Londoner

Kissing

I note Vinapu's post elsewhere which referenced the issue of kissing for gay guys in Thailand. I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Have other visitors encountered  the view, as expressed by some gay Thais I know, that kissing (the intimate kind, French and just with the lips) is "un-Thai"? Neither topping nor bottoming are, nor even straight sex, nor any other of the usual activities...but kissing?

I have to admit that I'm not bothered personally since in both my personas, straight and now gay, it has never been high on my list of pleasures. But a cultural unwillingness to indulge?  Any views?

Then there's the issue of the "sniff-kiss",  originally a mother  sniffing her baby to check that all is well and, apparently,  used sometimes as an intimate act between adult lovers.  Has anyone experienced this? 

I  have been coming to Thailand- specifically gay Thailand- for nearly three decades but there remain cultural issues which still puzzle.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I note Vinapu's post elsewhere which referenced the issue of kissing for gay guys in Thailand. I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Have other visitors encountered  the view, as expressed by some gay Thais I know, that kissing (the intimate kind, French and just with the lips) is "un-Thai"? Neither topping nor bottoming are, nor even straight sex, nor any other of the usual activities...but kissing?

I have to admit that I'm not bothered personally since in both my personas, straight and now gay, it has never been high on my list of pleasures. But a cultural unwillingness to indulge?  Any views?

Then there's the issue of the "sniff-kiss",  originally a mother  sniffing her baby to check that all is well and, apparently,  used sometimes as an intimate act between adult lovers.  Has anyone experienced this? 

I  have been coming to Thailand- specifically gay Thailand- for nearly three decades but there remain cultural issues which still puzzle.

I do rate kissing highly, with tongue, and usually ask beforehand.  I haven't  yet had any problems, if they agree, which they mostly do.  Anyway, no more problems than in Europe.