TotallyOz

Cooking with a Pressure Cooker

As for cornbread, that doesn't sound like something you can cook in a P/C. Can you make it in a bread machine?

I just checked my bread machine book and cornbread's there under 'cake recipes'. I don't have all the ingredients so it'll be a while before I can have a go.

The beer-cheese bread recipe Michael posted some while ago sounded good. There's a recipe for 'boozy cake' that uses stout (dark malty beer) but it's more like a fruit cake.

Giddyup, I see it's America's favorite, so that can be the yardstick against which I shall strive.

My recipe uses buttermilk, fine cornmeal or polenta, plain flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, butter, and salt.

I suspect Jiffy will prove a better breed than any I can s(n)ort.

We made the vegetable chili recipe I gave earlier in this thread. The boys loved it and thought it tasted great except next time,they want a bit more chili powder. :)

It did turn our delicious and we make a double dose to have some for freezer for the next week.

Yummy!

VeggieChili2.jpg

VegetableChili1.jpg