firecat69

BoysTown Tonight

So I have been in Pattaya for 4 days and slowly recovering from the flights which seems to take me longer the older I get.  Last four days I have ordered in my boys either from my past list or new from GayRomeo.

So tonight I braved the High SEason Traffic and took the baht bus around 840pm. It was a slow trudge but I arrived finally to ToyBoys at 905pm. 

When I entered there were about 15 boys and 4 customers and when I left at 10pm there were 35-40 boys and 15 customers. Boys were still arriving.

I can honestly say it has been years since I would have been happy with any of the boys.  

There was a variety from small to Gymnast type bodies with the majority being swimmers type. However I am first a Face person and there was not a single boy I found unattractive.  Naturally IMHO  I did pay an off for a boy to come the next day at 6pm.

From there I went to Funny Boys which IMHO has been the best GoGo Bar for years. And they were good tonight , just not quite as good.  Not what I would call a gymnast worked out bodies and a few faces that were not my preference.

But definitely a lot of boys I would be happy with.

Now it was on to XBoys Land for the XXX show.  I have seen this show 3 times in the past and it has always been a little different.  Tonight it seemed to me that it has gone much more XXX and no pretense of anything else.  The show finished with the BBoys which I have to admit is getting a little old. Someone on another board reported some naked BBoys but that was not on tap tonight.

That was enough for me home at midnight and planning to wake up at 8am where the Catholics vanquish the Red Necks from Alabama.  Just kidding!!

Guest fountainhall

Thanks for the information. Were the bars packed when you visited? And is the make-up of visitors still mostly western/caucasian? I only ask because in BKK many more Asians are now to be seen in the go-go bars.

Guest Jovianmoon
...is the make-up of visitors still mostly western/caucasian? I only ask because in BKK many more Asians are now to be seen in the go-go bars.

Not criticising here FH, but I have to ask: why does that matter? Just curious.

Guest fountainhall

It doesn't matter in the least! Like you, I am merely curious.

There has been talk on other threads about the increase in the number of Russians and Arabs in Pattaya, and a decline in tourists from the west. Some have expressed concern that places like Sunee Plaza will die sooner rather than later unless there is more effort to attract tourists from non-western countries. Here in some of the bars in BKK the increase in visitors from Japan, Korea etc. is quite pronounced. I just wonder if there is any notable change in the make-up in Pattaya.

Guest Jovianmoon

Fair enough. Like I said, I was just curious and I suspected you have had similar notions about the clientele as myself - perhaps, perhaps not.

Last time I was in Soi Duangthawee I noticed that Boys Bangkok in particular had a majority of East Asian (read: likely Chinese) tourists. Nothing wrong with that in itself, and if said tourists were actually gay they would be most welcome. But what I actually noticed was a plethora of heterosexual couples who seemed to be there for the 'freakshow' value. We've all seen such people: prancing up and down Soi Duangthawee and Silom Soi 4 with looks on their faces which say "Look at all the homos! Now then, where next?"

I'm just sayin', ya know?

Cheers.

Bangkok attracts the tourists. Pattaya bars tend to attract the local expats. I have seen tourists in the bars but not to the extent of the bars in Bangkok. Plus, the bars in Pattaya are reasonable with regards to prices and off fees. For me, I love the bars and go often in Pattaya but I hate to feel the bar is fucking me before I get the boy in my bed. With drink prices near the price of drinks in a hot NYC disco and off fees sky high as well, IMHO the bars in Bangkok are not really looking to service the gringos. They are looking to take care of the Asian tourists who have money to spend looking at a show and buying drinks.

Guest Jovianmoon
IMHO the bars in Bangkok are not really looking to service the gringos. They are looking to take care of the Asian tourists who have money to spend looking at a show and buying drinks.

Yes, that seems to be the case more and more...

Here in some of the bars in BKK the increase in visitors from Japan, Korea etc. is quite pronounced. I just wonder if there is any notable change in the make-up in Pattaya.

I was in Copa (Boyztown)on New Years eve and there was a very clear majority of Asian customers on the front 2 rows.  Some were definitely Chinese (a colleague tried to date one), some were definitely Japanese & I suspect some may have been Thai. Obviously that's a show bar.

I also spotted a few more Asian customers than previous years in Bars like Funny Boys.

I welcome this trend. They seem to behave comparatively well and it's better that someone keeps the bars open. 

As  western currencies decline in value on the back of huge debts and irresponsible money printing, the proportion of western tourists will decrease. 

As  western currencies decline in value on the back of huge debts and irresponsible money printing, the proportion of western tourists will decrease. 

I have seen the decline of Western tourists for several years in both Thailand and Brazil. For Brazil, it is the great economy and the high prices of the hotels. I just recently book a stay in Rio for 2 weeks and the average hotel rate was over 700 USD for the nicer hotels. I had to use my points for the stay.

In Thailand, you can still get a great deal on hotels, etc. but the US economy is still hurting travel to most places. I do not see 2013 as any better in this regard.

Guest thaiworthy
700 usd for two weeks or per night ?? if its per week its good if per night im indoors again.

Yes, that's what I thought, too. And as stated elsewhere, it is not uncommon for Michael to spend 200 days a year traveling. I would love to know the size of your travel budget, Michael. :shok:

It is per night.  That is what things cost in Brazil for nice Hotels.  You are either rich or stay in apartments or stay away.

