firecat69

Observatioms Pattaya

So my first night after elections and I would say the demise of Gay Pattaya is somewhat exaggerated.

First Gayromeo is alive and well with more boys then ever. Went to Sunee and arrived at YaYa at 830pm. Not too busy at that time but continued to pick up in the next hour. Wanted chicken fingers from Corner Bar but not available. Hope that is temporary.

YaYa so well run, cold towel, peanuts and good company with drink prices so low. Hard to complain.

Headed over to next Soi at 930pm and Ouds had a number of customers and very positive about the year being considerably busier then last year since low season started. Excellent food as always and then proceeded to Nice Boys but beer bar on Corner was very busy and still only 930pm

Nice Boys had at least 30 boys of various sizes and ages and about 12 customer when I walked in and continue to get busier over the next 45 minutes.

All and all I would say the well run Bars are doing ok and the rest are getting what they deserve.

Maybe more tomorrow from Boystown.

So my first night after elections and I would say the demise of Gay Pattaya is somewhat exaggerated.

I fully agree with you. This evening I didn't go into any of the go-go bars, but the beer bars all had plenty of customers and plenty of boys. In my opinion, those who insist Sunee Plaza is in its death throes are either people who either don't know what they're talking about or people with some sort of agenda to portray it that way. Nothing could be further from the reality.

All and all I would say the well run Bars are doing ok and the rest are getting what they deserve.

Firecat, thanks for the update on Pattaya. It is a fun city and I know you always give an unbiased opinion.

I agree with your statement the demise of the area is wrong and I'm glad you saw that. There are so many bars in Pattaya that they all can't do well all the time and it takes constant effort to make one succeed.

Good boys, good drinks at a reasonable price and you have a good key to success.

Try Wild West's Show when you are there. Only good reports so far!

OK so last night I checked out the Boystown area. Started at Happy Place at 830pm. Entered with a door man I knew and received a cold towel and peanuts with my diet coke. Nice Touch which I believe only Funnyboys does with Happy Place.

Maybe 12 boys of various types and music at fair level. Only 2 other customers but it was early and appears to be a well run bar with many promotions.

Next stuck my head in Copa. No customers and 8 boys. Walked by Street Life with only 2 customers and Panorama , Oscarss etc probably had a total of 10 customers . Very quiet. Walked by Vassa which was empty and 3 or 4 boys. Next stuck my head in Lucky Seven which had no customers so I passed and moved to Cupidol. They had 4 customers so I decided to buy a drink and look at the Boys.

Sad to say not much to look at IMHO. Pretty bad collection of 10-12 boys. Watched 6 customers walk into Lucky 7 so headed back over there . They turned out to be Arabs sitting in a corner and paying no attention to the boys. Of course there were on8-10 boys and not much worth looking at again IMHO.

Headed for XBoys where the 10pm show was about to start . I hate shows but was hoping to find some customers. Maybe 10 customers but 25-30 boys and some actually attractive boys. Show started promptly at 10pm with a Big C--- show and at least the first 2 guys easily qualified as the type Michael wants in his bed. Next was a F--- show which had a sheet being lowered and raised over the 2 boys. I was not close enough to see if it was simulation or not with the dim lights.

That was enough for me and so I headed to Wild West Boys for a show I understand is quite good. Have not been in there since the re-decoration which is Halloween and god knows what else inspired,. 8 customers at 10:20pm and 9 when the show started at 10:30pm. Nice costumes but the dancing was amateurish . Not sure how many boys because stage is so small never more then 6 on there when it is a GoGo. Will not return.

Did not attend Funnyboys because I already know Mama Rose will have a good selection and a clientele that visits and offs boys on a regular basis. Guess that is because they are usually satisfied which I can attest to.

Overall I would be more worried about Boystown area then Sunee. First because GoGo Bars are more expensive to operate then Beer Bars and because there are way too many Bars for the number of customers available.

So I will not return to Boystown this trip mainly because every boy I have seen from Gayromeo was better looking then any Boy I saw in this area and because it is fun to have customers at the bars I visit. About 1/2 the Bars would be fine. Looks like Happy Place would be fun later in the evening because it is evident the owner tries and has different promotions and music at a level that allows conversation. Xboys at least had a lot of Boys and the show was a little like BKK so probably worth a stop.

That's it for now!!

Overall I would be more worried about Boystown area then Sunee. First because GoGo Bars are more expensive to operate then Beer Bars and because there are way too many Bars for the number of customers available.

I have been saying that for a long time. Boyztown has been on the decline for years and only 2 bars I have seen are willing to try new things to change: Wild West and Happy Bar.

If they can't change, they are going to die and they seem unwilling to change.

I agree with you on Sunee and we have discussed this in the past. Sunee is full of expats and that is a steady flow and Boyztown is more tourists. But, there are groups in Pattaya that will only go to one area and not the other. On my recent stay in Pattaya, I went to Boyztown several times and was disappointed every time. They have too many bars and not enough boys.

As LMTU would say, fill a bar with sexy boys and the customers will come. Have reasonable prices and a fun atmosphere and the bar will be successful. I can't count the number of times I have been to Boyztown where the boys looked like they hated being on stage and had rather be anywhere else on earth.

Guest fountainhall

As LMTU would say, fill a bar with sexy boys and the customers will come.

I suspect LMTU would actually say "sexy men-boys" :p