reader

Pattaya beach litter crisis

From The Thaiger

image.thumb.jpeg.f564a68b8c66560be53375137a084624.jpeg

Tourists at Pattaya Beach raised alarm bells over the shocking amount of litterstrewn across the holiday resort’s shoreline, sparking questions about where it all came from. Visitors reported seeing a disturbing collection of rubbish both floating in the sea and littering the sands, including cigarette butts, plastic bags, water bottles, foam containers, and Styrofoam boxes.

The unsightly mess extends along the entire stretch of Pattaya Beach, with significant piles of cigarette butts accumulating in various spots. Concerned locals are now calling on city officials to investigate the source of the debris, worried that such an eyesore could tarnish Pattaya’s reputation as a premier tourist hotspot.

Local media suggest that recent thunderstorms and high winds may have played a role in washing this trash ashore. In response to the mounting complaints from both visitors and residents, Pattaya City officials were spotted cleaning up the beaches today.

Another tourist added that litter is keeping tourists away.

“I come to Pattaya for its beautiful beaches, but seeing all this trash really ruins the experience.”

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/tourists-express-concern-over-trash-littering-pattaya-beach

15 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Only if they have never seen sea before!

that was my point.  Fascination with new and unknown easily offsets litter here and there in the sand.

The same way first timer in go-go will see only half naked boys on the stage without noticing that floor is sticky, glass dirty and gin and tonic is 0% gin and 100% tonic.

I am heading over to beautiful Koh Larn this morning. 

There is a lull in the expected rain storms, so today appears to be a good day to go over to the island without any storm threat. 🤞 

I will report back if all of this trash, from the recent storms that is washing up on the Pattaya beaches is also found on Koh Larn.

7 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I am heading over to beautiful Koh Larn this morning. 

There is a lull in the expected rain storms, so today appears to be a good day to go over to the island without any storm threat. 🤞 

I will report back if all of this trash, from the recent storms that is washing up on the Pattaya beaches is also found on Koh Larn.

Would be good to know, I was thinking of going there next week.

4 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Would be good to know, I was thinking of going there next week.

it was beautiful and the garbage was almost non-existent on the non-Pattaya facing side of the island.

I will be making an update later (as the city of Pattaya has made a BIG change on the Bali Hai pier for obtaining a speedboat ride that I need to write about)- now my two 4 hands massage guys are coming to my place soon.

4 minutes ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

it was beautiful and the garbage was almost non-existent on the non-Pattaya facing side of the island.

I will be making an update later (as the city of Pattaya has made a BIG change on the Bali Hai pier for obtaining a speedboat ride that I need to write about)- now my two 4 hands massage guys are coming to my place soon.

Have fun!