If you travel a lot it is the place to use your points for value.  I checked on my Hilton website and found many nights that were over $500 per night but the standard point level was available.

So same number of points for a $100 room in Dallas or $500 per night in SaPaulo, Brazil.   Why we save the points to use in the right places.

So last night I headed to Sunee to see the state of business there especially in the GoGo Bars.

Arrived around 10pm and some of the Beer Bars were fairly busy but just as many were empty or near empty. Certainly not what I would expect in High season.

First stop was City Boys which was formerly Jimmy Jimmy James and a very popular bar it used to be. Tonight it had 5 boys on stage all younger and skinny and 2 customers. A total Bore!

Next was to be Eros but they had some sort of video shoot or something going on and did not seem to be open for customers or at least the doormen were not trying to find any.

Talked with a few people at Beer Bars and then entered Krazy Dragon around 11pm.  2 Boys and one customer although he might have been the owner. A Disaster I did not stay.

Next Mic My.  They had 2 boys and no customers.  On to Nice Boys. They had 16 boys and about a dozen customers.  Not as busy as usual but a decent mix of boys and activity.

I was beginning to think maybe I missed a Holiday or a concert which was the reason for the slowness.

So on the way home I stopped at ToyBoys at midnight.   32 Boys of all types and 22 customers.  FunnyBoys had 20 boys and a dozen customers.  Plenty of boys and customers.

So the morale of this story is go to Sunee if you want cheap drinks and decent food and conversation.

If you want GoGo Boys your time will be much better spent in BoysTown.

You will pay a little more for your drinks, 160 baht instead of 130 baht.  Xboys because of the.show you will pay 180 and 200 baht.

But if you are looking for a companion or just like to look at boys in skimpy underwear etc., your choice is clear at least IMHO.

Guest fountainhall

I remember reading some posts on another Forum forum by the new owner of Krazy Dragon. Seems they have changed the format and the table dancing with loose shorts is out. Did you get the impression this may account for the lack of boys there? I would doubt most of their boys had been offed by 11:00. 

That would be impossible.  Krazy Dragon had been a dying bar for quite some time and at least from what I saw last night new ownership has not been able to revive it.

It is a Big place and needs a lot of boys.  Despite what many think boys can be quite selective on where they work. The main thing they want is customers. Its the old  "What came first the chicken or the Egg"

Since the old day of Kaos etc , Sunee has become predominately a Beer Bar location and the only really successful GoGo Bar has been Nice Boys.  Since the police have driven out most of the underage Bars and they continue to raid Sunee for drug users , the customer base has dwindled.

In the old days it would never have happened where a Sunee GoGo boy left and went to work in BoysTown.

But now some of the boys have found out BoysTown is where the tips and the offs are and they are slowly looking for greener pastures.

I agree the Boyztown gogo scene is clearly better now.  

Also, you still need to exercise care over the numbers on ID cards in at least 2 Sunee gogo bars.  In one case, the majority of them would be problematic. 

Really sad that Krazy Dragon is doing so poorly under new management.  I was blaming the former owners

for the failure of the bar but can now see that the problem lies elsewhere.  New boss was adamant about

his viewpoints and was sure he could make the bar work but since it is high season, one can only deduce he

was wrong and needs help.

Maybe the good old days are really gone for the gogo boybars in Sunee.

Guest timmberty

im not a fan of go go bars .. much prefer beer bars .. but having walked past the crazy dragon a few times .. even if i was a fan seeing the boys who wait outside id not be tempted to go in .. i prefer lean fit guys .. the ones ive seen there are to plump for my liking .

Guest joseph44

Great, in the time when KD was succesful it was a real gem in the Sunnee scene and now it is obviously a lot less, there is only one good gogo-bar.

OK, maybe the new management should put more effort in reviving KD, but that usually doesn't happen overnight.

Guest joseph44

And for money-boys' career.....a lot of boys start their career as bar-boy or freelance in Sunnee Plaza. Mostly because of the fact that they are underage or not experienced enough to deal with the "high" standards of BoyzTown.

On a regular base I notice boys on Boyztown that I saw earlier in Sunnee.

Guest Dad4youHH

Arabs in Boyztown : A thai friend, who works in a Boyztown GoGoBar told me this :

A man from Qatar wanted to off him. He asked: Only you want Sex ? And the Arab replied: yes, only me. When they arrived at his hotelroom 5 other arab men were waiting to have sex with him. He could escape ..

Another story : 4 arab men enter a gay bar, dont order drinks, but want a boy to come with them - for 500 (!) Baht all together.

In this bar arabs have to pay not only the take off-Fee, but also the Boys Tip in advance.

And arabs cannot take a boy outside. They have to use a room above the bar.

Arabs in Boyztown . . .

Reminds me of the old trick hitchhikers used. The pretty young woman stands by the side of the road and waits for a vehicle to stop. Once it's stopped one or more men appear out of the 'bushes' and hop in. The driver, unless he is particularly belligerent, had to admit it's a fait accompli.

And arabs cannot take a boy outside. They have to use a room above the bar.

I'm glad these bars learn their lessons and take action to protect their staff.

Also, much it's better to follow a policy of racial discrimination than screw it up for everyone.

In some countries, the PC attitudes would prevail and the business would have a difficult decision between not protecting their employees or compromising service for all customers. 

Mind you, I can recall some German bars insisting their Irish customers pay for their beer in advance, as too many of them just run off without paying at the end of the evening.  So perhaps there are other examples.