Guest HeyGay

Beware of con men companies.

May be you have heard of the new all whistles and bells adverts for a new service to Siam Reap Cambodia the next Inn place to take off ?

Well In reality www.airhanuman.com is not $99 as advertised, with no sign as many have been told when they try to book, it was a promotion, but the real price on over 8000 baht even more than

Other well known air companies, so you have been warned?

Guest fountainhall

I suggest HeyGay checks his facts before making a misleading post with a totally inaccurate title.

The advertising for Air Hanuman makes it very clear that the Pattaya/Siem Reap service starts in October. What it also says is -

Go Pattaya

from $99.00 R/T

starting October 2012

post-1892-0-72790800-1348806339_thumb.jpg

What it does not say is Go Siem Reap!

I called Air Hanuman this morning. US$99 is the promotional fare currently available for flights from Siem Reap to Pattaya and back. The promotion is not and never has been available for Pattaya to Siem Reap. It has, to the best of my knowledge, never been advertised as a fare ex-Pattaya. That return fare is, as HeyGay points out, around Bt. 8,500.

Those wishing to depart from Pattaya will no doubt be pissed off that the fare is far cheaper starting from Cambodia. But these sort of promotions are hugely common in the airline business, as most travellers are aware.

The moral is clearly to check facts before posting inaccurate information. After all, isn't this precisely what HeyGay himself requested on 21 January 2011 at 05:35 pm in the “Ocean 1 and View Talay” locked thread!

Facts please, backed up with proof that is what I'm looking for, not fantasy allegations.

:o

Perhaps it's now time for that nice dinner at Mata Hari :p

HeyGay, on 09 August 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

up until now, no one has ever caught me out with any lies, at one time I even Offered a free dinner for two at the best restaurant in town, Mata Hari if they could prove me wrong and that still applies

Oh dear you really have got your knickers twisted, I can only go by what I see, when I read the advert it says nothing about a promotion, and when you ring about the

Advert after emailing them for the right number, as I did some time ago, they say it is full, both ways, even though its only been advertised a few days, no Mention of pattaya to Siam Reap not included in this Promotion, if you see their advert it says Pattaya only, nothing about the right price from Pattaya is over 8500 baht, more than all the other flights available, and nothing about any flight from Siam Reap where the flight comes from being $99?

"By the way they can't even get their phone number right, it's +88565966883 if your not bothered by the hefty price,."

Then when you ring as I did some time ago , after their advertising campaign, they say no

Flight for $99 us available, only from 8500 baht or

More, if that is not a con trick I don't know what is?

As for your obsession of "Ocean one" I am the messenger, I was only repeating what the Director informed me, I had no reason to know a resscession was around the corner and the project was allegedly about to Be sold to the Chinese, who are waiting for better financial atmosphere to come in the next few years, I have no details as to if those who have paid a deposit will be able to claim their apartment, as they paid for I don't think at the time I was given the Information stated they Knew how bad things would get?

I was also informed at the time, allegedly the whole of Beach Road is ear marked to be the New Dubai with amazing sky scrapers all along there, but who knows now after so many got their fingers burnt in this disastrous financial downturn?

Guest fountainhall
if that is not a con trick I don't know what is?

You really have to laugh! HeyGay trying to wriggle out of yet another unproved or unfounded allegation, except the title of this one, I suspect, could possibly be construed to constitute libel! For Air Hanuman is run by a respected company TonleSap Airlines which flies to a number of major destinations, including Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Taipei and others.

And in that wriggling, guess what? He makes more "fantasy allegations"! First, the phone number on the website is indeed correct, for I just called Phnom Penh. As advertisied, it is +855 63 966 883. I have no idea where the OP got the number he lists above.

As for no flights being available, that is another factual error. The Phnom Penh office told me that the first three flights have no more promotion tickets as they are sold out. Not surprising, given that the advertising started more than two weeks ago. However, there are still $99 return tickets available after the first three flights.

And why on earth would the OP even bother to ring Phnom Penh when the website clearly also states the number for their Pattaya office - the one I called first today?

