TotallyOz

You mean Praying to take the gay away doesn't work?

Judge for yourself.

I can't be bothered. I'm afraid 'yawn' and boring come to mind. Whilst I agree they are quite pleasant to look at, in a bland vanilla kind of way, I have no wish to go a stage farther and actually listen to whatever noise it is they produce. If any of them can sing really well and those that play their own instruments do so skillfully, then all well and good (I still wouldn't be interested though!), but I suspect those teenage years when any wannabe pop musician ought to be practicing is instead spent in front of the mirror preening and primping "OMG, look at my nose, is the tip prominent enough? is my jaw jutting at the right angle? oh no, look at the state of my eyelids, damn and blast! I need another 'augmentation'!!"

Sad

But if even one boy band makes even one person happy it's gotta be worth it, right?

Guest fountainhall

I don't know that I am the one with the "new interests" problem 

On the basis of your posts, you certainly have a major problem! You don't even have a life! What do you do with your life, bkkguy? How often do you leave these shores to travel and see the world (apart from Australia where you told us you come from)? Which countries in Asia have you explored? What are your interests outside negative posting? Or do you just spend your time in the bars like some other expats?

You make no interesting new contributions to this Board. You make no valuable addition to discussions. (Sorry, I remember one about the difference between iPhones and Android phones - that was quite interesting). For the most part, though, you sit around waiting only to make boring (yes, I'll use it again) antagonistic interventions.

Your idea of fun, bkkguy, seems to be name-calling and putting down posters who do contribute in many ways to this Board. If that's how you get your rocks off, go and start your own Board. Or don't you have the guts for that? As mentioned, the Pattaybitchboard spends most of its time trashing all the gay thailand Boards. That would seems to be the natural home for you.

I'm going to try and play the part of 'good' cop to FH's Mr Nasty (well he's not really nasty at all, just saying what we are all thinking!).

I'll set Bkk Guy a fairly easy challenge. He commented on the inundation of so-called advertorials (which are coming through thick and fast as I write this). If you're not too impressed by them, why not tell us in your own words about some of the places you've been that might appeal to readers of this Forum? It doesn't have to be Bkk, could be anywhere in Thailand or places farther afield. Maybe a trip report (are you a keen photographer?) or an item in the Beer Bar. Anything that catches your eye. The Beer Bar is your oyster Bkk Guy. Let us know your impressions of Korean boy bands or anything yucky you've eaten lately. It's dead easy honest. Abang has said more in his brief membership of this Message Board than you have in almost 350 posts. Why not mark your 350th with a sea change?

Dialogue with some people is a total waste of time, so don't attempt it.

1 Click on your username in the top right corner.

2 Click "My Settings"

3 Click "Ignore preferences"

4 Type in the name of the user you're wasting your time communicating with. Tick all the options

Add all the other likely candidates. Job done.

Nice photos from the Harbin ice festival.

Guest fountainhall

so-called advertorials (which are coming through thick and fast as I write this)

I may be wrong, but I expect these are here for update and comments prior to being moved to the Home pages which have most of the more commercial info.

Guest fountainhall

I don't need to spend hours collecting copies of your posts on this forum as part of a childish compulsive desire to discredit you

Why should it discredit anyone? The use of "childish compulsive" is merely another pathetic attempt at a put down - as were your "childish" comments earlier about two other posters, Michael and thaiworthy.

But then you fail to remember that if you make posts. they stand as part of the public record I (unless posts have been withdrawn for some reason - often, as you will certainly recall, when one member lies about another). And other posters have all too frequently made comments about you which are, shall we say, less than flattering. If you are concerned about how anyone might look at them in the future, the clear answer surely is 'don't post', is it not? Oops, I forgot. You have already told us you don't give a damn about what other posters think about you! 

Whilst on the subject of past posts, an occasional read back can reveal some that are exceedingly amusing. Indeed, you made several rather relevant to the topic of this thread about the possibility of being seen to be gay and in what situations that might occur. In one thread about photos taken on Dongtan Beach, you stressed the harm - HARM? - that might come to the young guys in the photos -

‘bkkguy’, on 05 January 2012 - 22:05, said:

don't ask me about the harm - ask the guys who tell their parents they are waiters at restaurants in Pattaya then are photographed at the gay beach on a site like this!

