Guest scottishguy

UK to Introduce £3000 Visa Bond

Guest scottishguy
It has been announced that the UK is to introduce a Visa Bond of £3000 on anyone entering the UK from certain specified Asian/African countries.

It seems the Bond will be on the basis of a 6 month Visa and if the Visitor overstays then obviously the Bond is forfeit.

Currently the Pilot Scheme will involve visitors from India, Pakistan, Nigeria,  Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Ghana - but the plan is to roll it out - so it could conceivably come to include Thailand and eventually it will cover all countries (except EU, which would be illegal) and all Visa types - but (interestingly) not all visas. This suggests that it will be targetted at potential visitors who are currently "borderline" cases.

By this, the Conservative Party (aided and abetted by their quisling Liberal Democrat collaborators) hope to cut net Immigration from "..the hundreds of thousands to the tens of thousands" according to the Home Secretary Theresa May - so they are talking of substantial change.

The background is a Conservative 2010 Election manifesto committment to reduce net immigration below 100,000 by 2015, coupled with a need to pander to xenophobic elements within their own party and those of the far-right UK Independence Party (UKIP). 

With UKIP currently standing at around 15% in the polls in England, and the Conservatives languishing in the low 30's it seems unlikely that the Conservatives will be able to form a Govt after the 2015 election without some kind of support from UKIP. 

The Sunday Times has a story on this today but it's paywalled - the best FREE link I can find is this:

Guest fountainhall

These sort of things tend to be reciprocal. So as soon as this new bond is introduced, expect to see India levy the same fee on what the country perceives to be the same category of UK citizens!

Well I wish they would just make it as easy as that in general and do away with all the other crap as it's so frustrating knowing you've to jump through a million hoops to get a thai friend over to the UK, knowing full well that he will have no intention of overstaying but still probably being denied, personally I'd be much happier just signing a bond and taking the responsibility to have him back to the airport or not when his time came !

I've actually a Thai friend staying in another European country right now ( I wont say where in case his BF is reading this :) but he can't wait to get home and it literally counting the days until he can get back to Pattaya.

Guest scottishguy

Hmmm I thought the same NIrish, as my difficulties getting a visa for my bf are well documented - BUT the £3000 bond appears to be in addition to the normal ridiculous "hoops" - not instead of them