TotallyOz

Hillary Clinton's First 2016 Campaign Video?

Guest thaiworthy

I can't think of another politician in the US that I would rather have as our next President other than Hilary Clinton.

You can say that again, Bob. It would be a true landslide. I'd vote for her in a heartbeat. I hope she changes her mind.

I would love to see a woman in the White House. That way we wouldn't have to pay her as much. :lol:

She needs a rest and a break. She has been working 24/5/365 days per year and you can see the toll it has taken on her. She needs to rest and relax and enjoy life for 2 years. AND, then get in the race and kick ass!

Most say they are not interested in the job this far out but she is and she will run and she will win. I am already predicting it will be a landslide. :) LOL

Front page of NYT: Clinton Wins by Landslide

2 months later: Bill Clinton Appointed to Supreme Court

3 months later: Chelsea Clinton Appointed UN Ambassador.

4 years later: Clinton elected for 2nd Term

2 months later: Bill Clinton Appointed to Supreme Court

3 months later: Chelsea Clinton Appointed UN Ambassador.

Lol. Let's not go overboard. Mr. Bill would likely not survive the confirmation process and he very likely isn't qualified in the first place (being from Arkansas gets you nowhere).

I've seen an interview or two with Chelsea and have to say I was quite impressed; however, Hillary is very politically saavy and would never appoint any relative (with the exception, perhaps, of allowing husband Bill to act as special ambassador to some hot spot in the world).

You nasty nasty men. You are talking about the next World Dictators. You see, the Euro was a test for a Global currency and while not totally successful it is still going. In next few years, that will move beyond Europe and they will have a global currency and then we will need a world leader. Personally, I was rooting for Thaskin before but I think if Hillary and Bill share the power, they will do a great job.

Guest fountainhall

Sadly, by the time the world currency comes into being, all will be too old - or dead. But there is one strong man who is young enough to be in with a chance, one recently called "the sexiest man alive" (a spoof that one major newspaper actually fell for :o ). None other than the "Great Successor", the "Brilliant General" and "Outstanding Leader" - gentlemen and gentlemen, I give you - drum roll - Kim Jong Un. (Thankfully, I will be six feet underground by then!)

http://theweek.com/a...inese-newspaper

You see, the Euro was a test for a Global currency and while not totally successful it is still going.

If we (the US) can get in on that, we'll make it real popular (by printing trillions and trillions of them the first week). Being a government does have its percs.....if you run outta money, just print some more!

Guest magnolia

i gave my vote to president obama during the primaries in 2008, but i love hillary also, i hope she runs, and i think she will change her mind about it soon.

I've never been a Clinton fan of either sex, but owing to the poor quality in recent times of most would-be contenders for the POTUS, I have to admit to warming to Mrs Clinton.

Apologies to any Americans who object to my 'poor quality' comment - I am sure there are many good candidates, but the way elections (by which I mean the primaries) are organised seems to favour those possessed of brawn (i.e. loads-a-money) over brain.

No need for the apologies. As I yank, I think Bill Clinton is a damn good politician (which, frankly, isn't in my parlance a very nice thing to say); however, he's had some significant character lapses (it's inexcusable what he did to the 23-year-old intern who worked for him in the oval office but he should have been disbarred and impeached for later committing perjury over it). On the other hand, he was fairly warmly received overseas and at least started no wars. And, as president, he was lucky to have the great economic times we had then (not all of which was due to his policies, of course).

Hillary, in my opinion, has been an excellent Secretary of State and she has earned praise from all most who've come in contact with her (including many Republicans and even Henry Kissinger!). In the back of my mind, I have to admit that I was personally disappointed that she "stood by her man" when he embarrassed the hell out her and himself but I eventually realized that what path she chose was her own business and not anybody else's.

(it's inexcusable what he did to the 23-year-old intern who worked for him in the oval office but he should have been disbarred and impeached for later committing perjury over it).

Two consenting adults. A 23 year old can make her own choices and while he was the President, I do not think he abused his office in order to get some head.

Two consenting adults. A 23 year old can make her own choices and while he was the President, I do not think he abused his office in order to get some head.

When you're the boss (and President at that), I'd consider using that position to get some head from a young intern in the oval office an abuse of his office. however, getting some head from Monica certainly wasn't a "high crime and misdemeanor" rising to the level of an impeachable offense as defined in the constitution. The subsequent perjury, though, came close.

As a society, we are so uptight with sex. I hate it. I don't see any issue with Bill having sex with an intern or anyone else. Look, he was the President. He has power over all Americans if he wanted it. That should not stop him from enjoying sex and life. IMHO

If all the Lewinsky matter involved was two consenting adults having sex, I fully agree with you and the incident wouldn't have mattered (hopefully) to most Americans. But you're unfortunately skipping the only critical parts - this was a workplace incident (and the Oval Office itself) involving an intern by her boss.

(I hope our sidetrack discussion on this topic isn't seen as sullying the Secretary of State who we both admire.)

Guest thaiworthy

What about JFK and Marilyn Monroe? Yet, he was a good President. Do we overlook this because he was asassinated and have sympathy over the Kennedy tragedies? How is Kennedy different from Clinton?

I think the Clinton debacle created sympathy for the First Lady and helped pave her road leading to the White House.

I think the Clinton debacle created sympathy for the First Lady and helped pave her road leading to the White House.

I could be wrong, as there's bound to be exceptions, but aren't First Ladies always given the respect their position warrants/deserves? And provided they don't meddle, and are seen to be 'above politics', smile serenely and are seen to support their husband, they'll generally be liked by the American public. So a First Lady who's 'likeable' in the first place is going to win a lot of sympathy when her normal role as the President's loyal wife is seriously tested and stretched by her husband's behaviour.

I think Mrs Clinton will inevitably attract a lot of support over and above what a man in her position would, simply because she's a woman and everyone knows the US will elect a female President at some stage in the future, but who knows, if she's not going to be it, there's no law that says gender equality means it has to be a woman's turn - thus if Mrs Clinton decides not to run it could be decades before another woman manages to become a serious contender. On the other hand if she does decide to run I bet many will vote for her for the novelty value, so they can tell future generations in their family "I voted for the first woman President", just as quite likely they'll also be able to say "I voted for Barack Obama, America's first black President".

Out of topic here..

Wasnt there a bar in Pattaya by the name of Lewinsky?

Is it still there?

Sigh, why aint I in Pattaya?

Sigh, why aint I showing my butt in Pattaya?

Any invitiations?