firecat69

Bangkok to end my 30 days in Thailand.

Arrived in Bangkok yesterday and what a welcome change in many ways. I lived in BKK 2009-2011 and then this year returned to my 4 trips a year of 1 month each.

If I was to live full time again in Thailand I would definitely choose Bangkok. But for 1 month trips I have become comfortable with 3 weeks in Pattaya followed by 1 week in Bangkok and once in awhile a few days in Chiang Mai.

I arrived at my hotel Grande Centere Point on Ratchadamri which is 300 meters from the same named Skytrain. 1 stop to Silom, 1 stop to Siam Paragon and 2 stops to MBK. A perfect location. My first time at this Hotel although I have stayed at other Centre Points. It is a serviced apartment Hotel with studios to 3 bedroom available. The entrance is impressive with a 2 story lobby. It also has an excellent swimming pool , gym, business center etc.

I am in a 1 bedroom of 69 sq meters. Furnished beautifully and with a fabulous skyline view from the 39th floor. 2 Flat screen tv's, fax machine, coffee machine, full kitchen with a washer dryer. Bathroom with separate deep tub and shower. I am paying just over $100 US including taxes. This was reserved on Agoda. I am surrounded by the Four Seasons and St Regis which gives you an idea of the area. The difference in surroundings between Pattaya and Bangkok is stark.

My first thing to do was walk 300 meters to the skytrain and take it 1 stop to Siam Paragon. When I walk into this mall I am immediately reminded what a mediocre mall Central Plaza in Pattaya is. First in the first 10 minutes I saw more stunning boys then I did in Central Plaza Pattaya in 3 weeks. Then down to the basement where one of the best Food Courts in the world exists. Nothing compares with it anywhere in Thailand or most of the world and that includes the Market which has everything you can imagine. Well almost. They have never had sliced deli Roast Beef. Don't understand it.

Did I fail to mention how easy it was to get there for 15 baht on a beautiful air conditioned train . I love the Skytrain. It goes to 90% of the places I want to go in Bangkok and is clean and cheap and comfortable except during rush hours when it can be packed.

Then you always have the choice of clean air conditioned taxis which if you understand the peak traffic times, can be a very reasonable way to get to spots not serviced by the Skytrain. But everyone has made a miscalculation and been caught in famous traffic jams of Bangkok. So Skytrain is always the first choice followed by taxis . It is so nice not to have to deal with the Baht Bus Mafia etc. Of course it is even worse in Chiang Mai which is one of the main reasons I spend so little time there. I refuse to risk my life on motorbikes so I find the transportation system terrible in Chiang Mai and only slightly better in Pattaya.

So by now you are asking why I am spending 3 weeks out of 4 in Pattaya. The answer is simple. I find it much easier to hook up with boys in Pattaya 24 hours a day. I can go on Gayromeo at any time and find 60 boys to choose from. Of course I also have my favorites and the good thing about Pattaya they are at the most 10-15 minutes away by motorbike. In Bangkok the expanse of the city sometimes allows the boy travel time of 60 minutes or more.

When I was living in Bangkok, I just arranged my life differently since every day , I did not feel the need for 1 or 2 boys. But when my visits are back to vacation mode of 30 days after being mainly celibate for 2-3 months , I want boys. It is much easier in Pattaya then anywhere in the world . If I was to move back to Thailand it would definitely be Bangkok that I would live.

Today if it does not rain I will go to MBK which once again has nothing to compare anywhere in Thailand and I will check out the Boy Bars on Soi Twilight. I will hate those drink prices but it is only for a few days . HeHe

post-3-0-97391300-1351554227_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-05611300-1351554239_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-16323600-1351554247_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-70965600-1351554255_thumb.jpg

Guest thaiworthy

What a wonderful report! You have echoed my sentiments for Bangkok exactly. I agree with what you said about Pattaya as well. Best not to let the secret out any further or else every farang will want to come here and it will be more crowded than it already is!

I love the Skytrain too. I love walking. The more time I spend here the more I accept the differences in life between here and the US. I could do without motorcycles on sidewalks, but I'm getting used to it. In Pattaya, walking is less of a pleasure. Not sure exactly why.

I can get deli roast beef at Villa Market. It is sliced rare, but not thin and flimsy and tastes a lot, lot better than the US counterparts. Also it seems to last longer. If I buy in US, it turns grey after a day. Not so with Villa Market. They sell them in little clear plastic shells with plastic overwrap, you may have to look a bit to find it.

Great views from your hotel and the room pictures look wonderful. You have it made. Perfecto! I agree that Pattaya is much easier in many respects to find boys, but if you are in a relationship that seems to matter less to me now. But if I were single again, I would do things exactly as you are doing them.

