What type of people are our members attracted to?

What type of people are you attracted to?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. ALWAYS tick the Vote counter option & as many other as apply

• Vote counter. Please ALWAYS select this option if voting.
    • Male -Bears
    • Male- Lots of body muscle
    • Male -Some muscle
    • Male Twink
    • Male Femme Boy
    • Lady Boy
    • Female
    • Other

A poll. Always tick the first option & as many others as you like.

The "mind your own business" option can be selected by not participating in the poll. Very easy.

For this poll, the following interpretations apply:

Femme boy = Male acting, male dressing guy who has a few effeminate grooming habits. No breasts.

Lady boy = Male lower body parts, dressed as female & with breasts.

Lots of body muscle =Serious body builder with pronounced muscle.

Some muscle = Guy who may have a pronounced torso & a little muscle.

Female = Full set of female genitals, either from birth or via gender reassignment.

Guest fountainhall

I put in a vote for "Other" because there is no line for guys who are just that - guys with little obvious muscle but who are definitely not twinks and not femme.

Guest thaiworthy

Femme boy = Male acting, male dressing guy who has a few effeminate grooming habits. No breasts.

Huh? Not sure I agree with this description. My perception of a femme boy is femme, and certainly not male acting or male dressing. The femme boys I've seen wear ladies' blouses and sometimes a little light make-up, (but mostly powder to look more "white.") Mannerisms can be effeminate, but what are effeminate grooming habits? Mebbe painted fingernails?

I voted for some muscle and twink. I like the vote counter, since it helps assess the number of people participating because of the multiple choices.

Huh? Not sure I agree with this description. My perception of a femme boy is femme, and certainly not male acting or male dressing. The femme boys I've seen wear ladies' blouses and sometimes a little light make-up, (but mostly powder to look more "white.") Mannerisms can be effeminate, but what are effeminate grooming habits?

This is treading a fine line, but my idea of a femme boy is like the following picture. Somewhat effeminate in appearance, but male dressing, male acting & no screechy voice. Would typically NOT carry a handbag, nor wear high heels or any of that carry on.

(This one is simply adorable).Clipboard01-3.jpg<a%20href=

Perhaps this is one reason why there's so much disagreement.

The "we all like real macho men" brigade would probably describe a femme boy as having breasts, yet simultaneously saying the bars are full of femme boys. Now the only way you can describe the boy bars as having lots of femme boys is by using quite a broad definition.

As for the gay boys or straight boys question, how do you tell the difference? If there's a mixture of gay & straight working boys trying to satisfy their customers, how do you know which is which?

For that matter, a lot of gay tourists are only recognisable as gay because they're in the gay bars, on the gay beach or their eyes follow the young lads not the ladies.

Guest thaiworthy
Perhaps this is one reason why there's so much disagreement.

Z, I think we're making progress. You may have hit the proverbial painted toenail on the head. Everyone's concept is different. For me, I don't define femme by appearance, but mostly by behavior. The picture above does not necessarily characterize him as femme. He could be femme, but appearances can be deceiving. I doubt he hunts for sport or drives a Mack truck to make a living, but you are right about broad definitions. And they are not limited to just guys in boy bars, either. Yes, he is adorable although a bit too young for me. BTW, I do love that hair. You definitely have an eye for male beauty in any case. If you want to post 420 photos like that and like the ones you made for your avatar, I'll look at those any day. :wub:

I bet I know who Michael voted for! :lol:

post-8671-0-68195100-1335113288_thumb.jpg

I bet I know who Michael voted for! :lol:

Michael finds beauty in all of God's creatures. I just love them all (sometimes even on the same night but that is another story). I'll pray for you Thaiworthy, so that one day, you too, might grow to appreciate all the beautiful things life has to offer us in LOS. :)

Guest thaiworthy
I'll pray for you Thaiworthy . . .

I had about 10 flippant responses for this comment, Michael-- but it is getting too easy. Suffice it to say that if we all liked the same thing, Thailand would be a boring place. To each his own, live and let live, et al. I do wish that other farang had just half as many colorful aspects about them as you seem to have. B)

Sorry to divert you away from your religion, but here are couple more which could be described as "femme boys", or my idea of it anyway. Probably straight Korean pop stars? No breasts or dress.

