TotallyOz

The 500 baht virgin

Guest mauRICE
And very admirable of you Maurice but you have missed my point in your bid to show that Hedda has a heart-stopping total of 3 fans.

There is a significant silent following to this and other boards who do not post out of fear of being ridiculed by the 'good heart' mafia. I know because I've received possibly hundreds of personal messages and e-mails from them over the last eight years thanking me for providing alternative views to many of the gay Thailand issues we've discussed. Many of them think highly of Hedda but in a world that celebrates mediocrity and popularity, they'd rather conform than appear 'uncool'.

I questioned some of Hedda's conclusions and ideas-not his writing style. He responded with an attack upon the way I construct a paragraph, rather than respond to my thoughts. Having battled with him on previous boards I know that is his method .

So this is personal. Firstly, I don't agree that "that is his method." When Hedda disagrees, he states his reasons why and always substantiates them. Some verbal pirouette many be thrown in at the end for that final zing. It's not just his style but his erudition that makes his posts so cogent. He has on more than one occasion conceded a point or two, which is the mark of a gentleman debater who is interested in furthering knowledge, not one's festering, damaged ego over one's self-confessed inadequacies of style.

Secondly, this has been one of the most interesting threads this fledgling board has ever had with passionate arguments (and innuendo) from both sides of the jaidii coin. Initially, I rolled my eyes when I saw GT's opening post - I thought it was going to be another GT tearjerker confession of the week. But this thread has evolved into a discussion about the causes and effects of prostitution, our role as punters, saints and sinners and even the price of virginity. What was your first post to this thread about? It was an outright attack on Hedda ~ Hedda said this and Hedda said that ~ suggesting a history of personal antagonism with Hedda. If this effects you as badly as you make it out to be, then take it up with him in private instead of derailing this thread with your personal issues.

I wouldn't be recommending any student cousin of mine to join a conga line of suckholes ( nice phrase but not mine) to admire a man who is incapable of argument without resorting to personal attacks.

Which means you wouldn't recommend yourself to, I presume, your mature-age student cousins because you've provided precious little other than personal attacks to this thread. Now, I don't know what kind of 'hole' that makes you.

If your young cousins are attending a college that can only hear these views via a gay board in Thailand-I'd actually be recommending they change school.

I'll be sure to let them know, as another piece of recommendation from a 'new' poster on a gay board in Thailand.

Guest Pearl69er

He has on more than one occasion conceded a point or two, which is the mark of a because you've provided little other than personal attacks to this thread. Now, I don't know what kind of 'hole' that makes you.

I'll be sure to let them know, as another piece of recommendation from a two-bit poster with a 'new' identity on a gay board in Thailand.

mauRICE : put a f****** cork in if you don't have the good grace to read Hedda's attacks on me and address the content rather than the person.

I am not here as a pesonal crusade against your hero-but from experience I won't be taking the personal rubbish he dishes out and I think a straw poll would put me in the majority.

You, like the administrator need to go back and read the interaction between Hedda and I or quit commenting because you are both looking like fools .

I did not attack Hedda-I commented on the his ideas. He responded with his usual vitrioloic attack ( which I have experienced previously elsewhere ) upon my writing style. The man's a

bully from behind the safety of a computer screen but because you may not have experienced his lash doesn't make it not true.

Now I don't give a flying f*** what he thinks about how I write nor do I believe that he is God's gift to literature but are a frigging hypocrit because you accuse me of personal insults when that is not true. It is he that attacked me-not the other way around or are you blind ?.

When I am attacked for no reason-and I do not consider an attack upon my style as a good enough reason particular by a self proclaimed expert like Hedda-I shall respond likewise.

That's what it says about me..

and what this says about you is that you cannot be bothered to do your research before you comment so you are certainly a sutiable candidate for Hedda's small conga line. You and the administrator owe me an apology for attacking me without having the decency to bother even reading what went before but that will never happen.

And I do not have a "new" identity on this board-this is the only name I have and I have only just discovered the board. So drop the priggish atitude dear.

And I ain't going away so get used to it.

Guest Pearl69er

There is a significant silent following to this and other boards who do not post out of fear of being ridiculed by the 'good heart' mafia. I know because I've received possibly hundreds of personal messages and e-mails from them over the last eight years thanking me for providing alternative views to many of the gay Thailand issues we've discussed. Many of them think highly of Hedda but in a world that celebrates mediocrity and popularity, they'd rather conform than appear 'uncool'.

