Moses

New forum's design and layout

I'm sorry for posting this topic to "beer bar", but I cannot to start topic in "Comments and suggestions".

Mainly it will be about new layout.

I will show you what I see now (fig.1). If you are wondering where all adv. are - they are cuted by adblocker: coz they are slow loading and too "pushy" - even with 1200 pix height they take more than 50% of screen (+header).

In general words - it is wasting of the page's space.

As well I'm wondering about forum's width - it is only 762 px (app. +\- 3 px). So, mainly visitors are watching blank space on screen. In past it was OK - old spacing btw elements, made forum more packed with info.

But with new layout it become even worse: only about 15% space is useful for visitor (fig.1)

Modern websites have design 960 px in width, or even with 1120px.

Please take a look at pic 2. It is my offer for "quick renovation" - just to move adv. to side and fill 960 px + make forum more useful on user's first screen.

Sorry for my limited English. I don't want to be rude :) and I respect efforts of owners to make forum better. If owners need some assistance and help in redesign - just drop me note :)

post-10479-0-64897900-1327083634.gif

post-10479-0-35700100-1327083649.gif

Guest fountainhall

As well I'm wondering about forum's width - it is only 762 px (app. +\- 3 px). So, mainly visitors are watching blank space on screen.

Moses makes a very useful point. With computer screens now much wider than before, why waste so much useful - and potentially valuable (if more ads can be secured) - space?