Guest fountainhall

Moscow Sex Museum Shows Phallic US/Russia Battle!

Guest fountainhall

The latest addition to the sights in Moscow has some interesting exhibits, including -

Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin doing battle with oversized penises – welcome to Moscow's first sex museum . . .

The museum's main draw is an oil painting by St Petersburg artist Vera Donskaya-Khilko titled Wrestling (2011). The canvas is dominated by Putin and Obama, standing face to face as they prepare to do battle with their enormous penises. To make clear who stands stronger, Putin has two (one red, the other green). "Putin has two members, as a symbol of hyperpotency, a symbol of the gray cardinal," the wall text reads.

Paintings of orgies, mermaids with two sets of breasts and men serving cocktails on their erections compete for attention with sculptures of different species of animals engaging in sex. Glass cases hold Soviet condoms ("From the Bakovsky Factory, Size 2, two roubles"), Soviet-era art deco Vaseline tins and old Russian pamphlets on "women's illnesses".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2011/jul/12/moscow-sex-museum-sparks-controversy

The Obama/Putin photo at http://www.artinfo.com/news/story/38096/see-highlights-from-moscows-new-sex-museum-where-art-politics-and-coitus-engage-in-an-unholy-threesome/

I'll be making a trip to Moscow in September and will try and take some photos - if the Museum is still open!

I'll be making a trip to Moscow in September and will try and take some photos - if the Museum is still open!

It is just small kitsch museum for tourists.

Check this list:

- Ostankino TV tower (545m) with restaurant at 333 m (some parts of floor are transparent (glass))

- very close Ostankino palace and museum of russian history (17-19 centuries)

- Stalin's underground shelter (bunker)

- museum of "Cold War" in military shelter

- Moscow metro by night

- Tanks museum in Kubinka (30 km from Moscow) - if you will prep. in advance and have enough money - then you can order to drive tank and even to make shoot ($1000)

- Museum of diamonds in Kremlin (very limited offer coz of security reasosns they allow to visit about only 250 persons per day, 4 days at week)

Guest fountainhall

It is just small kitsch museum for tourists.

I'll go because it looks quite fun. I was in Moscow twice in the late-1980s and so have my list of things I want to see. I'm not sure about driving a tank, but the diamond museum sounds very interesting. Thanks.