TotallyOz

The 500 baht virgin

Guest pete1969

With the "up to you" system, this is a two way street. Some farang do not give good tips to the boys, and some boys do not give very good service to the farang or try to cheat them in other ways. Not every Thai boy is a saint, nor is every Thai boy out to cheat farangs. The same can be said of farang.

I try to tip depending on the established level of the place where I am at. I also try to show respect for the boy I am with. I don't tip very well if I don't get the service I was promised, and I let the boy know why. I have learned to spell out what I want before I take a guy off. From what I've been told, I am like a majority of the farang (I tip fairly for serviced rendered and am nice to the boys I take).

This boy learned a valuable lesson right away. Some farang are not as nice and don't tip as fairly. It takes a long time for some farang to learn that some boys are not as nice and don't play very fairly. From what I know, 500 baht in Pattaya in low season is not unheard of but does seem a bit miserly. However, I don't understand why some posters thing the farang needs to be lynched. "Up to you" means just that.

Prostitution in Thailand is an interesting business for all parties involved.

Pete

Guest Pearl69er

Jomtien is correct..let's stop calling them "cheap Charlies". How about "hideous Heddas "?.

Hedda comes out with some bizarre and conflicting views that like so many others, reflect rules from that book of sexual laws that no-one has yet laid eyes on..

He denounces Gaythailand for "offing" the boy at the same time as accusing the lad of wanton commercial exploitation by selling his body ( insinuating that this means he deserves whatever bad behaviour should be inflicted upon him )-thus no-one is correct in the relationship according to Hedda.

Sadly exploitaton is fairly common throughout this planet and is not confined to poorer countries or the sex trade as bosses in the West are just as capable of exploiting workers and if there were no rules to protect those workers, they would undoubtdly fare even worse.

At least in Gaythailand's case the boy found a more generous partner and a possible friend, in the mutually agreed arrangement and this fortunately for some in the trade can be the case.

Others accuse him of being had as a sucker thereby reducing all Thais to avaricious and deceiving souls as though there could never be one who is genuinely moved or affected by contact with a farang.

Hedda's exhortations to Gaythailand to clean up all the other ills of Pattaya because of his touching story are even stranger, particularly as he gives no examples of his own saintly efforts in this regard.

Why someone who believes this and chooses to live in a country which is populated by manipulating locals and foolish farangs is odd.

I get the distinct impression that Pearl69 may be posting under a number of handles on this board, maybe even within this one thread. There aren't many people who can butcher prose like that, let me tell you.

I love living in Thailand for the life style it can provide, when I want it, and no number of manipulating locals, foolish farangs or incoherent writers can change that.

Guest Pearl69er

"I get the distinct impression that Pearl69 may be posting under a number of handles on this board, maybe even within this one thread. There aren't many people who can butcher prose like that, let me tell you. " quote from Hideous Hedda

Completely incorrect Hedda. I post in one name only. You should try it sometime.

As for commenting on other's writing style , it seems you are back on your favourite hobby horse as "prose monitor". Anyone would think your words of wisdom should be enshrined for eternity the way you attach such great importance to you own words with an ego unmatched by any other poster.

Despite your very bad pun-I am not LMTU and I'm sure he would be horrified to be mistaken for me.

I've resisted joining the fray for some time, but the solution to the "problem" seems quite clear to me. If as Hedda experiences, there are many gogo boys who fail to perform as she wishes why not set the parameters with the boy before leaving the bar. Hedda's method seems to be akin to going to a restaurant and telling the waiter, "bring me some food" and then grousing because it wasn't to your liking. If you tell that waiter to bring you steak and he shows up with fish, he should not be surprised if you elect not to pay for what you didn't order.

However, while I recognize that for some customers the exchange is merely one of purchasing a piece of meat with which to release lust, that does not have to be the only reward. Some of us actually enjoy the opportunity to establish a relationship of sorts with a handsome, fun loving, young man. The sex and the tip can be irrelevant when compared to the pleasure the relationship itself can provide - be it for an hour or many years. It seems to me the focus on money and performance deprives both parties from enjoying this other pleasure.

