Jason1988

A reversal on carbs.

Why do people eat so many carbs? Don't they realize what is making them fat?

Most people can count calories. Many have a clue about where fat lurks in their diets. However, fewer give carbohydrates much thought, or know why they should.

But a growing number of top nutritional scientists blame excessive carbohydrates

Guest luvthai

I have type 2 diabities and all this time I have been watching sugar contents reading every package to see the sugar contents. Boy was I mistaking as it is the carbs that break down supplying the sugar to the body. Watching the carbs will reduce weight as well as managing your sugar levels.

Guest anonone

I am wary of broad generalizations published in mainstream media regarding health and diet issues. These are the same group of people which spread the "fat is evil" message, now returning with "carbs are evil". Next, will we hear about how we eat too much protein and it has led to all kinds of problems?

Carbs are a piece of the puzzle. Fat, Protein, etc are all pieces of the puzzle. Assuming there are NO existing medical issues (obviously, a diabetic has specific impact of diet on health), I am convinced a well-balanced diet with a lot of food variety, coupled with moderate levels of regular exercise, is the best we can do for good health. Within the well-balanced intake of food (carbs, fat, protein, etc), the quantity of that food versus the amount of exercise is the way to manage body weight.

Unfortunately, this type of "news" does not sell newspapers (or internet hits, or whatever today's equivalent expression should be).