Well, what a surprise! To even think that a mama would spend her days pouring over the internet searching gay sites, including this gaythailand site - a site which requires one to take out membership before most photos can even be seen - and then run a google search to check that Dongtan Beach has a tiny gay section, and then notice that a back or side view of a person is in fact her son who she thought was a waiter - without there being any sign on his back or other indication in the photos that he was gay etc. etc. was ridiculed by other posters. Some had In fact quite harsh words for that non-argument -

on 05 Jan 2012 – 21:36

Unless you go into improbable contortions, I doubt you can show where any harm was caused by the posting of these pictures. No harm no crime . . . I do hope you are for real and not just some jerk looking to start fights

on 05 Jan 2012 – 21:49

Some of the photos also include a male and female farang who were caught up in the photos. By bkkguy's logic, their permission is also necessary before the picture can be posted. And don't forget to obtain permission from the marine police officer in the boat in the background of one of the pictures. Next time, just swim out and ask him it it's ok.

06 January 2012 - 00:06

If one cannot distinguish between photos in public settings versus private settings, there's no sense even discussing the issue.

on 05 Jan 2012 – 21:58

Now I know you are just a jerk looking to start fights . . . I have no time for crap and I sense that is exactly what you are about.

But I am not making any of this this up. For these are your very words - 

‘bkkguy’, on 06 January 2012 - 07:23, said:

this web site is called www.gaythailand.com, a quick Google search on dongtan gay beach returns more than 300,000 results in 40 seconds and you seriously expect me to accept that it is only because of my "fertile imagination" and my irresponsible use of the the term "gay beach" that there is any prospect of anyone who stumbles on these photos may in any way associate these guys with the gay scene here?

So suddenly it was no longer just mamas but anyone, anywhere. When you are caught on grindr, you are almost certainly searching out some sort of sexual liaison, I believe. Playing on a small part of a very long beach with friends similarly identifies you - at least as being gay? Well, you said it! In the words of the other poster - "crap!"

Rogie, on 10 Feb 2013 - 02:52, said:

Why not mark your 350th with a sea change?

Great idea! I suspect, though, it will require a planetary realignment  :rofl:

Guest abang1961

Really regardless of who did it right or who was wrong, let bygones by bygones..

We are all individuals and we are entitled to our opinions.

Whether I like what others say about me or not, it is just their side of the story.

I am the master of my own universe and I am seriously not bothered by any form of negativity.

To show that no one is better than the other, I've enclosed one of my earlier favourites from Sunset Boulevard.

Everyone has his/her prime... accept that it can be over quickly

Glenn Close as Norma ... I wont say she sang well but look at those eyes... (jump to 2.40...)

Guest fountainhall

Good thoughts abang1961 and a splendid performance by Glenn Close. Perhaps not the most ideal example, though, of good will to all men - or women, as in this case - given that Lloyd Webber ended up firing both Patti Lupone and Faye Dunaway before he could open "Sunset Boulevard" on Broadway!! Glenn Close must have seemed a saviour.

Lupone was paid $1 million to buy out her contract. On hiring Dunaway, Lloyd Webber had said, "What the part calls for is a great dramatic actress who can sing - and you're it." Sadly "it" did not last long. A few weeks later before opening night, Dunaway was fired. "Great embarrassment could have occurred... It would have been very unfair to put you through this situation," Lloyd Webber told Dunaway in a letter - the implication being that despite his earlier conviction that Dunaway could sing the part, the fact was he made a mistake.  She then took Lloyd Webber to court seeking $6 million damages. Rumour has it she was awarded $1.5 million. "Yet another capricious act by a capricious man,'' is how she described his action. Little wonder the show's investors never saw all their money back.

But musically I still prefer Streisand's version of that song on her "Back to Broadway" album.

On the basis of your posts, you certainly have a major problem! You don't even have a life! What do you do with your life, bkkguy? How often do you leave these shores to travel and see the world (apart from Australia where you told us you come from)? Which countries in Asia have you explored? What are your interests outside negative posting? Or do you just spend your time in the bars like some other expats?

given your attitude why should I bother responding? if I come up with a list with 2 more countries than you have been to you will change your attitude?

