Guest fountainhall

Update on Suriwong Bars

Guest fountainhall

Hit a few more bars with friends at the week-end.

Screw Boys, Patpong 2

On this showing, the new Screw Boys is a total dud! Didn’t see a show, but saw enough to have a quick drink and get out. The stage is now on the right as you enter, and the main seating is L-shaped booths on the left. Problem is – there is a huge gap between stage and the seating. Perhaps this is to accommodate all the extra seats they think they may need (but won’t)! Seats were uncomfortable, my large glass of whisky nam had not more than 3 drops of the hard stuff in it and the boys in white briefs were a pretty motley crew. Mostly mid-20s or so, clearly bored out of their skulls, not even a soft-shoe shuffle and not a smile amongst them. Each of us had one ‘dancer’ we might have given a second thought to had they shown any spark of interest or been attracted away from their mobile phones. One dead bar down, never to return!

X-Size, Soi Twilight

Next hit X-Size which was quite full. Went to some seats at the back, but they had “reserved” notices on them. Turned out there was a Handsome Boy contest later and so we either had to sit bang in front of the stage and rick our necks or move on. We moved on.

Classic Boys, Soi Twilight

Classic was next, as my friends wanted to see the swimming (can’t think why as, besides being athletic, it wasn’t remotely sexy). At least the bar is comfortable, though. I do like the relatively new long sofas. And the mix of boys has changed back again, with more twinks and less of a mix of types. Bar was packed on the sofas parallel to the stage. Some decent dancing, some nice flirting smiles to prospective punters, a whisky nam that had a decent slug of whisky in it and a 10:45 pm ish show that had just enough to keep one’s interest. An overlong Indian type number very enthusiastically and engagingly danced by the boys, an erotic nude show, one lip-sync warbler and ending with a fuck show. Pleasant mama-sans politely enquiring about drinks for boys and offs but in a fun way, and did not bother us when we said no. We stayed on a bit after the show as we were having a good time.

Scorpion, Soi Twilight

A quick drink (Bt. 100) at Scorpion for old-times sake as we had been regulars at Solid. The soi was pretty empty and so we only stayed a few minutes.

Heartbeat Club (Soi across from Twilight and slightly to the right)

I didn’t get the drink prices at the other bars since my friends paid. Here, despite being advertised at Bt. 250, either the tout at the end of the soi will ensure you get first drinks at Bt. 200 or the manager will recognise you and give the same price. Same group of younger, mostly (but not all) femme type boys, some enthusiastic and fun dancing, and some accommodating to a bit of finger wandering when you have them over for a drink in the booth-type seating. It was late-ish when we got there and only 2 other customers. But a pleasant way to end an evening that had started so miserably in Screw Boys.

Guest Promsak

Fountainhall.

I couldn't agree more with your comments about New Screw Boys. It is now owned by the 'King's Group' of lady bars in the same soi with drinks at 280 Baht. I assume that it still stays open late and becomes packed with 'ladies' when they have stopped dancing in their own bars.

I find Classic Boys to be a really nice bar to relax in. A mixture of boys all having fun with one or two stunners. The waiting staff and mamasan all have their own personalities and are not pushy at all. I often pop in and find that I've stayed an hour or two. The drinks are 270 and offs 400. Say hello to Moo, the waiter who thinks he is an air stewardess!

I think that you're a little mistaken about Scorpion being associated with the old Solid. Scorpion is the last open bar in the soi and used to have a live singer. It has recently changed hands and I believe that the name will soon be changed. It has nothing to do with the bar next door that is owned by Wirat -- the ex-owner/manager/mamasan of Solid. Wirat usually has about 3 of his ex boys at the bar. Drinks are 100 as I believe they are at Scorpion and also Banana Bar and Hotmale (downstairs outside) and Hotmale 2, next door, at the start of the soi.

There is no name sign ouside Wirat's bar but I believe that he likes to call it Ocean Boys Beer Bar (both Wirat's bar and Scorpion occupy the outside terraces of the long defunct Ocean Boys).

Thanks for a very interesing and informative post.

Guest fountainhall

I think that you're a little mistaken about Scorpion being associated with the old Solid

Thanks for the correction. I've always assumed that bar was named Scorpion!!

Guest fountainhall

Another night out in the Soi Twilight area - and a total reversal from a few weeks ago. This time almost everything was a total disaster!

After an excellent dinner at Il Bolognese near Sathorn Soi 7, we first hit Heartbeat Club which we have always enjoyed. Closed! One of the beer bar mamasans on Soi Twlight told us it had been closed for one or two weeks. Just not enough customers to keep it going.

