Guest fountainhall

Samsung Profits Soar on Smart Phone Sales

Guest fountainhall

Samsung has turned in a 48% rise in profits for the last quarter, largely on the basis of its smart phones. Samsung is estimated to have sold nearly twice as many smart phones as the iPhone. More profits rises are forecast for the 3rd quarter before Apple unveils its latest iPhone model.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jul/27/samsung-galaxy-phones-rise-profit

My Thai bf buys IPhone because it is hiso. People who want more then a name buy the Samsung. Dollar for dollar the best phone out there and I have owned both Iphone and Samsung.

Samsung seem to have a range from budget smartphones to products which go head to head with the i-phone.

Also, if for anyone who considers the i-phone to be slightly too small, Samsung offer at least a couple of larger models.

So for giving the consumer such a wide choice, they deserve to be doing well.

From a consumer perspective, we can look forward to better deals, as clearly Apple & Samsung have high profit margins on smart phones, which should be eroded as competition from HTC, Huawei & whoever else intensifies.

In spite of my eternal pledge to remain in the 19th century, I finally broke down and took delivery this week of a Samsung Galaxy III phone. So far - after playing with it for three days - it most definitely is sleek and much smarter than me. My only trepidation so far is how much Khun Khortose will charge me per hour to instruct me how to make all the bells and whistles work when I return to Chiangmai.

Guest thaiworthy
My only trepidation so far is how much Khun Khortose will charge me per hour to instruct me how to make all the bells and whistles work when I return to Chiangmai.

Much more than I would have charged you had you bought an iPhone. But I think you made a good buy. KT seems to be a very good source of information on all kinds of phones, which in Thailand, makes for a good reputation if you want to be popular with Thai boys (and some smartphone-challenged farangs!)

. . .Apple cult . . .

I hadn't thought of it in that way but that's a bit worrying. The word cult implies some kind of worship, although a more relevant meaning here would be 'devotion to a particular person or thing' (SOED).

I don't have nuthin', neither Apple nor Samsung have i none. That doesn't mean I don't notice the almost beatific trancelike state some users lapse into. It can't be long before one is cited in the courts as a reason for marriage or civil partnership breakdown . . .

. . . I finally broke down . . . this week . . ..

See what I mean?

(sorry Bob, I hope you have a great time with it, as one of a dwindling band of non-believers I've actually begun to think about a time when I too may see the light).

I My only trepidation so far is how much Khun Khortose will charge me per hour to instruct me how to make all the bells and whistles work when I return to Chiangmai.

No charge Bob, unless you want to learn the secret of the vibrator function. That will cost you.

Guest thaiworthy

Bob, the vibrator function on an iPhone is automatic. No secrets to learn. The iPhone also comes with an i-book version of the Kama Sutra, has a compartment for lube and condoms and Siri can arrange free dates with the best-looking guys in Thailand. :lol:

Speaking of Samsung and digital assistants, whatever happened to Fountainhall's quest to find a new tablet? That was over 5 months ago!

As a non-technical guy, I love these new-to-me terms - Ice Cream Sandwich, Honeycomb, Gingerbread etc. Since I love all three foods, it seems a no brainer that I go for Samsung. :wacko:

Although I may appear emotionless in print, I am perhaps over-emotional and often go with what I like the look of rather than what my brain tells me I need. So I may well just take thaiworthy's earlier advice - "Go with your gut instinct".

http://www.gaythaila...ge__hl__samsung