Guest irish1972

Christmas

Guest irish1972

Although I have been to Thailand a few times before, this will be my first Christmas there!

I was just wondering what to expect from it?

Do the Thai's get into the spirit of the season?

Will the Bars be busy?

Although I have been to Thailand a few times before, this will be my first Christmas there!

I was just wondering what to expect from it?

Do the Thai's get into the spirit of the season?

Will the Bars be busy?

The answer is yes to both. The bars will definitely be busy and although most Thais do not celebrate the religious aspects of Christmas, a great many do celebrate the fun parts.

Be careful of which hotel you choose. Many hotels charge a manditory fee for a Christmas buffet and also a New Year's Eve buffet regardless of whether you want to eat there or not. They don't let you out of it and sometimes those buffets are quite expensive. I will say, however, the one's I've been to have always been well worth it, although I also resent having to pay for something about which I was never told in advance.

Guest irish1972

I am lucky in that I have the use of a friends appt in the Chateau Dale Complex. I tend to rent that off him while I am there. Luckily it is available over the Christmas period so I have put my name on it!!!

The answer is yes to both. The bars will definitely be busy and although most Thais do not celebrate the religious aspects of Christmas, a great many do celebrate the fun parts.

Be careful of which hotel you choose. Many hotels charge a manditory fee for a Christmas buffet and also a New Year's Eve buffet regardless of whether you want to eat there or not. They don't let you out of it and sometimes those buffets are quite expensive. I will say, however, the one's I've been to have always been well worth it, although I also resent having to pay for something about which I was never told in advance.

Gaybutton, are you able to tell us the names of some of those Hotels which charge a mandatory fee for Christmas Buffet and NY Eve Buffet? May want to avoid them in future. Thanks

Gaybutton, are you able to tell us the names of some of those Hotels which charge a mandatory fee for Christmas Buffet and NY Eve Buffet? May want to avoid them in future. Thanks

Those are too numerous to list and I don't know them all. It isn't limited just to Pattaya either. I had it happen to me in Phuket. It seems to be primarily beach resort hotels that have a restaurant. The best suggestion I can make is to ask at the time you are making reservations. If you already have reservations, then I would still check and find out. If the hotel does have the mandatory buffet, I would also ask the price of it. If I don't want to participate, then I would try to make reservations elsewhere first, and then cancel my original reservations.

Guest hajuthai

Mostly all hotels with restaurant charge for a christmas and a new year dinner.

So find a hotel with no restaurant, eks. Serene in Boyztown or Howards in Sunee.

I am nor sure of Ambiance in Boyztown, but LeCafeRoyale charge for dinner.

The bars will be busy and some of them also have fun in Christmas.

Pub in LaCage have fun the 23 dec. and on the 26 in MyLife. B)