So we ventured across to Twilight to hit Classic Boys. It was nearing 11:00pm and we knew we'd get the end of the show, which we did not want to see. But we thought we'd just have a drink and wait till the boys started 'dancing' again. About ten or so farang, one seated with one of the boys. The music was far louder than we have ever noticed on recent visits. We ordered drinks before realising that the volume was in fact quite unbearable! I gestured to one of the mamasans. She got the message and said "Just wait - two minutes more!" I shook my head. "Now". "Just two minutes." Whereupon my friends and I went directly over to the bar, cancelled our drinks and walked out. Why it was so much louder last night when it has been at a very acceptable volume over the last 4 or so visits, I have zero idea.

Scorpion Bar was quite busy with a couple of cute waiters. We had one drink and then decided to try the go-go bar in the old Future Boy premises. Sorry, I cannot recall its name. In fact, I don't even remember seeing a sign outside. But that hardly matters, for what was going on inside was I think worse than anything I have ever seen in a Twilight Bar - and that goes back more than 30 years. A 'show' was in progress. Seated on the surround type seating we could make out a total of 5 other customers and three bored and distinctly un-cute go-go boys. On stage were three of the least attractive men I have seen on any stage doing a sort of big c-ck show. They looked 150% bored out of their minds! When they finally departed, a pause of nearly 3 minutes in darkness whilst the next 'act' got themselves down from upstairs. That was the end for us. We paid the Bt. 300 (each) for our drinks and left, never to visit again.

Another drink and some soi watching at the bar next to Scorpion (the one whose name I can never remember but which has the mamasan WIrat and one of the boys from the old defunct Solid bar). At least drinks there are still just Bt. 100. The soi was particularly empty. Even the boys from the massage place opposite seemed bored and didn't bother with their usual flirting. Hardly a farang in sight. Only a few Asians and an occasional Indian.

It was a thoroughly depressing evening. Walking back to Suriwong, we should have popped into Fresh Boys where there seemed to be quite a few attractive boys doing their soft shoe shuffle. It might have brightened our spirits, but we'd had enough!

Guest Promsak

Last night, I asked Wirat what he is calling his bar --- he shrugged and said that he really didn't know! He is on the terrace of the old Ocean Boys agogo bar and whilst that was closed, he called it something like Ocean Beer Bar but now that they have reopened he thinks he'll have to think of a new name.

The new Ocean Boys is co-owned by the 2 Thai owners of X-Size(?) opposite.

There is a side door to Ocean Boys leading to upstairs, and a stream of elderly Thai/Chinese ladies (and a few gentlemen) coming in and out.

Interesting to see that yet another hairdressers has opened opposite Wirat --- that makes three in a row (all of them busy) and it shares it's one shophouse space with a Thai food stall outside, also busy.

Was in Classic on Saturday and the first show had only a few customers --- the drag act asked us to stay for the second show which we did. It was well worth staying -- he and the boys had obviously been working on new routines (non Indian).

I didn't find the music too loud but then I don't pay 300 Baht to go to and chat. YES! the price has gone up from 280 to 300 following the usual Thai logic that you put your prices up in the low season to compensate for the lack of customers.

Classic still remains my favourite gogo bar with a fun atmosphere and no hassling from mamasans or waiters.

There are still bars in Soi Twilight where  one can buy a beer for 100 Baht --- HotMale (downstairs), Hotmale2, Wirats bar, Scorpion and possibly Maxi's.

Guest fountainhall

Normally I find the level of the music in Classic perfectly acceptable. Yesterday evening around 10:45ish, it was excruciating - and painful! No idea why it was so bad!

Saw the worst sex show at Hot Male a few weeks ago. An ugly fat

lady man with blonde wig and big cock fucks a skinny ladyboy. The

worst by far, in over ten years of seeing shows. Never again will

I see the show at Hot Male.

We all say ' never again ' but sooner or later we are back in THE SOI watching shows and passing traffic as there's no place like that anywhere

Correct, that's why I never say "never", I give an idea how many years it might take until I visit a certain bar again, e.g 5 to 10 years until I set foot again into Jupiter2002, Dreamboys or Tawan.

Now I'm scared Christian, I 'm planning to start my sightseeing  with Tawan and Dreamboys when I'll be in Bangkok in November , never been to Tawan and Dreamboys is one not visited for longest time. As sworn butterfly I rotate bars in order. Hope I will not show any attitude when there.

As for Jupiter I still think is best bar for show &  eye candy and mamasans are not pushy at all but understand what you say as I was not happy with my last ' business ' meeting with boy from that bar. But may be it was lack of chemistry. Will visit them when their turn comes, not any time soon as this was my last bar visited on the last trip so landed at end of line anyways . 

Tawan bar: not the type of boy I am looking for

Dreamboys: highest prices for drinks (off fee and tip expectations as well as I read on the forums), plus last time I went I got a seat where I had to turn my 90 degrees to see the stage (which means the bar was full, the owner must be doing something right)

Jupiter: last time I visited most boys wore shorts and sleeveless shirts, I don't pay gogo bar prices to see boys in sleeveless shirts (or any shirts) (I never offed a boy, but if firecat says they expect higher tips than elsewhere this is another reason not to go again.)