Hedda's method seems to be akin to going to a restaurant and telling the waiter, "bring me some food" and then grousing because it wasn't to your liking.

The last time I looked, offing a boy at a bar involved inspecting the fare in person, on stage and up close and personal, so the comparison to ordering "food" without a menu is hardly valid.

When it comes to why I'm there, however, I admit that I don't usually want to become friends or have a relationships with the lobsters, steaks or any other special of the evening that I crave.

In any event, it's nice to see RichLB back in the posting game again.

Completely incorrect Hedda. I post in one name only. You should try it sometime

For someone who only registered that name 12 days ago, you certainly have arrived with a chip on your monitor, dear. If you're that new to posting, then I'm getting too old to spot an obvious phoney.

May I suggest you at least let your keyboard and temper cool down for more than 13 minutes before you change names and post again. Your prose, or what passes for same, is worse than leaving fingerprints. Perhaps you should use gloves when you type.

I would bet the farm that when you say you post in one name only . . . you mean one name at a time. Indeed, if you take a look at your four posts since registering that name last week, it's quite obvious how self-promoting you are when it comes to LMTU and Earwig, among others.

I realize that pests like earwigs do come in many varieties, some with wings, some with stripes on their abdomens, some are dark brown, some lighter. But they're still all earwigs, dear, no matter what stripes, colors or handles they're sporting, so why bother with the masquerade ?

I use the name Hedda only, and if you don't believe me, the moderators of this site have my permission to confirm that with their IP trace. And the reason I attach importance to words is because that's all there is here on posting boards, dear, in case you hadn't noticed.

If you want to play scrabble that badly, buy your own game rather than using this poor board for practice. You can be entertaining, but not when you keep looking for your own reflections in the pool.

Some may find that it improves reading this forum by skipping some poster's mesages. I do.

Ignoring

Click on "My Controls" upper left portion of the page

Click on "Manage Ignored Users" left hand column low on the page

Insert the user name of the person to be ignored or search it up and then click on save and you are no longer bothered by that persons posts.

Guest Pearl69er

'I'm getting too old to spot an obvious phoney"..your eyesight must be failing with age..look a little closer in the mirror.

I may be new to this board but I'm not new to your bitching.

My doctor tells me I'm the size of an elephant but I also have a memory like one and never forget..unlike your mammoth sized ego about your jottings. By all means attack the content of my posts but give up on the style wars-you will be at the end of a very long queue when they're handing out Pulitzers.

You may well believe words are important but it's what one says with them that really counts and you seem to believe yours are pure gold. I doubt others share that view and it's a tad unseemly to keep pushing the point of your belief in your own superiority in composition.

I will say it one more time: I am me, myself and I . I'm not in the habit of writing messages and then replying to myself under another name.

You may well believe words are important but it's what one says with them that really counts

If that's not a Dame Edna quote, it should be. As is, I'm not sure whether to attribute it in the posting hall of fame to Earwig, LMTU or Pearl69er.

Could we have the envelope please ?

Guest Pearl69er

"If that's not a Dame Edna quote, it should be. "

you can attribute it to no-one but me as I am not the others.

Dame Edna ?.I'll take that as a compliment as her creator is an aknowledged genius in his command of the English language.

When you knock others for their writing which is the same as expressing a vast superiority in yourself-to use another quote :you have as much front as Blackpool.(which looks prety shoddy these days)

Similar to Sir Les Patterson and with about as much subtelty and style.

Guest tdperhs

What is the big deal about virgins and newbies to the trade? I picked up one of those once from Atom Bomb, not because he was new but because he was hot looking. But in the sack he was the quintessential dud. I wasn't into anything that would cause pain, but he did not seem to be into anything more than being horizontal. At that time I customarily tipped 1k baht. In this case, I gave him only 700. On the other hand I have paid asmuch as 2k for a hottie who changed my religion. I would not pay an apprentice mechanic the same rate I would a seasoned veteran.

