Guest fountainhall

Confusing - or Clever?

Guest fountainhall

I like logos. A clean-lined, crisp and evocative logo can greatly enhance whatever company or individual is using it. Today, I came across one in BK magazine that was simply downright confusing. I was sure it must be trying to be clever by making it look like stylised Thai characters - or even Chinese ones. It was only when I looked at the rest of the ad that I realised what it is. Confusing logos just defeat their purpose, if you ask me!

post-1892-005133300 1315245121.jpg

Confusing logos just defeat their purpose, if you ask me!

I fall blissfully unaware into the confused camp.

It must be an interesting and probably well-paid job designing corporate logos. Ditto advertising of any description.

In another topic, the lack of advertising on certain kinds of transport in Bangkok was

mentioned. You would think the advertising agencies would pester the living daylights out of the transport authorities to make sure all available space was put to good use.

Guest fountainhall

you might like reading this article and seeing some of the subliminal messages in logos

Fascinating! i must have seen that Fedex logo hundreds of times and never even noticed the arrow! Same with the Tour de France. But at least it's very clear what these logos represent. With the logo I posted, I can't see much subtlety, and for a long time I couldn't work out what it was all about!

It was only when I looked at the rest of the ad that I realised what it is. Confusing logos just defeat their purpose, if you ask me!

It took me a few tries to figure it out too. I finally did, but I won't post it because I don't want to spoil it for others.

I've sent you a PM just so you know I really did figure it out.

Guest thaiworthy

The logo I liked the best is the NW airlines logo. I have always liked it. Simple, appropriate, dual purpose functionality with the compass end of the letter "N."

A lot of logos in the gay web have chopped heads. Why is that? Even the GayThailand logo features two lithe, but headless figures. I like seeing the heads. Would it lead one into thinking that gay people are only interested in good bodies most and faces least?

gaythailandlogo.jpg

And then of course, there's Fountainhall's avatar. While not a logo, where's that face? Does he have a kisser that looks like a hundred miles of bad road? I've always wanted the see the head on that gorgeous body. Did you remove it or did you acquire it that way? :wub:

Guest fountainhall

And then of course, there's Fountainhall's avatar. While not a logo, where's that face?

Whilst flattered anyone would think that at my age my body might look even remotely like the one in the avatar, I own up to its being 'lifted' from somewhere (the avatar, that is) - but I am not sure where as it was so long ago! And it had no face, as I recall. On the other hand, I think my face does not betray my age nearly as much as my body. But that, until we meet - whenever that may be - will remain hidden! For I am shy :lol:

For interest, Gaybutton worked the logo out correctly.

Guest fountainhall

As several have guessed, the logo says PANORAMA. It's the restaurant in the Crowne Plaza hotel on Rama 4 in Bangkok - the one that used to be the Pan Pacific.