Guest fountainhall

US Hurricane "Warning "from God!"

Guest fountainhall

Of all the inane, childish, idiotic, ridiculous comments we have heard from politicians of all persuasions, surely the recent one from Republican Presidential contender Michele Bachmann has to be up there near the top -

. . . Hurricane Irene and last week's earthquake are messages from God to warn politicians to start heeding divine guidance.

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians," the third-term congresswoman from Minnesota said. "We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?'"

"Listen to the American people, because the American people are roaring right now," Bachmann continued. "They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending."

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/29014087/detail.html

"Divine Guidance?" My ass! If that's the case, then "God" has had it in for Asia for millennia. Typhoons, cyclones and earthquakes are a regular monthly occurrence in this part of the world. Do we blame "God" for them? No! Our worries are far more mundane. After Taiwan was lashed yesterday by the much stronger Typhoon Namnadol than Hurricane Irene, one of the stories in the Taipei Times was this -

Sales of mooncakes made by people with disabilities have not only lagged behind those of last year, but they are even worse than in 2009, when Typhoon Morakot devastated parts of southern Taiwan

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2011/08/30/2003512027

Can hoardes of decent US citizens actually believe Bachmann's sanctimonious crap to be true? Are they now holed up in their basements awaiting the locusts, the frogs, the lice, the unhealable boils and other Biblical plagues that will descend upon the God-fearing US of A if nothing is done about the budget deficit?

Sorry "God", I did not mean, as Bachmann has done, to take Your name in vain!

Can hoardes of decent US citizens actually believe Bachmann's sanctimonious crap to be true?

Sadly, the answer to that is "yes." And one begins to understand how really bad Bachmann is when you occasionally hear people say after being exposed to Bachmann that Sarah Palin in comparison is looting "better!" I somewhat twist the old adage about "you can't fool all the people all the time" to the current version of "many of the people are fools much of the time." That's the only way I can explain the general tenor of current American politics, especially within the Republican party. It's really that bad.

Anyone who states the Hurricane is a "Warning from God" would ideally never be elected in a position of responsibility. Lets hope there are better candidates out there.

Guest fountainhall

Let's not forget that Ms. Bachmann only follows in her mentor's footsteps. According to one of John McCain's top aides, when Sarah Palin was asked to become McCain's running mate in 2008, she said "It's God's plan!" :wacko:

I remember ages ago when a very young and (then) cute Michael Chang won the French Open Tennis Championship - still, I believe, the youngest player ever to win a Grand Slam event. In his speech he thanked God for helping him to win the title. Andre Agassi, himself no stranger to God!, was later to say of that comment - if God loves us all, why would he help Michael Chang to win and not his opponent? :o

In fact, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal when his autobiography Open was published 2 years ago, he went further - "it irritated the hell out of me that Michael Chang prayed and thanked God for his wins."

And just as an interesting aside, in that autobiography he reveals, "Jimmy Connors blew me off, at 18 years old, in the locker room before we went out to play the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open." :p Well, at 18, Agassi was a handsome kid with long golden locks. He was everyone's heartthrob - but Jimmy Connors???

post-1892-087043100 1314767763.jpg