I suggest Pattaya? There it is just a bunch of professional companions who use their body parts to make sure that others are happy. Or, as we New Yorker's would say..... :)

Really?

You obvioulsy didn't get the message when I wrote: ". . . I don't generally encounter young falungs (but) I have encountered many young Thais, but apart from the odd argument, I haven't heard them swear"

Must be my understated British humour!

I don't generally encounter young falungs (but) I have encountered many young Thais, but apart from the odd argument, I haven't heard them swear"

I just asked 5 younger Thai's today and all 5 said they swear words are used often with 80-90 percent of Thai youths.

As a farang who does not speak Thai, I just always assumed it was part of the vocabulary. Now, I know it is.

That said, the guys I asked were not your prim and proper guys. They are a bit rough and tough. So, it may also depend on the group you ask.

Guest anonone

I agree with the basic sentiment in Micheal's original post.  I have not set foot inside one of their restaurants since the original comments against gay marriage.  As a side note, this was a bit of a sacrifice as they have some of the best breakfast items in the area...nothing too much for the cause.  LOL

Interesting to note that after the last controversy, they had record sales as all the right-wing nuts decided to buy a chicken sandwich in support of bigotry.

I have to wonder if the latest comment is not a money-grabbing move by the owner.  Keeping the flames fanned and such....not that such a thing would ever be considered by such "devout" religious folks.... :db:

Happy to see a lot of posts by Michael of late.  I assume back in the LOS again.  Perhaps our paths will cross next week....

I will brace myself for the language onslaught just in case....

Peace.

I agree with the basic sentiment in Micheal's original post.  I have not set foot inside one of their restaurants since the original comments against gay marriage.

I loved the place as well before the initial issue and have not stepped foot in them since. However, I took it a step further. I was in LA when this happened and I participated in the initial Kiss In for the West Hollywood area and right afterwards I drove across the USA from Cali to South Carolina in a Budget Rental Truck. I decided to continue my protest and I stopped in every state along the way at a ChickFilA and opened the door and pissed on the pavement.

I thought just a fun way to tell them what I thought of them. I guess I have even less class now that most of you thought right? :) LOL

As one who has had the pleasure of meeting Michael, I can confirm the accuracy of this comment  

You must encourage him......  When I met Michael, his language was impeccable.  Like the in the majority of his posts.

Guest anonone

I loved the place as well before the initial issue and have not stepped foot in them since. However, I took it a step further. I was in LA when this happened and I participated in the initial Kiss In for the West Hollywood area and right afterwards I drove across the USA from Cali to South Carolina in a Budget Rental Truck. I decided to continue my protest and I stopped in every state along the way at a ChickFilA and opened the door and pissed on the pavement.

I thought just a fun way to tell them what I thought of them. I guess I have even less class now that most of you thought right? :) LOL

And you complain about a long flight in Business Class !!!  LOL

I can thing of no worse form of abuse then a lengthy car ride across the Southern USA...can't even begin to imagine the trip in a Budget Rental Truck.  :roadrage:

Guest Enchanter

I decided to continue my protest and I stopped in every state along the way at a ChickFilA and opened the door and pissed on the pavement.

You are kidding right? In full view of everyone?

That's brilliant LOL. 

Maybe hang a shit on the lawn next time too.  :p

Personally, if a person I was chatting to littered his speech with 'bad' words I'd soon make my excuses and leave. I was brought up to avoid that kind of language, so for someone to use it in my presence is an insult to my intelligence... 

Hmmm... Must say, swear words like fuck and shitty are pretty common in most professional workplaces... so when I hear of sensitivity like this, I tend to wonder out of curiosity, what planet are you on and do you work in a library or something?

I think swear words are fine as long as you don't overuse them to the point of where they lose their intended effect through desensitisation. And when with a client or customer, wait for them to swear first.

I just asked 5 younger Thai's today and all 5 said they swear words are used often with 80-90 percent of Thai youths.

As a farang who does not speak Thai, I just always assumed it was part of the vocabulary. Now, I know it is.

That said, the guys I asked were not your prim and proper guys. They are a bit rough and tough. So, it may also depend on the group you ask.

If they're among their peers or with friendly company, they all swear, regardless of class, socio-economic status or age. Though it's usually in good humour. 

Having said that, my BF is very reluctant for me to learn the "rougher" Thai words for fear I'll use them outside its appropriate context or miss-judge their severity.  

Hmmm... Must say, swear words like fuck and shitty are pretty common in most professional workplaces... so when I hear of sensitivity like this, I tend to wonder out of curiosity, what planet are you on and do you work in a library or something?

Goodness gracious me! What planet? I'm in a world of my own . . .

As far as working in a library goes, draw your own conclusion!

post-8358-0-25458400-1374095078_thumb.jpg

post-8358-0-41859400-1374095114_thumb.jpg