Guest fountainhall

How to Earn US$65 Million - Quickly!

Guest fountainhall

Want to make a quick buck or three? How about US$65 million? Yes, that’s not a mistake! Sixty-five million United States dollars! And you can earn it within months. (I promise this is the truth. Nothing hearsay or gossip or lies or lack of homework about this post! :D)

So, what’s the catch? Well, depends on your point of view, I guess. One of Hong Kong’s richest property developers and womanisers (he claims he has had more than 10,000 girlfriends) has a problem he needs to solve. And as he is 76 years old, he wants it solved now before he dies.

Chao has a beautiful 33-year old daughter, Gigi, who is an Executive Director of his company. The problem? She is a lesbian! The elder Chao had heard that his daughter and her partner were recently married in a civil ceremony in France. Apparently, the couple are often seen at Hong Kong’s hi-so events. But in conservative Hong Kong, all this was getting too much for Chao. He wants a good man to make a good woman out of his daughter (by which, presumably, he means a heterosexual woman although that is nowhere expressed). "I don’t mind whether he is rich or poor,” said Chao. “The important thing is that he is generous and kind-hearted.” So he advertised for a husband for his daughter, offering US$65 million!

Gigi has since received thousands of proposals. Are they kidding? Surely that must have been 'millions'! She says she’s not angry, having told CNN that her father “loves her very much.” Asked if she will consider her father’s offer, Gigi merely said: “We will see.”

All of which begs a question. Chao senior is ageing, has led a very racy lifestyle and at 76 presumably does not have more than a couple of decades to live - at the very most. So, surely any of a gazillion good-looking handsome gay guys could make an offer to Gigi to be her husband in name. Heck, they could even have a child with a surrogate. Gay husband is delighted that Gigi and real life partner carry on as before (as presumably can he - apart from having to turn up at the odd social junket overflowing with caviar and Crystal champagne :p ), and even more so that he is $65 million the richer :p :P . Daddy departs for the land of heavenly virgins whereupon gay husband presumably gets another chunk of cash in the will :p :P :p . If I was a bit younger, I’d certainly be game!

http://edition.cnn.c...ward/index.html

All rather like Ang Lee’s lovely 1993 movie “The Wedding Banquet” except this is a gay girl with a marriage problem rather than a gay guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Ca-SPeJw4

I like her! She's spunky and knows her own mind, articulate and hi-powered, maybe from a would-be suitors point of view, it's for the better she's a lesbian. She looks like she enjoys her job as executive director and doesn't seem the type of woman who'd happily play second fiddle to a man. Most men (at least those who're her social equal) don't like that.

Her father must be a terrific advertisement for condoms. Otherwise, he fired blanks 9,999 times . . . :o