TotallyOz

Amanda Knox

I presume Ms. Knox won't voluntarily go back to Italy for a re-trial and that Italy will formally request her presence under the extradition treaty Italy and the US have signed.  And that will be fairly interesting how that all works out.  I've read already that the argument (faulty as it may be) is that the US won't extradite her as doing so would violate our constitutional provision of double jeopardy; however, that's legally illogical for multiple reasons (the main one being is that "double jeopardy" would only attach to prevent a second trial if a defendant was found "not guilty"). 

As for Mr. Polansky, I firmly believe that somebody paid somebody off to prevent his extradition as there was no legal basis to deny it.  He got a light sentence for molesting a kid in the first place and I've been rather disappointed that the French (and others) embraced him rather than giving him the shunning that he deserved.