Your idea of fun, bkkguy, seems to be name-calling and putting down posters

something that you would never revert to! oh wait didn't you just say "you certainly have a major problem! You don't even have a life!", "You make no interesting new contributions to this Board", "you sit around waiting only to make boring antagonistic interventions"

do you need a link to that post?

If that's how you get your rocks off, go and start your own Board. Or don't you have the guts for

that?

I have owned and managed or moderated many discussion forums - some for more than 10 years, so I have the guts! do you?

bkkguy

Why not mark your 350th with a sea change?

I actively participate in quite a few forums every day on news, current affairs, technical issues, thailand, etc. I read here to see if there is anything new in Gay Thailand or other topics I might have missed but there rarely is and if there is there is usually nobody here worth discussing it with - to keep it specific to this thread I responded to abang1961's comment and the best he can come back with is another biblical quote and a meaningless youtube video, jovianmoon called me on a "straw man" argument then disappeared and fountainhall et al were so predictable as to be not worth responding too!

you want interesting discussion - get some interesting people involved here!  or I suppose eventually I may get to the desperate level of drooling over pics of bums in tight speedos and feel quite at home here!

bkkguy

Guest fountainhall

if I come up with a list with 2 more countries than you have been to you will change your attitude?

Well, it would be a start, wouldn't it? So how many is it?

I have owned and managed or moderated many discussion forums - some for more than 10 years

Now that I do find interesting. Come to think of it, after looking through the various websites that I know of, I have indeed noticed some posting similarities. Not sure about ownership but one involved with cruising and sometimes of sex springs to mind. Something moderately iconic, perhaps?

I actively participate in quite a few forums every day on news, current affairs, technical issues, thailand, etc.

Funny that I can find nothing under your handle about Thailand news or current affairs - and there is plenty of that discussed in the Beer Bar. I agree that you have provided some posts on technical issues that I have certainly read and, on one specific issue, been grateful for. 

there is usually nobody here worth discussing it with

The very obvious response to that little nugget is - given your oft expressed disgust for this Forum and its members, why on earth bother posting anything at all? Oh! I forgot! Because you in your wisdom need to keep those who do post here on their toes, as it were - to start waving red flags when you see "crap". So you are thus the self-appointed, intolerant ("tolerance has never been one of my strong points") crap-shooter!

or I suppose eventually I may get to the desperate level of drooling over pics of bums in tight speedos and feel quite at home here!

Given all your other interests and the Forums you contribute to, why would such an active poster ever get so "desperate" as to having to "drool" over anything? 

you want interesting discussion - get some interesting people involved here! 

That was your 350th post Bkkguy! Quite a good one. That, and the one in which you responded to some of Fountainhall's points told us more about you.

What's nagging me is my doubt that you yourself are interesting. You say we (contributors to this Message Board) aren't. Unless you can suddenly up the interesting stakes and raise your game I feel you will remain uninteresting Bkkguy. At least to us. Maybe there are folks out in the wide blue yonder who yearn for you. Maybe you want to be a bit like our old friend LMTU / Heygay “Call me controversial, but never call me boring”. It's no use me disputing your assertion we're not interesting as, unless you are being deliberately provocative, if you say we aren't then in your mind that must be so. If you don't find us interesting and we don't find you interesting we are going to have to agree to disagree. I fear that brings me back to something that's been suggested by others which is you kindly refrain from upsetting us (as we seem to upset you). No more upset tummies please . . .  in the meantime, could someone pass the rennies . . . ?

The first pic is by far the most appealing. Boy #4 (4th from the left) was obviously caught napping as he hasn't managed to extricate himself. Boy #6 looks like he's got a teatowel in his hands. Those misgivings are nothing compared to the second photo in which, judging by their hair, they've all seen a ghost.

Are they Korean?

I wonder how many boy bands there are in Korea! That age-old question boys are asked by their elders "what do you want to be when you grow up"? Answer: no surprises there if you're Korean! Another thing, what happens when the boys in the band get over the hill, is there a special scrapheap devoted to them, landfill or whatever?