Clipboard05.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

I had about 10 flippant responses for this comment, Michael-- but it is getting too easy.

:) I set you up perfectly and you pass. Damn!

I agree with you that we have have such different tastes and that is what makes the world go around. I am just happy that no one else likes as much as me so that gives me more to choose from.

I am mostly attracted to manly men. But, it all depends on the night, how much fun I'm having and how much adventure I want. When in Brazil, I rarely vary from my "type." But, in Thailand, it is so easy to do and the guys do change to often.

A few years back, I met a guy the beach. He didn't want to get fucked as he thought it was horrible. He said he would allow it but only for a short time. He was butch, masculine and very handsome. Skip forward a few years later and I'm sitting in a bar and this boy keeps looking at me and I can't place him. I invite him over for a drink and he is stunning but defiantly a fem boy. I asked him if we knew each other and then he told me about before and the BF reminded me of him and all the sudden it kicked in. This was the boy I knew from the beach, the rough edge was gone while still very handsome, he had a feminine touch. I took him that night and the sex was great. A year or two later, I was in another bar and this ladyboy caught my attention and I smiled at her and could not place her. The BF reminded me of the boy from the beach and I told him he was crazy as it could NOT be the same boy. But, it was. He was now dressed more like a lady and he looked great. He went with me again that night and was fantastic. I was not as turned on with him having the makeup,ect on but I had fun. I told him it was just not my thing. He said it was no problem and asked if he could see me the next day. I said OK. He showed up just like the boy I had met years ago from the beach. He was able to pull it off. He had not had hormones or anything and was only experimenting with being a ladyboy but he was still as gorgeous as ever. Luckily, I was not hampered by his experimentation and I see him often in LOS.

As for the gay boys or straight boys question, how do you tell the difference? If there's a mixture of gay & straight working boys trying to satisfy their customers, how do you know which is which?

After thinking about it, I agree, gay or straight just confuses the issue as to what attracts people.

Guest thaiworthy

What a profile this would make in the Kinsey Report! Every farang I've ever met, who had a ladyboy companion at one time or another, has only liked ladyboys and nothing else. You are unique to have such a varied taste, that it's actually hard for me to comprehend and almost seems unbelievable. It ls like one of the great mysteries of the universe that even Carl Sagan could not explain. I would have a better chance in fact, of understanding quantum physics.

On the other hand I'm sure there are people who would say there is a cure for what you have, but they are wrong and probably have never been to Thailand. If I had this story to judge, and only this story, I would say this phenomenon discovered you, rather than you discovering it.

But Carl, rest his soul, even with the infinite wisdom of the universe, would most likely characterize this as a cosmic and sexual fugue, for which Thaiworthy-- will probably never understand.

Guest anonone

<<

He showed up just like the boy I had met years ago from the beach. He was able to pull it off. He had not had hormones or anything and was only experimenting with being a ladyboy but he was still as gorgeous as ever. Luckily, I was not hampered by his experimentation and I see him often in LOS.>>

Great story Michael. One of the (many) things that amazes me with most Thai boys is their remarkable abiltiy to alter their "look". A change of clothes, redo of the hair, and some accessories for a totally different look.

My BF surprised me one time by meeting me with a hip hop / skater boy look. Adorable, but something totally unexpected. When I left the room for him to "get ready", I had no clue what was the ready was going to look like. :o

Guest fountainhall

I don't define femme by appearance, but mostly by behavior

Same with me. I would put the photos of the lovely guys z909 posted into the twink category, but definitely not femme - unless their manner indicated a tendency to more feminine behaviour. Much of Thailand - and much of Asia - is seemingly inhabited by twinks. GLORY! HALLELUJAH!

Is there perhaps a slight misunderstanding of the meaning of 'femme' here? I have always assumed it to be an attribute of a boy with some exaggerated feminine trait/s - nothing to do with looks as such.

