NIrishGuy

Save a fortune - visit / stay in the UK

So, I've finally worked out a way to avoid all the long flights, baht rate drops and expensive off fees as last week on a whim I booked a few nights visiting Canal Street ( which is big gay area) in Manchester and I had an absolutely BRILLIANT time !!

Thirty plus gay bars and clubs, everyone in party mode every night, great music, cheap drink, quality and not expensive hotels - and how about this the first guy I met was a hot Thai guy from Bangkok !!! :-) who kindly agreed to slip away from his BF for a few hours for some hot (unpaid) fun ( even though he kept insisting his BF was just his friend lol), I then met another 26 year old local guy who also then kept me up for the other half the night so its a weekends fun I won't forget in a while :-) !

So it appears that one doesn't need to travel half way round the world after all to have a damn good time - and sometimes the most obvious things and places that the ones that are staring us in the face all along it seems.

So I'm now back at the airport to fly home ( wrecked after getting about 5 hours sleep in total all weekend ) and will most definitely be back for more of Manchester's delights :-)

Guest scottishguy

I've had some of my best times in Manchester!

For those of us who don't get offered FREE SEX like NIrish (damn his eyes! lol), there used to be a reasonable rent scene centering around 3 of the bars - where the local str8/bi scallys would ply their trade for no more than about £30 and I'd be surprised if that is not still the case (although the price will have gone up!)

Ha, my eyes mustn't be all that as literally within 1 minute of arriving and walking out my hotel door for the first time I was offered some paid fun by a street hustler - which disconcertingly when I politely declined with "thanks but maybe later" ( or keeping my options open more like just in case I didn't pull lol) his next line was " well would you have any spare change for a cup of coffee

then !" - meaning of course that he must have thought that I looked THAT desperately in need of a shag in the first place ! ( and perhaps he wasn't too far wrong there either little did he know lol !! :-)

I should add that I was also very discerning as in another bar when almost instantly on arrival again a guy sat down beside me and placed my hand on his ( large) crotch and said "I've 8 1/2" come back to my room" and I said NO !! ( I'm still in shock about myself actually) but the bloody Thai guy had all but done me in energy wise with his "demands" and I needed some time to recharge my internal batteries - for all of about an hour I seem to recall - so yes Manchester - highly recommended and I've already booked my room for Pride in August if anyone else is going so say hi :-)

Guest scottishguy

Within a minute of leaving your hotel?

How many times have I told you - you'll need to stop wearing such outfits!

post-13509-0-83139500-1364836277_thumb.jpg

Guest fountainhall

There's one issue about gay life in the UK that has always intrigued me - at least relatively recently. Way back decades ago, there was a club in London on Kensington High Street, El Sombrero, where a lot of Asian guys hung out and where it was relatively easy to chat up guys and then spend some time together. That Club eventually died and it seems the Asian crowd - at least that part looking for westerners - now tend to mix in the larger pubs and discos. (I understand that in the 70s before it became an Asian hangout, El Sombrero was a Club for trendy leaders in the pop and movie business like Derek Jarman, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Long John Baldry and Dusty Springfield).

My reason for bringing this up is that I know two slim gym-fit handsome guys who recently lived in London. One was from Hong Kong, around 35 but looked 25. He had a good and well-paid banking job and his own flat near South Kensington. In my book, he should have been a great catch.

The other from Taipei was aged 30 but looked 25ish. He was studying for an MBA. The Hong Kong guy had been in a long term relationship for 7 years, but then that died. The other was on the rebound from a shorter relationship. Both hoped - expected - to meet westerners for more than just one night stands.

For a while both went to the usual discos and pubs. After several months, they both just gave up. They told me they felt there was no interest in Asian guys unless they were in their early 20s - and certainly no interest in forming relationships. Now both are back in their home countries.

Had this just been one guy, I would have passed it off as something being wrong with his attitude or something like that. But I had known both these guys for several years before they left for the UK and I find it hard to believe that they simply could not find western boyfriends! So, I am curious. Is there a thing in the UK about Asians over 30 - even though they look younger? Or are there just very few westerners looking for relationships with Asians, however cute?

