TotallyOz

Origami Condoms Radically Redesigns Almost Century-Old Latex Protection

Let's face it, for many people the classic latex condom is an unsensational product at best. And for nearly a century, no one really bothered to make that basic design any better.

But now a small business called Origami Condoms says it is ready to reinvent the condom and make it more appealing to use by taking a design tip from the Japanese art of paper folding. The secret? An accordion-like design.

"The latex condom was strictly protection. No one liked using it," Origami Condoms' creator and company founder, Danny Resnic, told The Huffington Post. "We are trying to create a condom that feels great and is much closer to the real deal to encourage people to use them."

Traditional condom makers have long been trying to make the existing condom design more appealing with textures and even flavors. But Origami Condoms' breakthrough style -- which has condoms folded up rather than rolled up like its predecessors -- acts as a loose-fitting sheath when it's in use and moves with the natural movement of the body. That means both participants will experience a lot more sensation during sex, Resnic said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/origami-condoms_n_3020314.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpfXJRq57v8

Guest fountainhall

Hmmm! Interesting, but two possible problems have been highlighted.

1. Easy of portability. These will come in golf-ball sized pods. Yeah, can you just imagine bulging pockets as guys flock into saunas with the new condoms!

2. The Huffington Post reports the price point is likely to be around US$7 per condom. How many will want to pay that amount, I wonder?

2. The Huffington Post reports the price point is likely to be around US$7 per condom. How many will want to pay that amount, I wonder?

Poppers are not exactly legal in the USA but people pay upwards of 25 USD for a bottle. I don't think 7 US per condom is a big stretch for many power bottoms.

I'll be curious the testing and if this is safer and more comfortable than regular condoms.

Guest scottishguy

...... a big stretch for many power bottoms.....

Surely the last thing a "power bottom" would need is any further "stretch"?  

Some kind of sphinctal "drawstring" would seem far more appropriate.

:hi: