pong

ATTITUDE new Thai gay mag launched

in a few days the first issue of this new Thai monthly magazine, aimed at the gay market (probable the supertrendy HiSo) will be in the shops. It was felt there was a great need to fill in the gap as no such magazine exists here or has.

If it is a translation of an existing mag (as I understand this is a well known USA publication?) or simply another Thai copycat, I cannot say. I am just mentioning it to point out what Thailand also has to offer. If I spot one, I will try to browse it and tell you in which shop (doubtful if the normal chain shops like SeeEd or B2S may) stocks it.

(BTW_ I never quite understood why this word has got such an other apparently derogatory meaning in the USA as its proper, scientific-psychological has. But then I am not from there and not even native english).

The mag 1st issue is now on the shelves, it cost 120 bt and ahs about 160 pages and is apparently in stock at most normal Mag-outlets and even some supermarkets etc. see also a posting of dear khun FH in ''vanished Thai gay magazines'' topic.

It is 99,98% wrirten in Thai (all the main texts) and has 2 'gorgeous guy'' series- 1 of dreamteam (also on cover-again see FH for link) -whcih seems suspiciously fotoshopped to me, and 1 of biker guy. Main article is about ''How to turn ONS into LTR''=one night stand and long time relation). and there is lots of fe-sjun (fashion) and gadgets so indispensible to the metrosexual guys. If your BF is the tipical Isan farmersboy, he will not likely be very plaesed with it as gift. The tipical DJ-rental boys will love it.

If your BF is the tipical Isan farmersboy, he will not likely be very plaesed with it as gift. The tipical DJ-rental boys will love it.

I would have said the DJ downstairs crowd will love it - the upstairs crowd is usually typical Isan farm/rent boys!

and I think the dream team models on the cover and inside look like plastic blow-up dolls or a photoshop disaster!

my "gig" (gik? kik?) loves it! he used to like 2Magazine for the pictures but the articles where mostly in English - not his strong point - so this is much more accessible!

but I despair that "gay lifestyle" seems to be as readily equated to fashion and sex here as it is in the west - are we gays really so shallow?

and their web site is still not working!

bkkguy

Guest xiandarkthorne

Metrosexual? We have a joke about them in Penang. We define them as guys who tell you, "I'm NOT GAY LA!" with a flip of the wrist and a flounce of the hair.

Guest fountainhall

I think the dream team models on the cover and inside look like plastic blow-up dolls or a photoshop disaster!

I agree completely. Had I not been interested to take a peek inside, I'd not have bothered taking it off the shelf. When I did see what was inside it went back on the shelf pretty quickly!

Guest fountainhall

I was rather hoping that Attitude will eventually start to carry ads for some middle-class gay venues, ones that do not advertise in the existing tourist-related gay mags, and that this might give us some ideas of non-commercial gay places to meet a wider selection of Thai guys. Unfortunately, according to an article on firdae.com, this seems unlikely.

The first Thai edition of Attitude has lots of advertisements – Jean Paul Gaultier, Diesel, Paco Robanne, Sisley, Puma, Giorgio Armani, Davidoff, Playboy eyewear. This is an impressive start, even if they gave away advertising space to lure business. None of these flashy hi-so ads turn up in the UK edition in February . . .

Thai give-away gay tourist magazines live on ads from gay bars and massage parlors. Attitude Thailand has none of these. It has no advertisements for any local gay venues, not even hotels or restaurants. Such advertisements would bring Attitude Thailand into collaboration with the commercial gay sex scene in the major Thai cities . . .

Attitude Thailand may never get advertisements for local gay businesses. Middle class Thai gay men have usually shunned the venues that attract foreigners (both Caucasians and Asian foreigners). Those businesses will probably not spend money advertising in Attitude Thailand, recognising that you will not get to foreign gay customers, whether tourists or expatriates, through a Thai language magazine.

http://www.fridae.com/newsfeatures/2011/03/15/10713.attitude-with-a-smile

I would have said the DJ downstairs crowd will love it - the upstairs crowd is usually typical Isan farm/rent boys!

bkkguy

You are likely better informed about that place as I-have not been there since years.