(One could add Nature Boys: low number of boys, I don't like their shorts and it's too direct in your face, however if you like sleaze perfect. Maybe time to go again to check.)

I haven't been back to Jupiter in many

years. Asians are their bread

and butter and farangs not

prized.

Pattaya boybars full of Asians

in recent weeks, especially

in Pattayland sois bars.

Word is that pay more and complain

less.

Market economy at works I guess. May be there is grain of truth in circulated wisdom about stingy Pattaya expats. As long as bars are full this is good news. If we love Asian boys why Asians shouldn't ?

When I red your Jupiter statement I recalled that during my last time there only handful farangs were in audience for  a show so you must be right

Tawan bar: not the type of boy I am looking for

Dreamboys: highest prices for drinks (off fee and tip expectations as well as I read on the forums), plus last time I went I got a seat where I had to turn my 90 degrees to see the stage (which means the bar was full, the owner must be doing something right)

Jupiter: last time I visited most boys wore shorts and sleeveless shirts, I don't pay gogo bar prices to see boys in sleeveless shirts (or any shirts) (I never offed a boy, but if firecat says they expect higher tips than elsewhere this is another reason not to go again.)

(One could add Nature Boys: low number of boys, I don't like their shorts and it's too direct in your face, however if you like sleaze perfect. Maybe time to go again to check.)

There are some rumors that some less beefy but still well built boys appeared recently at Tawan , hope somebody will volunteer to inspect bar and place  report. 

Recent post on CFS forum says that drinks at Dreamboys are 380 and off fee 600. This means outlay of 1000 before one even toughs boy's d***k . But you may be right-owner knows his clients and is cashing in. But this is very unwelcome move and hope it will not work. I'd rather spend money on the boy than bar.

Low number of boys is not necessary a bad thing as long as one can find somebody attractive. When I peeked inside last time out of 4 boys at Nature , one was definitely offable at least by me. So there's hope.

Too much choice is creating confusion as of whom to pick

Guest xiandarkthorne

There are some rumors that some less beefy but still well built boys appeared recently at Tawan , hope somebody will volunteer to inspect bar and place report...

True. I was there at the end of July and there were a couple of really cute, boyish but well-built boys whom I'd have offed if not for the fact that I was suffering the after-effects of "a couple of previous engagements." There might have been more such boys as I only reached Tawan an hour after the show and they might have been offed already. The cute boyish muscular (but not bodybuilder proper) guys I saw couldn't have been more than 22 or 23 at most. One looked like he might have been 20 or less, to be honest. AND THEY WERE BOTH EXTREMELY FRIENDLY!

True. I was there at the end of July and there were a couple of really cute, boyish but well-built boys whom I'd have offed if not for the fact that I was suffering the after-effects of "a couple of previous engagements." There might have been more such boys as I only reached Tawan an hour after the show and they might have been offed already. The cute boyish muscular (but not bodybuilder proper) guys I saw couldn't have been more than 22 or 23 at most. One looked like he might have been 20 or less, to be honest. AND THEY WERE BOTH EXTREMELY FRIENDLY!

I only hope they still  be there in November, this is very good news indeed, 'cute boyish muscular  and extremely friendly' ,I can't ask for more.

Guest bbillybb

All and all I still enjoy Classic Boy as they have my type of boy..a lot less intimidating than the others. I haven't been to LOS for a bit but am disappointed at the drink prices at BKK bars. Off is quite dear too. Mai Pen rai.

"Low number of boys is not necessary a bad thing as long as one can find somebody attractive. When I peeked inside last time out of 4 boys at Nature , one was definitely offable at least by me. So there's hope.

Too much choice is creating confusion as of whom to pick"

With a low number of boys (less than about 8) (I wrote a numerical eight, I thought we solved that problem?), I can see with a "free look" if there is any to my taste. Usually not, and in that case I leave the bar (without buying a drink). My problem is not "too much choice", but rather to find any boy who fits my expectations.

"Low number of boys is not necessary a bad thing as long as one can find somebody attractive. When I peeked inside last time out of 4 boys at Nature , one was definitely offable at least by me. So there's hope.

I prefer more choice. If one cute boy cannot bear to make eye contact with the prospective client & smile when on stage, it is good to have other options.

However, of course a bar with one cute boy is better than a bar with twenty unsuitable ones.

On my last visit to Thailand, Classic Boys had the most promising selelction.

I prefer more choice. If one cute boy cannot bear to make eye contact with the prospective client & smile when on stage, it is good to have other options.

However, of course a bar with one cute boy is better than a bar with twenty unsuitable ones.

and this is what makes bar hopping such a pleasant experience,  even if we don't score just hunting makes it worth.

And is nothing wrong in being picky, after all we are looking for somebody we spent very intimate moments or hours with so we should give a chance to ourselves and to the boy to make right move.