gerefan

Heydey and La Cage

Was HeyGay right to publish about Mike ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Was HeyGay right to publish details about Mike?

Given the length and comments of the thread you're referring to, rehashing all that a second time might be another train wreck of sorts.

Publishing events of a bar closing, opening, menu, or whatever seems perfectly appropriate to me; however, publishing hearsay heard from barstaff or others about people's private issues (whether true or not) is beyond the pale from my point of view.

I would also rather the board didn't go down that direction. Should we permit gossip about peoples personal situations? Probably not.

It would be interesting to hear what everyone else thinks.

However, please avoid personal arguments in this thread.

I think the gossip is okay as long as real names are not used, be it a personal name or a business name. Some people will know who you are talking about because they have heard the same rumors, others will not and will probably care less.

I must admit that it can be tricky about using the board name. Some members are not anonymous, and their board names are better known, in some cases, as their real names. However, the member who has allowed his board name to become as well know as his real name is, in a sense, saying talk away I have nothing to hide.

Given the length and comments of the thread you're referring to, rehashing all that a second time might be another train wreck of sorts.

Publishing events of a bar closing, opening, menu, or whatever seems perfectly appropriate to me; however, publishing hearsay heard from barstaff or others about people's private issues (whether true or not) is beyond the pale from my point of view.

I heard one bar in Chiang Mai had a customer named Bob that went for a drink at the bar one night. He got so drunk that he ended up banging the bartender right on the bar. The bartender did not want to loose his job so he continued mixing drinks while the pounding was underway. (Health officials have declined comment on whether or not any unforeseen liquids were mixed with the expected liquids)

Bob, being a rambunctious character then took on the entire waiter crew on the stage. This infuriated the gogo boys when then joined in on the shenanigans. Needless to say, all hell broke loose (not the only thing loose that night). The end result was the owner of the bar closed for the night and decided he was done with Thailand and customers who feel they had a right to do whatever they wanted in his bar. Bob (not his real name according to my spies) then bought the bar and lived happily ever after.

At least that is the way I heard the story the other night sitting at the Corner Bar in Pattaya! ;)

Guest fountainhall

No posting of gossip is acceptable.

I basically agree. There is one grey area, though. Presumably, repetition here of what might be termed as gossip which has been aired in the public media is acceptable. But I assume that repetition of gossip printed in other gay Boards and blogs is not acceptable? Since we know that some posters post on more than one Board, sometimes under different handles, the same person could be behind both the initial report and the repetition here.

Guest HeyGay

As far as me relaying what happened at the La Cage Bar, I was only stating the Information the Owner told me, not his ex-boyfriend MIKE, it was not hearsay, gossip or malicious title tattle. Joe the real owner of The La Cage Bar freely admits to having a serious Gambling Habit and tells me and any one who he is friends with, he run up gambling dept. and charged them to his bar, if you care to go to City Hall as I have already stated, your see on paper and that's all you need in a Court of law, he is the owner, as far and the very nice Mike is Concerned, well obviously he has had enough of playing second fiddle to a Gambling Addict and all the Dangers that can trip you up if you don't pay up dept. owed to The Mafia.

It is a common situation around gay Pattaya these days, where Farangs have to rely and put up with the blackmale of a Katio or lady boy, who puts his name up as the owner, so the farang wont go to prison if they are caught doing anything against the law, but the Nominee will, the Lady boys then want and demand as I know and have witnessed in another Sunee Bar, other lady boys to work there as if every day was a lady boy party, and will frighten off any Man Boy Competition, because they make it quite clear in that if they work in their Bar, they must have sex with the owner, namely the lady boy, its as simple as that. Any man boy will not work under those circumstances, in this case Joe, made it quite clear he is the owner and a wanted a certain amount of the takings to pay off his considerable dept. and that is fact not gossip.

I heard one bar in Chiang Mai had a customer named Bob that went for a drink at the bar one night. ;)

How did you find this out? I was there and can vouch for the truth of your report. However, I heard he was banned from the bar and that he had to leave the country for awhile until things cooled off. By the way he had to stop banging the boys after only doing three. He must be getting old. :blush:

Guest fountainhall

By the way he had to stop banging the boys after only doing three

Now, believe me, I have got to jump in here. My sources, which are impeccable and so you know you are always getting the whole truth (believe me - that's the truth!), tell me that it was only two boys. You see, he just couldn't keep it up :o (Psst - but don't tell anyone else !) :p

After reading and re-reading all these details (sometimes enjoyably envisioning some of the events I must admit), my reaction is essentially the same as Poster Rainwalker's. I'm puzzled and even almost insulted that anybody would think I would be clueless enough to buy a bar in Thailand!

P.S. Neighbor Khortose: You can tell Scott he can have the bar back....

Guest Thor69

HeyGay shouldn't post things of a personal nature about anyone. It's just rude!

Most of what he posts (besides his above mentioned gossip column) would be considered fiction or his own view of things as they appear to him.

I do hope he continues as I find them amusing and it sure helps balance the negativity that tends to permeate these gay message boards.

Guest fountainhall

Most of what he posts (besides his above mentioned gossip column) would be considered fiction or his own view of things as they appear to him.

Maybe we should have a new name - faction! :lol:

I do hope he continues as I find them amusing and it sure helps balance the negativity that tends to permeate these gay message boards.

"amusing"? Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it! :wacko:

And gaythailand "negative"? Never! Whatever gives you that idea? :rolleyes:

Guest thaiworthy

I agree with every word as thor69. Inasmuch as rumors in general don't appear substantiated, some of them appear to be true. It seems every year there are more and more episodes like this and I am developing this notion that mebbe Pattaya is not the utopia I once thought it was. Without the knowledge of these happenings, I view myself at a great disadvantage when visiting Sunee and Pattaya. It always seems that when I arrive and talk to the residents firsthand, I'm told "haven't you heard?!"

To be truthful, I once considered moving to Pattaya when the time comes. Now I doubt that will happen. There are other places in Thailand that are not quite as notorious.

This is not meant to discredit anyone who lives there at present. Mebbe events like this do not bother them as easily as it does me. Everyone is different and people live where they wish for different reasons.

Posting anything negative about someone isn't the smartest thing a person can do. Unfortunately there are many older gossipy queens visiting and living in the Pattaya area that get great pleasure spreading rumors, lies and negative information about other people.

If they would put all that time and energy into something more positive, such as volunteer work it would make Pattaya even better!

If you are reading this board and have never visited Thailand or Pattaya, you can be sure that when you do visit you will have the experience of a lifetime. Don't believe all the negative information that is posted on the gay message boards as fact. Take the time, explore and make your own opinions. ;)

Guest Patexpat

Posting anything negative about someone isn't the smartest thing a person can do. Unfortunately there are many older gossipy queens visiting and living in the Pattaya area that get great pleasure spreading rumors, lies and negative information about other people.

you think this is a problem exclusive to Pattaya?? <_<

you think this is a problem exclusive to Pattaya?? <_>

I don't want to answer for Jason, but I will chime in with my own thoughts.

Gossip is not only in Pattaya but everywhere. However, I have been to almost 100 countries and travel over 200,000 miles every year. I always get involved in the gay scene where I go. There is no place I have ever been (including Palm Springs, PTown, WeHo and Fire Island) which the gossip is as prevalent at Pattaya. Pattaya beats them all but about 5000 percent. :)

Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-03-03%2Bat%2B12.34.59%2BPM.png