Rogie's rule of thumb:

Number of boy bands in any country is proportional to how cute the average boy is

Guest fountainhall

The Boy Band craze started many years ago, first in Japan when they started hogging the limelight in TV shows and pubescent teenagers discovered idols close to their own ages they could lust after. Taiwan and Korea followed suit, but it was in Korea that they found their largest following.

Almost impossible to say how many there are now in existence. Some, like Super Junior, have been around since 2006. Originally formed with 12 members, that has now been whittled down to 9, all from the original group and so all are now in their 20s - some late 20s (shock! horror!). But generally the groups arrive and disappear more or less like butterflies. Here's what one blogger wrote last summer - 

What’s up with the recent explosion of new, young k-boy bands? The glitter hasn’t even settled on the faces of the previous ones before another comeback turns the old one into a sideshow . . . It’s getting ridiculous, people. I can’t keep track of them all

http://kimchiaz.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/the-theres-way-too-many-young-k-pop-boy-bands-right-now-guide/

Some may remember Rain, the hugely popular dancer who became a singer and actor and who 10 years ago was as cute as a button. In some ways, he could be said to have started the K-Pop revolution. Do you remember his appearance in the "Korea Sparkling" series of tourist promotion ads? One version he shot was "Korea Sparkling - just like me!"

Because you in your wisdom need to keep those who do post here on their toes, as it were - to start waving red flags when you see "crap". So you are thus the self-appointed, intolerant ("tolerance has never been one of my strong points") crap-shooter!

sounds good to me - where do I pick up the official badge?

and seeing as we have moved so far off-topic for this thread I will leave you in suspense on the other items but trust me - most of these are not forums that I think you would know!

and Rogie if you are not going to put me on ignore I would suggest some Slippery Elm rather than Rennie Ice/Spearmint/Peppermint/Sugar-free or any of their other "delightful" flavours

bkkguy

Guest fountainhall

Honorary membership of the pattayabitchboard? 

Well, surprise! This Board whose members seem to have nothing to do but read other Boards and then post childish pathetic drivel, and whose same membership seems to consist largely of those banned from those same Boards, now appears to be readable only by its own members. And membership is not open to all. It is by invitation only. So all the bitching will be private in future. Can't imagine that will please its current members! 

Well, surprise! This Board whose members seem to have nothing to do but read other Boards and then post childish pathetic drivel, and whose same membership seems to consist largely of those banned from those same Boards, now appears to be readable only by its own members. And membership is not open to all. It is by invitation only. So all the bitching will be private in future. Can't imagine that will please its current members!

LOL Again? I thought they did this once before and then closed and reopened?

Guest fountainhall

If memory serves me correctly, they did close due to a spat between the owner and the technical guy who ran it - over censorship, can you believe? :yahoo: There was then a big-time falling out and the Board split into two - the BB side with seemingly no censorship run by the original owner and a new Gay Thailand Forum run by the censorious tech. But according to the visitor counter, the BB never got more than around 30 hits a day, and for weeks now there has been a note that the Forum is off-air till April! Well now it seems the BB is all but off-the-air as only those invited to join can take part in their . . . discussions!

On my occasional visits, it was hilarious to see what they were coming out with. Apparently, one poster decided I was involved in the split between the two factions of that Board, another that I actually own the Gay Forum part, another that I run Gay Ting Tong, and yet another that thaiworthy and I are one and the same person! Since we had coffee only the other day, presumably I enjoyed that coffee with myself!  :good: Sorry thaiworthy, you cannot comment on that as you were not there.  :shok:  

Well, in true and trusted journalistic jargon, I will neither confirm nor deny such scurrilous rumours. My alter-egos are entirely my business and what I get up to in my own time is also entirely my business. Goodness, I can already hear the gnashing of teeth and the rattling of cages over there!

Actually, as those who know me will no doubt confirm (or deny), I have actually lived in Pattaya for more than a decade and have recently been running a rather popular restaurant. Funny how people put 2 and 2 together and come up with 69½!  :yahoo: