Guest fountainhall

Delta

Guest fountainhall

When you next have an airline meal put in front of you – should you happen to have paid for a ticket which actually entitles you to any food whatever – the new rule on Delta is: look carefully before you eat. At least one Delta aircraft has carrying quite a number of non-paying passengers.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration sent a warning letter to Delta Air Lines last week after inspectors found "the presence of rodent excreta pellets and rodent urine stains" near the food preparation and storage areas of one of the carrier's planes.

The inspection -- conducted from January 26 to February 2 in Atlanta -- revealed droppings "too numerous to count" in the ceiling panels of the plane's middle crossover galley, or directly over places where food and drinks are stored, according to the letter.

There were also rodent droppings above the door panels in the forward galley, where food is prepared by flight personnel, according to the letter.

The plane was pulled from commercial service, and the issue was resolved within a few days, Delta said in a statement.

"This clearly was an isolated incident, and we cooperated with the FDA immediately to resolve it earlier this year," said Ashley Black, a spokeswoman for the airline.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/20/delta.plane.rodent.droppings/index.html?hpt=Sbin

An isolated incident? Do I hear spin? Ugghhhh!

Guest kjun12

Delta was once the best US airline. In recent years it has declined in both service and upkeep of its planes. Certainly it is no longer the Queen of the Sky.

I have been greatly disappointed with Detla as the cost to upgrade fares have risen dramatically. Ex: going to Brazil, they are asking 3600 and 60,000 miles. It is less to go to Thailand and twice the distance.

I have never not been upgraded on a Delta USA flight. But, when traveling internationally, they suck the life out of your wallet.

Guest fountainhall

Now it's Qantas turn!

The discovery of five baby rats in a cabin compartment on a Qantas jet has caused a flight to be grounded.

Air crew found the rats minutes before passengers were due to board a Boeing 767 flying from Sydney to Brisbane.

The airline said it was a rare occurrence and passengers were put on another plane while the rats were disposed of.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13624714

Do rats eat through cables I wonder?