So this is personal. Firstly, I don't agree that "that is his method." When Hedda disagrees, he states his reasons why and always substantiates them. Some verbal pirouette many be thrown in at the end for that final zing. It's not just his style but his erudition that makes his posts so cogent. He has on more than one occasion conceded a point or two, which is the mark of a gentleman debater who is interested in furthering knowledge, not one's festering, damaged ego over one's self-confessed inadequacies of style.

Secondly, this has been one of the most interesting threads this fledgling board has ever had with passionate arguments (and innuendo) on both sides of the jaidii coin. Initially, I rolled my eyes when I saw GT's opening post - I thought it was going to be another GT tearjerker confession of the week. But this thread has evolved into a discussion about the causes and effects of prostitution, our role as punters, saints and sinners and even the price of virginity. What was your first post to this thread about? It was an outright attack on Hedda ~ Hedda said this and Hedda said that, suggesting a history of personal antagonism with Hedda. If this effects you as badly as you make it out to be, then take it up with him in private instead of derailing this thread with your personal issues.

Which means you wouldn't recommend yourself to, I presume, your mature-age student cousins because you've provided precious little other than personal attacks to this thread. Now, I don't know what kind of 'hole' that makes you.

I'll be sure to let them know, as another piece of recommendation from a 'new' poster on a gay board in Thailand.

What a strange board..messages appear and disappear.

Gaybutton : are you going to allow me to defend myself or keep deleting messages ?

As people in Pattaya know who I am personally I am not about to allow this board or any other to let members post derogatory posts about me and allow them to stand without the right of reply.

You either delete the lot or allow me to reply to my attackers ( sans profanity).

mauRICE: I have no idea who you are but you need to go back and read my posts and Hedda's responses. You will then see that I merely reply to his very personal insults to me, and in doing so ask him to respond to content only.

Guest Snowkat

On the other hand, I and some others do know Hedda's identity and can well remember his vindictive personal attacks on a couple of posters on other boards-some that have ended in highly charged circumstances and fears of retribution.

The conga line of suckholes gets longer.

I don't know how but this thread has been highjacked by Pearl69er and become a bitching-fest with Pearl69er venting his spleen against Hedda on one side and others (including me) who think that Hedda has a gifted writing style which makes her contributions to any board of value. (Incidentally if Pearl69er thinks that makes me a suckhole so be it but I can assure him that I have never participated in anal/oral intercourse - something which he appears to know a lot about).

Pearl69er obviously has a long-standing and bitter dispute with Hedda and is waging his vendetta in public. If he dislikes Hedda so much he should carry it or resolve it by Private Message to Hedda and allow the rest of us to get on enjoying the board without his vitriolic outpourings against Hedda and her supporters.

For the Moderators. This thread went off topic a long time ago. It is about time it was closed.

Guest queenann

I don't know how but this thread has been highjacked by Pearl69er and become a bitching-fest with Pearl69er venting his spleen against Hedda on one side sly has a long-standing and bitter dispute with Hedda and is waging his vendetta in public. If he dislikes Hedda so much he should carry it or resolve it by Private Message to Hedda and allow the rest of us to get on enjoying the board without his vitriolic outpourings against Hedda and her supporters.

That is on target. Pearl69er seems obsessed with Hedda in a most unhealthy way.

Gaybutton : are you going to allow me to defend myself or keep deleting messages ?

You either delete the lot or allow me to reply to my attackers ( sans profanity).

You and I have already communicated via the private messaging system as to why one of your messages on this thread was deleted. We do not delete messages frivolously or without cause.

As for "You either delete the lot or allow me to reply to my attackers ( sans profanity)," the moderators will be the ones who will set policy as to how to run this message board, thank you very much.

If you and those disputing you wish to continue, it is up to the owner of this message board as to how far to let it continue. My personal opinion . . . enough already.

Guest mauRICE

Stef, your comments are diplomatic...I would like to see your French manners rub off on some posters.

Anne Dear

It's not his manners that they want rubbing off on themselves. :blush:

Guest Pearl69er

You and I have already communicated via the private messaging system as to why one of your messages on this thread was deleted. We do not delete messages frivolously or without cause.

As for "You either delete the lot or allow me to reply to my attackers ( sans profanity)," the moderators will be the ones who will set policy as to how to run this message board, thank you very much.

If you and those disputing you wish to continue, it is up to the owner of this message board as to how far to let it continue. My personal opinion . . . enough already.

Enough already is correct-and as I pointed out you are failing to let me answer my critics yet you allow them to cnotinue.

FAR from "venting my spleen" as a poster claims I have been defending myself whch if anyone has takes the time to go back they will see that I have been replying to Hedda's continued atacks upon my style of writing NOT upon my comments about the original subject.

That is what I am continuing to post until you either delete all personal comments about me or let my defence stand.

That is what is fair.