Congratulations on your well-woven plans. I hope to hear more about your activities in the future as well.

Firecat, thank you so much for the great report. I always love reading about your experiences as I know you are great to the guys you meet and you have good taste when traveling.

I also find that Bangkok is much better for me for a long term stay. I love the city and would live there instantly if not for the traffic. I just detest the traffic in Bangkok but the city is by far the easiest for me to live in.

I decided to stay in Pattaya for a long term this trip as I thought my 2 long term boyfriends would like to be closer to their friends in Pattaya. We have been here one month and they have seen them only one time. Had I known this a month ago, I would have been staying in Bangkok again. But, I am happy to spend more time in Pattaya as I love the city as well and have good friends here. That said, Pattaya does not offer the amenities that Bangkok does. There is just no comparison IMHO.

As for boys, I always get exactly what I want in Bangkok. I love Hero and would be very happy just going there every day. I had tried to get a room on that Soi this year at the Fraser Suites and they wanted 160,000 baht per month and would not negotiate. To me, that was absurd but I guess the close proximity to the hospital makes this place a favorite among Arabs and thus they don't need to negotiate. Had I been given a good rate, (I tried in person and via email) I would have stayed there and just visited Hero on a daily basis. Pattaya is so hard to find good massage. It is easy for me to find guys here but not ones that give great massages.

I agree Siam Paragon is top notch. I stayed in the area you were in for a week about a month ago and I loved the area and thought it very convenient. So much so, I will look for a small place there when I go back to Bangkok as I'll love to have a small place there for weekends and such.

As always Firecat, enjoy your days in Bangkok and keep us up to date with your trip!

So today I went to my favorite place MBK. I went to the 3rd floor and designed some business cards They said come back in 15 minutes which I did and got 100 for about $8US. What a deal. Then down to the phones where naturally there was a selection of leather cases for IPhone 5. Bought a nice one for $13 US and I'm sure something similar and no better will be $40 in the Apple store. Now all I have to do is order the phone when I return to the USA. hehe

Stopped at Santa's Chicken for a snack (yumm) and then picked up some Versace perfume for a friend. She used up the first bottle. I am sure it is well over $100 in the USA but only $17 at MBK. Who cares if its fake, it smells the same. hehehe

You can get so much done and bought in MBK in air conditioned comfort. I have no idea why anyone struggles through Silom at night and Patpong.

Took a taxi back for 57 baht very little traffic and brand new with great A/C. I love BKK taxis when there is no traffic.

Hopefully these Black Clouds do not dump on me and tonight I will go to Soi Twilight.

Did not make it to Soi Twilight last night but will tonight. Luckily I found a favorite of mine from Solid who is now working at 7/11. He was more then happy to come to my Hotel this morning before going to work at 10am. Just as good as always and very appreciative of the money.

Took a chance with the Black Clouds and took the BTS to Saladaeng to explore the newly renovated (at least for me) Silom Complex. Does not look a lot different but a lot of new stores and many old ones gone. New escalators and a new Food Ct with a number of restaurants I have not noticed anywhere else. Great cookie place I never heard of.

One of the bigger I Studios and as yet with no customers. I was able to play in there for awhile as the only customer. That will surely change. Still some stores being built out. Tops did not look any different, not sure if they even closed. I am sure the surrounding businesses are glad to have them back for the customers they attract.

Guest thaiworthy
Luckily I found a favorite of mine from Solid who is now working at 7/11. He was more then happy to come to my Hotel this morning before going to work at 10am. Just as good as always and very appreciative of the money.

I find this very romantic. Bless your heart. I've done same-same more than a few times. It's nice to have something to depend on but even sweeter when you find them by chance some time later. He sounds like a wonderful and charming guy.

If it were me, I'd be so obsessed, I'd probably visit the 7/11 so often that they'd sell out before the next date.

No rain tonight so on Halloween I headed out. Had Taxi drop me on Silom at Soi Convent. Why I want to punish myself walking down Silom and then Patpong , I cannot answer. Silom is worse then ever with stands taking up all the space except for single file. Walked down Soi 4 and as usual they were very busy but did not stop.

Started down Patpong and as usual could not get through there without buying a watch. At last count I have 47 watches all of which still work because I buy the high quality. Police were out , so watches were hidden and just the junk was out but if you know to ask they bring them out. It is like a ritual maybe I can start a watch store.

Make the turn on Surawong and head for Soi Twilight. On entering the Soi it appeared to be very busy. Bars packed and no seats at Maxis. When I lived in Bangkok X Boys was my choice 90% of the time so naturally that was my first stop.

