Guest fountainhall

The Best Bond Movie of All - Says . . . . .

Guest fountainhall

The latest Bond movie has come in for heaps of praise as arguably the best Bond movie ever. One newspaper has gone all wobbly with its delirious coverage, lauding its exotic locations, extremely beautiful Bond girls, femmes fatales, luxury villas and essential vodka martinis. In one of no less than five articles dripping with enthusiasm, it states –

“Skyfall does not disappoint. The 23rd Bond film is one of the best in the longest cinematic story of all time," it states, adding the film "does not lack any of the classic ingredients which have made James Bond a legend – the title credits song, adrenalin pumping action, amazing hyper-realistic chases, exotic locations, extremely beautiful Bond girls, the usual super villain and the essential vodka martini."

Nothing very unusual about all that, you’d think. Except – the paper also has articles about the 500th anniversary of the Sistine Chapel, the appointment of new bishops in Peru and the Philippines, and the “welcome” news that catholic numbers are rising in Ireland.

For this paper is none other than L’Osservatore Romano, the official mouthpiece of the Catholic Church! What on earth are all those celibate priests going to make of it!

http://www.guardian....mes-bond-review

After the opening sequence, the film isn't that great. It also IS lacking in classic Bond ingredients, such as gadgets, action and the positive upbeat ending. Even the humour is toned down.

A high quality UK newspaper gave it 3 out of 5, which is about fair.

Two other things about the movie. One, Daniel Craig is closer to the character I always imagined when I read the series, more years ago then I wish to remember, then the other actors who have played the roll. I truly think he is the best bond yet. Two, my favorite singer Adele, has produced a very poor song. If she wrote it she should be ashamed.

Few things get better with age. Like good wine and in this latest incarnation, Bond... James Bond 007. Superman. Super Hero. Super Handsome.

You learn more about his life and history and IMHO get a view of his vulnerabilities in this movie. I was disappointed in the lack of gadgets but it was still a very very good Bond movie. It was a bit slow for me for an hour and then picked up. I loved the last 30 and the final scene. Looking forward to the next one.

Guest jimnbkk

I thought that the Bond film immediately previous to this one was very poor because of all the cinematic gadgetry employed in it. There was some of that in this film, but not nearly as much. This was a "fun watch" I thought. Unfortunately, Daniel Craig reminds me too much of Mr. Putin of Russia, which takes away a bit from the enjoyment for me. I am a Sean Connery fan too.

I'm looking forward to the next film with the new MI 6 personalities introduced in this film.