Guest fountainhall

fridae.com changes to fridae.asia

Guest fountainhall

Just for information, as a result of a management change the Asian social networking site that is based in Singapore fridae.com has just changed to fridae.asia

http://www.fridae.asia/announcements/fridaeasia/20111115.html

I have often mentioned this site in my trip reports. It boasts half a million members around the world, most in Asia and the majority being of Chinese ethnic origin and those who enjoy their company. For anyone travelling around the region, I have found it is an extremely useful site for hooking up with guys. I even have guys from as far away as Vancouver and Sydney getting in touch from time to time! For those only visiting Thailand, there is also quite a reasonable Thailand section.

Like many similar sites, you can gain access to a limited amount of fridae

Guest fountainhall

I saw Stuart Koe's comments last week - and was baffled by them. Then the site was still fridae.com and I assumed it was his. Now even that has changed to fridae.net where his leaving statement can be read in full. In that, he states he co-founded fridae in 2000 with a Mark Henderson and a Robert Yeoh. Since they are not on the present Board, I assume they left some time ago. Why? we are not told.

What really confuses me is his blaming the Board. Since he was a co-founder, then he (and surely also his co-founders) would have had a majority shareholding and so would have appointed the initial Board. I realise shareholdings can be diluted over time, but part of the business of running a company is ensuring that you get the right people on to your Board - at least to the extent that you have a majority behind you. Something clearly went wrong as fridae must have been making a very decent profit. Sounds a bit like the Facebook issue with co-founder Eduardo Saverin. Presumably time will reveal more.