Londoner

Kissing

I note Vinapu's post elsewhere which referenced the issue of kissing for gay guys in Thailand. I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Have other visitors encountered  the view, as expressed by some gay Thais I know, that kissing (the intimate kind, French and just with the lips) is "un-Thai"? Neither topping nor bottoming are, nor even straight sex, nor any other of the usual activities...but kissing?

I have to admit that I'm not bothered personally since in both my personas, straight and now gay, it has never been high on my list of pleasures. But a cultural unwillingness to indulge?  Any views?

Then there's the issue of the "sniff-kiss",  originally a mother  sniffing her baby to check that all is well and, apparently,  used sometimes as an intimate act between adult lovers.  Has anyone experienced this? 

I  have been coming to Thailand- specifically gay Thailand- for nearly three decades but there remain cultural issues which still puzzle.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I note Vinapu's post elsewhere which referenced the issue of kissing for gay guys in Thailand. I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Have other visitors encountered  the view, as expressed by some gay Thais I know, that kissing (the intimate kind, French and just with the lips) is "un-Thai"? Neither topping nor bottoming are, nor even straight sex, nor any other of the usual activities...but kissing?

I have to admit that I'm not bothered personally since in both my personas, straight and now gay, it has never been high on my list of pleasures. But a cultural unwillingness to indulge?  Any views?

Then there's the issue of the "sniff-kiss",  originally a mother  sniffing her baby to check that all is well and, apparently,  used sometimes as an intimate act between adult lovers.  Has anyone experienced this? 

I  have been coming to Thailand- specifically gay Thailand- for nearly three decades but there remain cultural issues which still puzzle.

I do rate kissing highly, with tongue, and usually ask beforehand.  I haven't  yet had any problems, if they agree, which they mostly do.  Anyway, no more problems than in Europe.

11 hours ago, Londoner said:

Have other visitors encountered  the view, as expressed by some gay Thais I know, that kissing (the intimate kind, French and just with the lips) is "un-Thai"?

I like kissing but it's not deal breaker for me and  you may be on something. 

Very early I noticed reluctance to kiss to I developed habit of asking boys if they kiss but AFTER deal was agreed on and sealed. That way they don't need to lie to get a deal.

With most guys, repeat business means inhibitions are softening up , I never press the issue but when moment is right I ask again. Very often there's no answer but just a kiss, sometimes shy and short , at other times quite a hot and long one. Some semi-regulars though are sticking to their principles , even if offered say 200 or even 500 extra if they kiss. Usually just a pretext to give them higher tip anyways.

Perhaps one of best memories of this year is kiss planted on unsuspecting me by guy  who strictly declined it previously on quite a few occasions and all of the sudden changed his mind saying ' this is my New Year gift for you ". Ever since he is quite accommodating , if only because he knows that I Iiked it.    

I prefer to have kissing in my encounters with the guys in Thailand (deep with tongue is a bonus) but it's not a deal breaker if they don't kiss, I am a convert to it though, at one stage kissing guys wasn't a turn on for me but a gorgeous twink in Phuket taught me just how good it could be and from then on I have very much enjoyed it. There is one very big caveat though, bad breath is an instant turn off and a big no from me. Never had a problem with the girls (in my straighter days) or ladyboys though and found they all kissed.

9 hours ago, Kiwi306 said:

My thoughts exactly. I find it to be the most intimate sexual experience. I can't tell you what it does to me when I see 2 bulky bodybuilders kissing and fondling each other.

Agree. Two fit guys who are REALLY into each other is just the hottest thing

Interesting thread. I’ve never given kissing much thought, as opposed to anal and oral intercourse. But on reflection of my latest boy orientated trip to Pattaya I realise that I did kiss them in bed during offs and also whilst visiting gay bars. At the Complex looking for boys to off I usually moved from attempts at conversation towards kissing which on one occasion was refused, but more frequently the kiss was welcomed by boys, encouraging me to slide my tongue in their mouths, which I found erotic, leading to the boy being either offed or being given an advanced tip. I would however agree with spoon that rimming is even more intimate.

35 minutes ago, Travellerdave said:

Interesting thread. I’ve never given kissing much thought, as opposed to anal and oral intercourse. But on reflection of my latest boy orientated trip to Pattaya I realise that I did kiss them in bed during offs and also whilst visiting gay bars. At the Complex looking for boys to off I usually moved from attempts at conversation towards kissing which on one occasion was refused, but more frequently the kiss was welcomed by boys, encouraging me to slide my tongue in their mouths, which I found erotic, leading to the boy being either offed or being given an advanced tip. I would however agree with spoon that rimming is even more intimate.

But not so easy to do in a bar!

9 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

. At the Complex looking for boys to off I usually moved from attempts at conversation towards kissing 

being shy all my long life I'd never do this in open bar like those in Complex No such inhibition in closed one though as long as I sense guy is Ok with that