TotallyOz

Thailand's Area at the Musical Instruments Museum in Phoenix

Growing up in Alabama I didn't have many things that interested me. The one exception was music. The band director asked me to join the marching band in 6th Grade and from there on, I had something that interested me. Music was an important part of my life and today I went to the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, Arizona. It has instruments from every corner of the globe. It also had instruments played by Elvis, John Lennon, Janis Joplin, and more.

The museum was massive and I loved that there were tv screen on every area that when you walked near them, the music of those instruments played on your headset. It was amazing to listen to such great songs while looking at instruments made around the world. One of my favorite exhibits was by R. Carlos Nakai. I fell in love with his native American flute music in undergraduate school and from then on, I was in love with his music.

I got to see the first Steinway Piano EVER. It was just an amazing day and brought back such great memories music from today and years gone by!

If you are in Phoenix, this place is great and it has an amazing organic cafe with delicious food from the local area. Yumm!

Naturally, I loved the Thai exhibit as the music was very familiar to me. They also have a photo of the kind playing an instrument. Overall, the place was really a joy to spend time with if you like world music.

Jamica.jpg

Thailad.jpg

Bells2.jpg

Bells.jpg

Madagaskar.jpg

frenchhorn.jpg

Organic_Food.jpg

R_Carlos_Nakai.jpg

Steve_Vai_Guitar.jpg

guitt.jpg

Ucc.jpg

Music.jpg