But your response cannot be true: now those supposedly farmer rental boys can also see for what to press you:

You me give Armani is NO good-now must have Bulgari!

This naliga Rolek no good anymore-see here the gay lem-says we must have Patek? You know Patek? Can buy cheaper you in Dubai?

Here the new fe-sjun: tomorrow we go Siam you buy me this new T-sjirt-only 5555 THB! and you say : ha-ha-ha-ha!

Given I don't own anything from Armani, Bulgari or Rolex and most of the 2nd floor rent boys know that by now and know that my email address is noreply@buffalomediesendmoneynow.com so they are more likely to continue making unflattering comparisons between the hardness and blackness of my heart and other parts of my anatomy rather than pressing me to buy them fe-shun! :(

Guest fountainhall
The ballroom was divided into three chambers, each representing a different theme. The first was the Peep Room, duplicating the locker room and shower area of a fitness centre filled with well-built guys resting and changing clothes after exercise. Guests could only view the spectacle through a deep narrow hole. The second chamber was the Dark Room, which epitomised a hard-core hideout packed with sexy bad boys wrapped in chains and imprisoned in a cage, along with an exhibition of past Attitude covers. The last chamber was the White Room, inspired by the idea of rejuvenation. The room was decorated in plain white, with topless men scattered around the room.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle/society/231253/it-s-raining-men-for-magazine-launch

If you had not looked at the title of this thread, I expect you would think this a piece of fiction from the excellent OUT magazine. It's actually from today's Sunday Morning Post and describes the launch party for Attitude magazine held at the Renaissance Hotel in Bangkok last month. The party was attended by, allegedly, "two of the sexiest men in Thailand" - Kitkasem 'James' McFadden and Natcha 'Mouse' Jantapan (photos below). Who'd have thought the hi-so crowd would be in to "narrow holes", "hard-core hideouts", "dark rooms" and "chains and cages"?

Pity we could not have been invited, for the party was, according to the Post, "raining men" and definitely "the gayest party in town!"

post-1892-068593200 1302444430.jpg

Guest fountainhall

Since Michael is calling for more pics, here's one from a recent Attitude magazine and another from www.onlyasianboys.com - although maybe not quite to Michaels taste :ppost-1892-032041100 1316471001.jpg

post-1892-050574400 1316471016.jpg

Guest fountainhall

There are a lot more like this, but despite the models wearing pants, the photos could be regarded as too revealing. Here's one more that I believe fits the Board's policies.

post-1892-082293400 1317475889.jpg

There are a lot more like this, but despite the models wearing pants, the photos could be regarded as too revealing.

I'm liking the photos you have posted so far.

If the other photos still have the guys wearing pants, surely some of them must pass the no nudity test?

Guest fountainhall

Having commented that some of the Obsessions thread pics might possibly be offensive to Thai morality (boobs with just stars on the nipples), I run the risk of being somewhat hypocritical if I overstep the mark with guys

post-1892-079401500 1317527951.jpg

post-1892-019422200 1317527988.jpg

post-1892-049732000 1317529892.jpg

post-1892-049886300 1317530727.jpg

post-1892-052896400 1317531274.jpg

post-1892-093383500 1317531288.jpg

You have plenty of source material for a new avatar, Z. :wub:

Yes, maybe the one on post #18.

Then after Fountainhall takes his SLR to the Taiwan Gay Pride event, there should be even more sexy pictures to choose from.

Alternatively, these are good candidates too: link

Guest fountainhall

I received a pm request asking which would be my favourite! Of those above, I guess #1 in post 21 would really attract me - if only he looked less serious! In the same post, I really like the boy on the left in the last photo.

But one I particularly like is this one - and I'm sorry in advance for going back on my word about posting no more pics -

post-1892-049809900 1318223681.jpg

And #1 in post #22 looks as though he could be a great deal of fun in this shower pic -

post-1892-050233400 1318223890.jpg