So as I suggested above, it really is time the OP took his own advice -

Facts please, backed up with proof that is what I'm looking for, not fantasy allegations.

- and cease continuing talk about "con men companies" and "con tricks" until and unless he actually has proof.

On the subject of airlines - routes, types of seats, and prices, this board has some very clued-up members.

However, not all of us are that experienced (I include myself) so if you come across that kind of headline and then go on to see it refers to a particular airline you might be inclined to steer clear of them in future.

So it's important not to be misled!

Guest fountainhall

I agree. And when it comes to advertising, it's also important both to read all the small print and realise what is not there. So if you see a promotion from an airline based in Cambodia, as with Air Hanuman, that says Go Pattaya, you cannot just assume that it also means Go Siem Reap! You have to check the small print or ask the airline or your agent directly.

As for ticket prices, everyone should realise that even with the legacy carriers, there is no such thing as an economy fare. There are well over a dozen different economy fares each ticketed with a different fare code - like Y, B, M, H, Q, N, V, W, U, S, T, G, K, U, E, R etc. So Y will be a fully flexible economy ticket valid for a year that will probably cost almost the same as a restricted business class ticket, and a vast amount more than an R ticket which could be a short-time one-off promotion fare or one hedged with all sorts of restrictions.

And, the only way to get the best deals is to sit in front of your computer, plug in dates and see what works. Try with Expedia and the to to the company website. When you have a good fare, call the airline and get the exact routing you want. It is best to spend some time with the person at the other end and smooze as they can find you good deals if they want. I know many that do this for a living and they tell me that it depends on how hard they want to work to get the right fare.

For my last trip, I was able to spend over an hour with the call center and get exactly what I wanted on a multi-leg trip which was less than a round-trip with 3 less stops. In other words, come up with several scenarios and ask them which works and if other days are cheaper or how to best work this to save money. Sometimes, they will actually help you and not be a dick.

I have played the airline games for far too long and I get frustrated with them as they often do advertise great deals but there are so few of them that they want to to call and be disappointed. But, if you learn to check the sites, ask friends, check FlyerTalk and other boards and ask suggestions on this board, you may find a great deal. It has worked for me many times.

Guest fountainhall

Sometimes, if you're really lucky - and some travellers have been - you'll notice a mistake on a website that has somehow got through various checking processes. Things like flying from Atlanta to London return for US$98.00 instead of $980. Most times, the airlines will actually honour that ticket if you were quick and bought in at that fare.

In fact, yesterday I noticed there was a cheapish upgrade on a BA flight I will take in November from Munich to London. My ticket was the least expensive available when I purchased 3 months ago. The offer was for an upgrade to business class for €79. I don't want an upgrade on a short-haul flight, but thought I'd check it. When I got on to the relevant page, there was an error - it said Bt.79 instead of €79! So I quickly tried to book it. Alas, too late! The page was deleted before I could press 'purchase'!

Yes mr fountain you can spirt out as much hot sir you like?

But it does not get away from the fact the advert at no time says promotion, or say anything about having to buy in Cambodia, I says nothing about toning on Cambodia so if you ring the number it dose not connect?

When you do get through to them

On there office in north pattaya not Siam Reap they say all promotion flights have been sold, when I asked how many was there they could not tell me, even thigh they had only just advertised the sale of these flight a few hours before, then to be told the real flight from Siam Reap or pattaya is really 8500 or more, you can only smell a con trickster at work no

Matter how you try to wriggle out if it?

Guest fountainhall
you can only smell a con trickster at work no

I have no intention of wriggling out of anything - unlike some (no names mentioned)!

1. The advertisement on the Air Hanuman site clearly says "From $99". It does not state "Fare is $99". Check with almost any other airline advertisements, and you see "Fares from . . . " Air Hanuman does not need to state Promotion! But that was clearly spelled out in the media release which was printed in the main Phnom Penh and Bangkok English newspapers more than 2 weeks ago. Nickysgaypattaya and some other sites posted the information at the same time. I am suspect the Pattaya papers also printed it.

