TotallyOz

Bangkok's Best Burgers

Guest ryanasia

Michaels post about Firehouse is about 4 years ago. I believe there has been an ownership change accounting for the mixed reviews.

I had been a few times long time ago, but have heard not as good now.

Thanks for that. I usually make burgers at home. The buns are the hard part here.

The last time I ate at Firehouse the service went down a great deal. The burger was just OK.  It was not excellent.  Most places change over time.  Firehouse is one of them. However, every time I go, they are busy.

Daniel Thaiger Beef Burger

From the article: Why it’s important: The burger truck pioneer is the epitome of good ingredients and good value. It’s also the burger of the people, scooping top honors in BK’s Readers’ Choice Awards 2018.

What it tastes like: These buttery, greasy, no-nonsense handfuls of meat, cheese and brioche have gone down in Bangkok folklore. A chargrilled beef patty that’s perfectly seasoned, slices of unmelted cheddar, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, and their signature Thaiger sauce all served between a Conkey’s brioche bun. As a combo, it’s hard to beat.

Truck: Sukhumvit Soi 30/1, 084-549-0995 

Restaurants: 30 Sukhumvit Soi 11, 02-255-5532

I have had at least 40 burgers from Daniel Thaiger and they were all excellent. The food is great and the trip is always well worth it. If you come to Bangkok and want to taste a good burger, give this a try!

Daniel Thaiger's truck is moving to Silom (Silom Soi 8).  I think their regular schedule is Tuesday-Sunday 4:00 - 10:00?.  One day a week they used to be at Sathorn Square, but they are no longer going to be at Sathorn Square at all.  

They are good at updating social media on when the truck is off doing special events and not where it should be.  Worth checking if you intend to go.

The brick-and-mortar shop in Thonglor remains.  

Facebook