Nirishguy, you mention "a hot Thai guy," but that's just ONE.  In LOS, you have hundreds to choose from!!! And sleaze coming out of your...well, I'll let you choose the orifice.

Get your arse back to Thailand.  Come on, you know you want to!

Ha you have a point there, although actually there were MANY cute Asian guys knocking about all weekend which I was very pleasantly surprised about.

My biggest problem there is my forgetting where I am and walking up to them and starting the "hello, what your name, I not see you before here, you just come from your village, how long you work bar here now?" conversation, only for them to turn round and reply in a very broad Manchester accent " actually I'm from Burnley mate and i dint work I'm just down with mates for the weekend, so where are you from as your English is so strange ?" - very disconcerting !!! Lol

And as for getting my arse back to LOS - I depart on the 9th of April for 2 1/2 weeks to Bkk and Pattaya respectively for some wet and wild Songkran fun ( and I might play with some water too while I'm there he he), see, who says I'm not a well balanced individual, I'm an equal opportunities shagger, I believe in sharing it around !!! Lol

Guest scottishguy

9th April?

What was all that you were saying less than a month ago - about Thailand getting too expensive etc etc LOL.

That didn't last long did it?

No self-control, none at all  :p

It IS getting too expensive, that's for sure - but there is a method to my madness in that I figure if I go NOW ( which because of work / time limitations can only be for about two weeks) then that will "do me" for a while and I'll not be tempted to spend maybe a month there in July and so will maybe then head off somewhere else such as the Philippines or Bali or somewhere or maybe even STAY HOME ! - or at least and what is more likely to happen just spend less time there.

And honestly whilst I'm glad to be getting away (anywhere) for a break I'm not all that excited about going if truth be told as on my last two trips I was starting to get a bit bored with the same same all the time ( and yes I know that's my fault and there is loads to do and I just don't) so it will be interesting to see just how I fare this time - which again is half the reason I'm going now as with Songkran one is always guaranteed a bit of a laugh and a party atmosphere if nothing else and not just sitting in Sunee Plaza watching the same couple of dozen boys talk oul nonsense to the same dozen farang every night.

And as for the no self control thing - guilty as charged !!

I hope you actually get to the Philippines, as I'd like to go there myself.  I just need someone to go there first and check it out, and then post a report,

I've been to Bali heaps of time - I often go up there with mates for the weekend - it's closer than Sydney and has some GREAT restaurants.  But the gay scene isn't much to write home about.

I've had a few encounters on Kuta Beach after dark.  All you need to do is wander along by yourself and someone will accost you.  "You want sucky-sucky?" You don't need to go of to a hotel room - you can do it in the dark on the beach under a coconut tree.

Once I met a group of guys hanging around on the beach waiting for customers.I asked which guy had the biggest cock and I went with him back to his "village" - a short walk from the beach.  We went into a small tin shed and he gave me a fantastic blowjob.  It cost around $20.  Nice boy, nice body and nice cock. But there are also lots of guys who are..er..under-endowered, shall we say.  Not a match for an Isaan boy, that's for sure!

And sure, Thailand is definitely getting more expensive, but hey! you can't take it with you!

Guest scottishguy

You can't take it with you right enough - but my idea is to hold on to some of it before it disappears completely!!

I've been to Bali heaps of time ...........  But the gay scene isn't much to write home about.

???  We must have gone to different parts of Bali then as when in Syminyak I literally had trouble keeping up ( and that's saying something) and I'd some great nights at the ( admittedly few) gay bars - but the craic was brilliant every night in the bars that were there and I was kept busy morning, noon and night with as much action as I could handle !   

We went into a small tin shed and ...........

Ahhhh and they say romance is dead !    lol

I asked which guy had the biggest cock and I went with him back to his "village" - a short walk from the beach.  We went into a small tin shed and he gave me a fantastic blowjob.  It cost around $20.  Nice boy, nice body and nice cock.

Why do you need a guy with a big cock to give you a blowjob?

Back to the original subject: That might work for some, but not for me. I am not interested in European (sexually), and my only two hook-ups in Paris (sauna Sun City) were with a Chinese and a Thai. But given the percentage population of Asians in Europe, it's pointless. Even in Thailand I have some difficulty hooking up, that's why I still go to areas of gay prostitution.

