Guest fountainhall

Titles - a New One on Me

Guest fountainhall

I guess we're used to Majesties, Royal Highnesses, Serene Highnesses, Holinesses, Worships - there are even Beatitudes in the Russian Orthodox Church. Searching on google today on a totally different subject, I found a reference to a title that's totally new to me - Tremendousness!

Mind you, I can only find one - and he died 2 years ago. His Tremendousness Giorgio Carbone was the head of a small village in Italy (population 364). In 1963 he claimed sovereignty from the Italian government, producing documents from the Vatican archives to prove that the village was never the property of the House of Savoy and therefore not part of the Kingdom of Italy after 1861. He insisted that Seborga had been a sovereign state since 954, a principality from 1079 and minted its own coins after 1666.

The villagers of Seborga, which lies near the picturesque Ligurian town of Bordighera, were enchanted by Carbone's quirkiness and he won 304 of a possible 308 votes to represent them. He was re-elected in 1995.

As His Highness Giorgio I, Prince of Seborga, Carbone did not draw a salary, but he could help himself to cheese and ham from the village shop without paying . . .

Carbone managed to convince around 20 states to recognise Seborga. "The first state to step forward and recognise us was one of those revolutionary ones: Burkina Faso," he said. Consular representation was maintained in 10 countries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/royalty-obituaries/6671765/His-Tremendousness-Giorgio-Carbone.html

I think this could be the start of a trend . . .

I think this could be the start of a trend . . .

Yes indeed, after reading all that I'm feeling a bit bored with plain Mister today - maybe I will dig around my home village and see what I can come up with.

Old Giorgio was a bit of a greedy guts: in addition to His Tremendousness, he was also His Highness Giorgio I, and the Prince of Seborga.

Be interesting to know if there was an heir. . .but even if there is a Giorgio II somewhere out there it would be his jolly rotten luck to an unassuming, reluctant heir - probably pretty UN-tremendous in fact.

How about Her Voluptuousness? - would have to be a woman really, don't think many men would fit the bill; the late George Melly maybe, or Barry Humphries (but he's already a 'Dame').

Guest thaiworthy

Actually, I am looking for the title well-endowdedousness. A deserved title for some boys I know already. Fortunately, they are not confined to one geographic region, but are very commanding wherever you find them. They have given me their sceptre willingly and I obey as a loyal subject. You can also recognize them by their royal insignia. Some call it a tattoo. Others may call it regalia genitalia. But to answer the question of how to address them, I usually respond with when and how much?