Darn, I replied to this topic, but appartently forgot to post it. I consider my BF femme, but by Thai standards he is not, What bothers me in the definitions is, to my eyes, that almost all Asian males under 40 look a little femme to me, and I do not mean this as a putdown. This do have slimmer builds and finer feaures then many other primary ethnic groups

I'm defining femme by looks, not by the way they act. I really like the slightly femme look that's common on young Asian men.

As for acting feminine, without the femme look, I didn't think of it, as it doesn't seem that common in Asian males. Are there common examples of this that I'm missing? (Excluding the ladyboy segment obviously)

Guest thaiworthy

I'm defining femme by looks, not by the way they act. I really like the slightly femme look that's common on young Asian men.

I think femme looks youthful, which is apparent in the first photo, but for me just not necessarily feminine. A male child may look feminine only because he is immature, therefore I do not associate appearance with gender or vice versa. Wikipedia defines the word feminine as follows:

Femininity (also called womanliness or womanhood) is a set of attributes, behaviors, and roles generally associated with girls and women. Femininity is made up of both socially defined and biologically created factors. This makes it distinct from the simple definition of the biological female sex, as women, men, and transgender people can all exhibit feminine traits.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Femininity

The above definition seems to indicate that both socially defined (behaviors, roles) AND biologically created factors (appearance) compose femininity. So I guess attributes alone are not valid unless at least behavior and/or roles are present. Roles are more complex, especially as society becomes more sophisticated. I doubt there is any generally accepted notion that all 3 are always the same in Thai people. Nothing is set in stone, but it certainly makes gender identification much more interesting.

BTW, it appears as if not everyone is clicking the vote counter. There are clearly 18 votes for twinks as of this writing, and only 16 registered in the vote counter.

. Nothing is set in stone, but it certainly makes gender identification much more interesting.

Well, here is something set in stone and gender identification is not an issue. This is Antinous, the beloved of the Roman Emperor Hadrian.

Maybe a bit femme?

post-9743-0-78254500-1335216031_thumb.jpg

Guest fountainhall

I think that photo requires a bubble caption contest :) . Looking at rather solemn look and the position of the index fingers, something like this perhaps -

"Oh God! You are serious! It's really that long?" :D

Actually "it" was on the small size.

From my research the Emperor Hadrian had numerous statues of Antinous commissioned and placed in public places in memory of his beloved. These statues were meant to be an accurate likeness of Antinous including his curly hair and small member. He died of drowning in the Nile when he was only 19 yo.

Maybe he would fit the category of "male twink"?

Guest fountainhall

Actually "it" was on the small size

Odd, though, how in almost all classical sculpture and painting "it" is usually smaller than would be expected! Look at Michelangelo's David - either the original in the Accademia or the copy that stands in the Piazza della Signoria. For a figure so tall, muscled and manly, "it" looks like it's never been used at all ;)

post-1892-0-38428800-1335280669_thumb.jpg

And alongside in the Piazza, Cellini's statue of Perseus has an "it' more suited to a small baby! Even the nudes in the Sistine Chapel are considerably lacking in size and proportion.

But when it comes to the ladies, even gay sculptors frequently endowed them with voluptuous bosoms. So why not the men?

Well the whole idea of the new classical style of the renaissance was to depict man in all his glory excactly the way God created him. Not really to endow them with more then they have. As you pointed out many of the statues have things small, but the average height then was around 5' 5" which was a considerable drop from Roman times. Yes, men were taller in the middle ages then in the Renaissance----true.

"(30 member(s) have cast votes)" but only 23 ticked the vote counter?

I would classify the Korean pop star as twink, the first boy is rather femme.

There were two similar polls on gaybuttonthai a while ago:

http://gaybuttonthai....php?f=7&t=3997

http://gaybuttonthai....php?f=7&t=3470

but due to different options it's difficult to compare.

but due to different options it's difficult to compare.

Oddly, the 2 GBT polls give vastly different results. One has "Nelly Boys (somewhat fem) getting 49% of the vote, with 63 votes cast. The next poll has Nelly Boys just getting 19% of 27 votes.

Either way, it's clear fem, twink & masculine types are of interest to board members.