Guest punlman

The idea of a mimimum fee for a boy..... PLUS tip.... is a great thought --- one I agree with wholeheartedly.

The problem is one of economics though.

They are far too needy to risk losing a single customer.

Even if they have to be abused for only 500 baht, they are really not in an economic position to refuse...

Maybe I understand more because I've been there myself before..... or pretty close to it.

What is the big deal about virgins and newbies to the trade? I picked up one of those once from Atom Bomb, not because he was new but because he was hot looking. But in the sack he was the quintessential dud. I wasn't into anything that would cause pain, but he did not seem to be into anything more than being horizontal. At that time I customarily tipped 1k baht. In this case, I gave him only 700. On the other hand I have paid asmuch as 2k for a hottie who changed my religion. I would not pay an apprentice mechanic the same rate I would a seasoned veteran.

I learned very quickly the importance of the THREE-PRONGED attack.... to the situation.

(1) Watch them on stage. Pay close attention to how they dance, and more importantly, how they look at you. Someone told me, "You don't pick the boy. HE picks YOU." It will tell you lots about how things will go later.

(2) Talk to the mama-son. Tell "her" EXACTLY what you'd like to do. EXACTLY what you like, and don't like.... She will not lead you wrong.

(3) Sit and talk with the boy for a long time before leaving. Talk about everything. If he's not into you, as much as you are into him,.... It's probably not going to be the best match.

I had AMAZING fun.... I broke at least two hearts... And had mine broken at least a bit...

Sharing LOVE is what it's all about. There is no limit to how much love you can share. And money represents human energy. You are extremely honored to have it.... so that you can GIVE it....

Guest punlman

PS - re: ignoring

This is the aspect which is the main thing that turns me off to message boards / forums, in general -- the petty bickering that invariably arrises due to hyper-sensitive childish hurt egos.

I ignore those messages the old fashioned way -- using by mind -- without the need for software features.

Guest mauRICE
You may well believe words are important but it's what one says with them that really counts and you seem to believe yours are pure gold. I doubt others share that view and it's a tad unseemly to keep pushing the point of your belief in your own superiority in composition.

I think Hedda uses words succintly to put forth his arguments. His prose is highly entertaining and accessible yet far from pedestrian. His use of literary and historical metaphors is incomparable. If only more socio-political commentators wrote like Hedda then maybe we can get our young people to be more interested in history and current affairs instead of all the gossip and reality TV rubbish that they feed themselves with these days. It is for this reason that I routinely email Hedda's write-ups on the Middle East crisis to my friends and college-age cousins and it's always greatly appreciated.

I'm not alone in my views. Gaybutton has recently praised Hedda's writing on Baht-Stop.com and so has Gaypattayan in his last weekly report. They are both serious and respected posters on these forums. RichLB in his private chats with me used to say how much he envied Hedda's analytical and writing abilities. Khunying Sanitree na Pakin, the late zzz and even the Mother Hydra herself had acknowledged Hedda's gift.

I will say it one more time: I am me, myself and I . I'm not in the habit of writing messages and then replying to myself under another name.

So, that's at least three "others" who've shown their admiration for Hedda's composition skills. I'd say we are even with your three detractors ("me, myself and I"). I'm certainly no elephant but I have a good memory too.

(2) Talk to the mama-son. Tell "her" EXACTLY what you'd like to do. EXACTLY what you like, and don't like.... She will not lead you wrong.

That's not always the case, but when you do manage to find a good, helpful mama-san, I think it is a good idea to make sure she is well tipped. That would involve a second stop at that bar because you won't know how good the mama-san's advice was until after you have "offed" the boy. I think it is worth the effort and money to see that a good mama-san is tipped. That way you will be remembered, the mama-san will be even more helpful, and will be encouraged to be helpful to others.

It's the pushy, rude mama-sans that I can do without, but the truly helpful ones are worth their weight in gold.

Guest Pearl69er

So, that's at least three "others" who've shown their admiration for Hedda's composition skills. I'd say we are even with your three detractors ("me, myself and I"). I'm certainly no elephant but I have a good memory too.

