Guest fountainhall

Ridiculous Lawsuits

Guest fountainhall

Poor ol’ Justin! Or I suppose, ‘poor young Justin’ is more accurate. The star has been sued for fathering a child, an allegation finally proved to be false. More such suits will no doubt materialize as time passes. (Now, why doesn’t he just become gay and get rid of pesky paternity suits?)

Now he’s facing another legal action, this one beyond ridiculous. An American woman is claiming $9.2 million for alleged permanent hearing loss caused not by Bieber himself, but by his fans! It is supposed to have happened when a gondola containing the Bieb was pulled over the audience. This gondola “acted as a sound conductor, creating a sound blast” as a result of the “frenzy of screams”!

How such cases are allowed to get near a court beats me!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jul/13/justin-bieber-sued-fans-screaming

Lawyers face penalties (fines, contempt charges, a suspension, or even disbarment) under their local ethics and court procedural rules as well as under national bar rules for filing cases that have "no reasonable basis in fact or law." Presuming this lady's claim is as described in the news media (sometimes that's a stretch!), I hope her lawyer gets nailed.