Guest scottishguy

Ting-Tong Thai wins Snooker Match

Guest scottishguy

post-13509-0-61986600-1366834136_thumb.jpg

Former World number two and currently number five Stephen Maguire said he didn't think Dechawat Poomjaeng was "the full shilling" after suffering a shock 10-9 defeat to him in the World Championship first round.

The Thai player, ranked number 70 in the world, applauded his own shots willed Maguire's to go awry, and spilt a bottle of water mid-frame.

"I was afraid to look in the end. Crazy things were happening. I don't think he's the full shilling," the Scot said.

"I just had to switch off. I've never seen him before but there's definitely something missing."

But he added: "He seems like a really nice boy and very genuine."

The Sheffield resident, who lives with four other Thai snooker players, including former world number three James Wattana, now has a second-round date with fellow qualifier Michael White.

Owen Phillips, BBC Sport correspondent at the Crucible, said: "It was box-office entertainment. But it was more Frank Spencer than John Spencer."

Poomjaeng twice took a wrong turn when entering the Crucible arena and spent much of his time throwing his arms about, twitching and fidgeting, muttering to himself, and hitting himself and the table.

In only his second season as a professional, Poomjaeng said: "I tried to relax and enjoy it, rather than be serious because that wouldn't be good for my game. It was exciting."

BBC Sport.

http://tinyurl.com/c2dc8yv

I believe this is the same player who lost / was penalised and made to concede / lose a complete frame the other day in a match when he failed to hit a single ball even when he was entitled and allowed three chances to do so ! :-) Opps ! Saying that he does seem like a real "character" as after the embarrassment he immediately had the crowd up clapping and cheering his terrible play so at least he doesn't take life to seriously it seems :-)

Unfortunately it seems though that his entertaining style will be no more, at least in this years World Snooker Championships as he's just been put out of the running after a13-3 defeat, by a Welshman it seems !

Source :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2315431/WORLD-SNOOKER-CHAMPIONSHIP-2013-Dechawat-Poomjaeng-knocked-Michael-White.html