2. You now seem to state you did not phone Phnom Penh. How odd! Why, then, did you state in Post #4 "Then when you ring as I did some time ago"?

3. Yes, I phoned both the Pattaya and Phnom Penh offices - and I phoned the numbers from the website, not the inaccurate number you posted when you said "they can't even get their phone number right." Both were clear about what was and what was not available. But then, if you spoke to them in the silly manner in which you choose to write your posts (your privilege, of course), it is hardly surprising that you may not have been understood :o. That, though, is zero reason, for posting inaccurate and misleading information, in my view.

4. I was told very clearly that, as I posted earlier, the promotion price was sold out for the first three flights. US$99 return tickets were still available from the fourth flight onwards.

5. Cut the "even thigh they had only just advertised the sale of these flight a few hours before" nonsense. You posted late yesterday afternoon, so clearly you had only just inquired about flights. With that juicy information about "con-men" airlines, you would hardly have waited a couple of weeks to open the thread and spread the word. Such fares - remember, the low ones marked "From $99" R/T - often sell out in days.

6. "it does not get away from the fact the advert at no time says . . . anything about having to buy in Cambodia." That really doesn't wash. The airline is Cambodian. The website you talk about clearly states its aim is to make "flying from Siem Reap to Pattaya possible for everyone."

So, quit the libellous accusations about "con tricksters". Facts:

i) You assumed.

ii) You did not double-check.

iii) You screwed up.

iv) You gave inaccurate and misleading information to readers.

Give it up, Mr. HeyGay.

As for ticket prices, everyone should realise that even with the legacy carriers, there is no such thing as an economy fare. There are well over a dozen different economy fares each ticketed with a different fare code - like Y, B, M, H, Q, N, V, W, U, S, T, G, K, U, E, R etc. So Y will be a fully flexible economy ticket valid for a year that will probably cost almost the same as a restricted business class ticket, and a vast amount more than an R ticket which could be a short-time one-off promotion fare or one hedged with all sorts of restrictions.

I'm stunned! I had no idea it was so complicated. But I suppose quantum mechanics looks a bit scary at first sight but is rather neat and orderly once you've grasped it. But then airline codes aren't quite the same thing, so why can't they just KISS ?? :p

Maybe other people have a similar problem to me. My trips usually last several weeks, and often involve visiting Australia as well as Thailand. I'm stuck with economy but I really appreciate flexibility that allows me to change dates, but it's always a lottery as to how strict the rules for date changes are. Now, almost the first thing I ask after agreeing the fare is "and what are the rules for date changes?"

Guest fountainhall

It's complicated in a great many ways! But you are already wiser than many - because you ask questions! Too many don't. In this age of low cost carriers, too many travellers make their booking and just tick the box which says "I agree with the Terms and Conditions" without actually having done so - and are then stuck when things do not go quite as planned.

Whilst the internet is great for finding great fares, it does take time and a bit of experience even to be sure of exactly what you are looking for - and then to do the searching, often over quite a few sites. In many cases, therefore, I still recommend occasional travellers should always check with a reliable agent - and preferably someone you have worked with before. You may not get the absolute cheapest fare, but you have a better chance of coming away with exactly what you want.

I still do some booking through agents, especially if I am not 100% sure of my dates. For example, months ago I knew i was going to the Taipei Gay Pride event and then on to Hong Kong at the end of October. Not sure of how long I wanted to spend in HKG, I needed a degree of flexibility. The lowest fare on the Cathay Pacific website required immediate confirmation and payment. However, I could get almost the same fare (only Bt. 300 more) from my agent with a payment deadline of 4 weeks in advance of travel. That ticket and fare was then locked in the computer - guaranteed, if you like - and yet I could amend and cancel it more or less at will prior to payment. As things turned out, I did have to make two changes - but at no penalty. On the other hand, for a Jordan and Europe trip in mid-November, all 10 flights were booked using lowest fares on internet sites.