NIrishGuy, could you share your plans for Songkran? This will be my first Songkran I am still not sure where to go (how to balance Bangkok and Pattaya).

Ha ha share my plans eh.......wow if there's every going to be a post which so clearly highlights the differences in our two ways of living Christian this will be it :-) as my plans quite simply currently encompass two things - drinking and fucking - but not necessarily in that order ( see, who say's I'm a slave to things being in their natural order) lol

But to try at least to "seriously" answer your question whilst the above isn't far off the mark as I generally don't tend to plan to much ahead my general plan will be to arrive in Bkk on Thursday 11th I think speanding the weekend there for Songkran itself ( which as I'm sure you know is the weekend and up to the Monday 15th I belive etc) then on either the Tuesday if I feel like it or more likely the Wednesday on the 17th or so head up to Pattaya remaining there until the 23rd or so - where in each place I'll do the usual round of catching up with friends and fuck buddies (and finding a few new one hopefully) and on the main songkran days either meet up with friends or take one or a few off and take them out for day / night the main songkran day/s activities themselves as it's better fun in a crowd I think ( but not essential). I suggest you maybe head to Koh San Road area to at some point where the crack as we say here in Ireland is 90 ! ( that means it's very good !) as it s ram packed with people all out for a good time with their water guns, day and night and there's a nice daytime (family) atmosphere.

Also the main road area outside DJ etc ( sorry I'm having a mental blank re the name just now) is also great as they close off the road to traffic (or at least try to) and it turns into one massive street party all night with people playing with water from early until late and music blaring from the backs of the many trucks that turn up filled with guys and girls ( and more water) and PA sound systems blasting giving a real party atmosphere everywhere - but all in all my general advice ( which I know you'll find alien to you) is try not to plan to much as the whole place ( in those areas anyway) is THAT busy and mental that no matter what your best laid plans are they probably won't happen anyway as you just end up getting sucked into the mad fun somewhere else ( like the water fights in Soi twilight which are also great fun too :-) 

Likewise with Pattaya, although I found it a bit more tiresome as unlike Bkk where there was a fairly obvious set two or three days of "water fun" Pattaya's fun dragged on for WAY to long perhaps ( or maybe I was just a bit sick of it all by then) but in general the same rules apply.  And don't perhaps worry about trying to be anywhere or plan anything at a set time etc as the day/s seem to take on a life of their own but certainly down by the sea front both in the city and in Jomtien on the main day itself were great fun with parties everywhere with food stalls the lenght of the road and live music, PA trucks and hot guys running about for what seemed like forever  - so I'm sure you'll not be bored.

I have no doubt of course that on reading this you'll be horrified at my lack of planning :-) and after the event you will be able to give me a run down of what I COULD have been doing and what I missed out on - not to mention how much it all cost :-)  but each to their own I guess and I hope / I have no doubt you will enjoy yourself no matter what you decide to do / get up to and I'm looking forward to reading your report already  - and in case you ask where was mine, just remember you've already had it  - drinking and fucking, I need say more.

Oh and as for your stated apparent difficulty hooking up - I'm quite concerned about that, so I think I need to take you out and study your technique to see can we not improve your hit rate somewhat  - although I have to warn you to loosen you / your Thai friends up my counselling tips may consist of your having to purchase (and consume) quite alot of alcohol - both for the boy of your dreams - and more importantly ME !  lol        

Guest scottishguy

I'm having some difficulty with this idea of Christian buying lots of booze, even if it leads to hanky-panky, or even rumpy-pumpy!!

Nirishguy wrote:

We must have gone to different parts of Bali then as when in Syminyak I literally had trouble keeping up ( and that's saying something) and I'd some great nights at the ( admittedly few) gay bars -

I was talking about Kuta. Seminyak is now Bali's gay area.  I never cruised that area, as I know too many Aussies there and would hate to be spotted in a gay area.  Heaven forbid! But the restaurants are good, although hugely over-priced.

Christian wrote:

Why do you need a guy with a big cock to give you a blowjob?

Because I was busy at the other end.