And very admirable of you Maurice but you have missed my point in your bid to show that Hedda has a heart-stopping total of 3 fans.

I questioned some of Hedda's conclusions and ideas-not his writing style. He responded with an attack upon the way I construct a paragraph, rather than respond to my thoughts. Having battled with him on previous boards I know that is his method .

He also accuses me of writing on here under other names-another falsehood. I wouldn't be recommending any student cousin of mine to join a conga line of suckholes ( nice phrase but not mine) to admire a man who is incapable of argument without resorting to personal attacks.

n.b There are many opinions that Hedda expresses that I am entirely in agreement with but these views are hardly revolutionary. If your young cousins are attending a college that can only hear these views via a gay board in Thailand-I'd actually be recommending they change school.

Guest queenann

I am new to this board. I am new to Thailand Looking over the posts I see much that is well thought out and sensible, even if I do not agree with all. But what I do not understand is the mean attitudes of some posters. Hedda's posts are well written and logical. And yet they seem to generate hate. Why?

I am new to this board. I am new to Thailand Looking over the posts I see much that is well thought out and sensible, even if I do not agree with all. But what I do not understand is the mean attitudes of some posters.

Welcome to the world of "Gay Drama Rama" . You just landed on a different planet and it is full of drama.

No matter how much you will fight to stay away from it, you will always find it. That it is in Thailand or in Europe.. wherever you are, Gay Drama is all around. It is means and it is dirty. I have got used to it... Be prepared. There are great posters and great threads.. Please forget the other Blah Blah Blah attitude..

Hedda's posts are well written and logical. And yet they seem to generate hate. Why?

I totally agree with it. I have friends that dislike Hedda and not sure why.

But I always find his posts really well written and all the time it make senses.

And one of the thing I admire the most, is the way he answers to the "Mean posts" from others in the most diplomatic way without using "insults" as some other does.

Do I agree with it all ? Well everybody can have his own opinion.. and I am not going to hate the person for it...

Guest Pearl69er

I totally agree with it. I have friends that dislike Hedda and not sure why.

But I always find his posts really well written and all the time it make senses.

And one of the thing I admire the most, is the way he answers to the "Mean posts" from others in the most diplomatic way without using "insults" as some other does.

Odd stuff coming from an administrator.. you must be wearing rose tinted spectacles or haven't taken the time to read his responses fully.

Far from others being "mean posts from others" you need to investigate a little closer and read what he dishes out. In many instances they are extremely personal considering he has no idea of who the poster is. ( or does he ?)

On the other hand, I and some others do know Hedda's identity and can well remember his vindictive personal attacks on a couple of posters on other boards-some that have ended in highly charged circumstances and fears of retribution.

The conga line of suckholes gets longer.

you must be wearing rose tinted spectacles or haven't taken the time to read his responses fully.

You are probably right, I haven't read all his posts. Well at least the one that was involving threads that had nothing to do with Thailand.

I usually don't stick around long when it comes to childish game between adults..

Would I want to read that type of posts ? Not really...

Far from others being "mean posts from others" you need to investigate a little closer and read what he dishes out. In many instances they are extremely personal considering he has no idea of who the poster is. ( or does he ?)

I haven't read hedda's posts from all forums other that most of them here in this forum.

But still here, he always write with that perfect english using a vocabulary that is probably unknown to mine, that I might no get the point right away..

But when I do get the point, I am pretty amazed on how easy his point gets acrross. I always end up with a smile... why that ? Go figure... Not that I totally agree with it but at least .. I respect what I have seen so far..

On the other hand, I and some others do know Hedda's identity and can well remember his vindictive personal attacks on a couple of posters on other boards-some that have ended in highly charged circumstances and fears of retribution.

I can't comment on that as I have no clue on what you are talking about. But I haven't been around the block for long.. so again... I probably did not see such things... especially if it happens on other boards.....

Guest queenann

Stef, your comments are diplomatic. I know you have had plenty of experience with the vicious gay back biting, perhaps some in Las Vegas. I would like to see your French manners rub off on some posters.