I am a face person first so I was disappointed. Some very nice athletic bodies but no faces that spoke to me. Now I should say that I am fairly drained from 25 days in Pattaya and my 7/11 boy ( from Solid) has visited every morning.

The Coyote Dancers were energetic and had excellent sexy bodies. Music was at an ok level (unusual) and drinks were 250 baht (ugh).

Walked down the Soi and no seats at Dicks so kept walking. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a stunner but he was waiting for a hair cut and was questionable age but made a mental note to look on the way back.

Number of massage places on the Soi but again nothing that grabbed me as in the past. Next stop Classic Boys. They have done some renovations and have gotten some good reports on some websites.

A disaster . 22 boys and not one I would have taken for free. IMHO some of the least attractive boys I have ever seen in a GoGo Bar. Drinks 260 baht and music ok..

Headed back and looked for the Stunner but he was still waiting for his hair cut. Door man at Fresh Boys used to be Door man at X Boys so I let him entice me into going in. Big mistake !! Almost as bad as classic with one or 2 exceptions. Drinks 260 baht and music at good level.

Dick's still has no seats and I consider going up to Dream Boys. Here I know I will get plenty of eye candy. The problem is I will fall in love with at least 5 boys and every one will say Man only. Now 1 out 5 will probably do the deed but I don't like the odds. Show about to start so drinks 320 baht and they will be jammed as usual.

I continue down the Soi and now Maxis's has plenty of seats probably because everyone headed for Dream Boys.

I considered walking up the stairs at HotMale where I know a couple of mamasans but my knees said no. I headed for home. 820 baht for 3 diet cokes and very little to look at except at X Boys.

Tomorrow is another night if I have the energy. The photo is of the boys at Bangkok Massage next to X Boy.

post-3-0-36308200-1351737715_thumb.jpg

Guest thaiworthy

Well-written and a pretty typical example of a night on Soi Twilight. You are right about Dream Boys in every respect. When it happens and things do happen, they click like the guy you saw at 7-11. Dick's was packed, I guess because of Halloween. Good report. Thanks.

Another great report Firecat. Thanks. How much longer as you in Bangkok? Do you have plans to go to my favorite massage place Hero? Tomorrow is Friday and they usually have a great group then. If you do, try Duc, as he is amazing massage and everything you like in a guy.

Had to go see the new James Bond movie . So headed over to Siam Paragon which has one of the best theater complexes in the world. Not quite the bargain it used to be now that I get senior rates in the USA (hehe) but still cheaper even with their rates having increased. Movie opened with a Great Chase scene and then slowed for awhile and picked up again the last hour. Worth the money.

Now it was time for lunch and I remember over a year ago we had best Burger thread in which Michael and the boys found Bangkok Burger. I believe they proclaimed it the best or at least tied for best and I went with them a second time and was very impressed.

However not a great location on Thonglor for a spur of the moment. Since that time they have opened at Bagna close to Ikea and Phuket. Lo and behold they opened a small stand at the Siam Paragon Food Ct.

I headed there and ordered the Bacon cheeseburger which comes with fries and a dab of cole slaw. I was interested to see if they could maintain the quality. I know Dukes failed miserably when they left Chiang Mai.

I watched them take a fresh made burger out of the frig. and put it on the grill. This burger looked the same size after cooking so definitely quality meat. Took 10-15 minutes so don't be in a rush. This burger was just excellent in all ways. The bun was fresh and chewey and held up well . The meat was delicious and they used well done bacon and cheddar cheese. The FF were crisp and tasty. You might think 120 grams is not very big but I was stuffed because this was not a lot of fat disappearing in the cooking. The price was 235 baht so not cheap but easily worth it. Have included 2 photos from which you should be able to read the menu.

post-3-0-69409300-1351761974_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-39320200-1351761981_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your report.

At last count I have 47 watches all of which still work because I buy the high quality.

I bought one watch at Patpong, and it started to disassemble while I was still in Thailand. (But my watch was only 250 Baht, negotiated down from 500, I didn't know that you can get the same kind of watch for 100 elsewhere.)

If you buy the junk off the counter they will not last for your trip usually. Usually you can tell by the weight if it is junk or good quality usually from Taiwan. I have bought high quality Rolex's for friends that are still working years later.

But the price ranges from 1000-1500 baht. The police are constantly after them and you need to be careful bringing more then 1 back to the USA. Customs turns a blind eye to one but if you have 1/2 dozen you could have them confiscated.

Had to go see the new James Bond movie . So headed over to Siam Paragon which has one of the best theater complexes in the world. Not quite the bargain it used to be now that I get senior rates in the USA (hehe) but still cheaper even with their rates having increased. Movie opened with a Great Chase scene and then slowed for awhile and picked up again the last hour. Worth the money.