As TravelerjIm has often mentioned, start reading some of the flyertalk website forums. It does tend ot be geared towards American travel and may seem like double dutch at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/

Guest thaiworthy
For my last trip, I was able to spend over an hour with the call center and get exactly what I wanted on a multi-leg trip which was less than a round-trip with 3 less stops. In other words, come up with several scenarios and ask them which works and if other days are cheaper or how to best work this to save money. Sometimes, they will actually help you and not be a dick.

I employ a different strategy. If the call center person sounds sympathetic, I play a violin and sing a sad song. I can be a very good actor on the phone. I explain my situation and how my dying sick mother will depart this earthly life without seeing me for one last time. I have dozens of scenarios like that. It especially works if you can take advantage of an opportune moment, when you claim you got disconnected from a previous call center call, or claim the previous agent did not know how to respond, or claim that their computer went haywire in the previous call. The last one pops up the most and I take full advantage of it. It always works. You get what you want by negotiation, especially when you are singing the world's saddest song. I can play the game, too.

Guest travelerjim

tw...

Up to your "magic tricks" again in dealing with the airlines???

Indeed, it does benefit you at times...when you do not get the answer

you are believe is available...or are looking for...politely hang up...

call back a few minutes later and kindly speak to another rep.

Works like "magic" :p

tj

(now less "hip" than before)

Guest HeyGay

tw...

Up to your "magic tricks" again in dealing with the airlines???

Works like "magic" :p

tj

(now less "hip" than before)

Good to see you up and about after your hospital problems, at least your on the ball and not senile, but I do worry about some others amounst us/ Jim?

I can only go by what I read on their advert, as my mother always said and ic an see its true, he who waffles on and on is trying to belive what he is saying him self?

its says Pattaya from $99 it has a phone number try rining it.

Both not true, no mention of a promotion, No mention the real price is 8500 baht?

I rest my case?

Actually I have contacted them since and they have said they will offer me a special deal, owing to the alleged misleading Advert, but I have since booked with another airline cheaper?

Guest fountainhall

I can only go by what I read on their advert

Wriggling again, Mr HeyGay? So you read but do not read carefully. You also forget - you informed us you had also phoned them for details! Yet, you are still trying to tell us the website phone number is incorrect! And still you will not withdraw misleading and inaccurate comments about "con-men companies"!

I rest my case?

Now, I'm really glad you put that question mark there :) ! Your case has been totally shot through by the facts. And for any who might still doubt that, they can read nickygaypattaya's two articles on Air Hanuman. He even sent someone to their office to check and put all the detailed information up on his site on exactly the same day you made your first inaccurate post!

Actually I have contacted them since and they have said they will offer me a special deal, owing to the alleged misleading Advert

SInce you tell us the telephone doesn't work, how did you contact them, I wonder? :o You publicly brand them "Con men" and they offer you a special deal! Gee! Lucky you!

but I have since booked with another airline cheaper?

Perhaps you might enlighten all the readers whom you have mislead with your posts of the name of this "other" airline? Indeed,what other airline flies Pattaya/Siem Reap? Or which other/s offer a cheaper round-trip air ticket BKK/Siem Reap? Now that, for a change, would actually be very useful information! But when you provide this new information, perhaps you might care to be mindful of your very own words

HeyGay, on 21 January 2011 – 04:48 PM, said

No way would I be stupid enough to say things that can be proven to be lies now that would be stupid

Guest HeyGay

Waffle waffle waffle

What all your waffle has got to do with a phone number not working and non exsistant $99 flights, that are really 8500 baht, no one can fathom out, but your confused mind of course?

Guest fountainhall

Oh, that is so funny! :D

Reading this and other threads, few posters will by now be unaware of the OP’s fantasies. HeyGay is clearly an admirer of the great Spanish surrealist painter, Salvador Dali, who notably said:

“What is important is to spread confusion, not eliminate it.”

post-1892-0-84389800-1349151586_thumb.jpg

Salvador Dali