TotallyOz

Richard's Restaurant Silom Soi 2

I ate there last night and had a nice meal. I ate the sizzling shrimp. While it was not sizzling like my friend's chicken, it tasted OK.

The place is quiet and comfortable and the food was tasty. The waiters were friendly. The price was reasonable and it is very convenient to Soi 4 and the gay gogo area.

I ate there last night and had a nice meal. I ate the sizzling shrimp. While it was not sizzling like my friend's chicken, it tasted OK. The place is quiet and comfortable and the food was tasty. The waiters were friendly. The price was reasonable and it is very convenient to Soi 4 and the gay gogo area.

Yes I have been to @Richards a few times, hoping it is going to be a Social place where you can chat with like minded people and hear all the local Gossip as you can is The Corner Bar in Sunee Plaza, but alas there seems to be an In click of a very few, who only speak to each other, but apart from that it is just a restaurant, I had the buffet it was ok nothing to go wild about.

Far better at the BALCONY around the corner. At least Peter one of the owners, come and chats with you and you can watch all the eye candy passing by, plus the food and drink is amazing and so cheap.

www.balconypub.com

I have never understood Richards or those who promote it. BF and I have tried it twice and never felt welcome, service was bad and food -"nothing special". There was a set of farangs around the bar laughing and carrying on - not friendly at all.

Guest loneranger

My many experiences with Richards is the same as stated above. It was more somewhat friendly when Richard was still there but now it is less so. The food at Telephone Pub on Soi 4 is way better than Richards. The only real advantage of Richards is that you can hear yourself and other talk easily. It is a quieter place and certainly the chairs are more comfortable than those awful stools at Telephone Pub.

Richard's has average food. The prices for food and drink are reasonable but what good is a low price when everything is substandard. Looking at the staff is far better than eating the food. But isn't that usually what is offered in Bangkok's gay restaurants?

:D

But isn't that usually what is offered in Bangkok's gay restaurants?

Is that comment only for Bangkok? Or, could it be spread to other cities in Thailand?

I know that the gay friendly places I went to in NYC and LA were great. Good food. Good atmosphere. But, they were not often reasonable prices and often higher than the other restaurants in the area.

Guest Thor69

Is that comment only for Bangkok? Or, could it be spread to other cities in Thailand?

I know that the gay friendly places I went to in NYC and LA were great. Good food. Good atmosphere. But, they were not often reasonable prices and often higher than the other restaurants in the area.

You and Jason are both correct. I have stopped going to gay friendly hotels and restaurants long ago. Who needs to be treated to substandard food and lodging when you can get better in other places. I'll take comfort and quality over substandard any day! <_<