Now it was time for lunch and I remember over a year ago we had best Burger thread in which Michael and the boys found Bangkok Burger. I believe they proclaimed it the best or at least tied for best and I went with them a second time and was very impressed.

However not a great location on Thonglor for a spur of the moment. Since that time they have opened at Bagna close to Ikea and Phuket. Lo and behold they opened a small stand at the Siam Paragon Food Ct.

I headed there and ordered the Bacon cheeseburger which comes with fries and a dab of cole slaw. I was interested to see if they could maintain the quality. I know Dukes failed miserably when they left Chiang Mai.

I watched them take a fresh made burger out of the frig. and put it on the grill. This burger looked the same size after cooking so definitely quality meat. Took 10-15 minutes so don't be in a rush. This burger was just excellent in all ways. The bun was fresh and chewey and held up well . The meat was delicious and they used well done bacon and cheddar cheese. The FF were crisp and tasty. You might think 120 grams is not very big but I was stuffed because this was not a lot of fat disappearing in the cooking. The price was 235 baht so not cheap but easily worth it. Have included 2 photos from which you should be able to read the menu.

The boys and I saw the Bond movie and also enjoyed it.

I am glad Bangkok Burger Company is doing so well. They really did a few smart things when they were opening up the first one. Their Social Media campaign was great and they were really on top of everything before the opening. They had nights with free food for weeks to prepare. Looks like they had a really great long range plan and it is paying off.

You are right, these burgers are great and I am glad they kept the quality up when they opened new in Siam Paragon. Thanks for the heads up. I will defiantly be giving this a try.

I am in the Tokyo airport and killing some time, so some final thoughts on my last 30 days (actually 31 but no fine).

I have to remember not to tire myself out when I first arrive Pattaya. It is just so easy there. I have 4 or 5 regulars and I can go on Gay Romeo and find what I like any time day or night. So when you have been gone 2 months I tend to try to see too many boys too fast (yes it is possible)

It was definitely low season when I arrived but the Bars did seem to be moving into high season as I was leaving.

In Sunee I had dinner (sandwich at Oud's where I enjoy Jack and Ralph . Imagine being together for 47 years. ( I cannot) heheh. Oud always fun and he does seem to choose some cute boys whose English is always good.

For GoGo Bars in Sunee it was Mic My and Nice Boys. Mic My definitely has boys of the younger persuasion although when I have been motivated they did turn out to be 18.

Nice Boys by far has the most boys in Sunee and I have to spend time there with my good friend Michael. The boys are a little rough for my taste and the constant jack wow bores me but many love it, which is why easily they are the most successful bar in Sunee. I will say that usually there are at least a couple out of the 40 boys that I am attracted to.

BoysTown I spent all my time at FunnyBoys, ToyBoys and XBoys/ formerly David. I did stope in Vassa once and was disapointed with the quality from the previous time.

FunnyBoys can always be counted on to have a good complement of boys even at 830pm. They tend to be on the older side but certainly not past their date. Hehe. Music is good and hand wipes, peanuts etc make the place a little classier then most. Only complaints you hear is the rotation is too slow.

ToyBoys this trip easily was my favorite Bar. At least 40 boys of all types and some Stunners IMHO. With so many boys the rotation does seem slow but there is only room on stage for about 16 so with over 40 boys , you might have to have 2 drinks. Music at a good level and helpful but not bothersome mamasan.

XBoys in what was formerly David has the best xxx show by far in Pattaya. It is somewhat different every night and the twins in the shower is always fun. And of course the BBoys are fun to watch. The boys on offer are a varied bunch and some really cute ones but not sure which of the 2 XBoys to find the one you like if you come back another night. They seem to rotate between the bars.

Then it was on to Bangkok for my last 5 night which I have covered pretty thoroughly.

The Grande Centre Point was just fabulous. I had a 750 sq ft suite with washer/dryer, fax machine etec etc. Fabulous lobby , great location 300 meters from Ratchadamri BTS. beautiful pool and health club for $107 US per night on Agoda. The next door neighbors are Four Seasons and St Regis at $350 a night for a 350 sq foot room.

Easy choice next time I go back. Their one weakness is the Western breakfast buffet which is average at best.

So much to do in BKK that even when you have tired yourself out for boys, there is plenty to do. Well I didn't completely tire myself out. There was my 7/11 boy and one or two others.

Be back january 2.

I don't remember where and when (but not long ago), there was discussion about the difference between defiantly and definitely.

Unfortunately, I am dyslexic. I can't often see the difference. I use spell check but when it is spelled right, I have a hard time.

Firecat, thank you for the great reports on your stay. I definitely look forward to your return in January.