Ideas for underwear brand name?

Well, any ideas for swimming trunks & underwear brand names?

The prices commanded by some of these garments look quite profitable :ninja:.

Also, here's the obligatory photo. The third one along is wearing a nicely sized little number :p .

post-8337-001364000 1297797263.jpg

No.3 (third from the left) wins hands down for me too!

I have a lovely pair of speedos I flaunt myself in and am fully aware I look a prize chump, but I dislike the ultra long trunks that extend halfway down to the ankles so much I feel I have to fly the flag for 'proper' swimming trunks.

So I am over the moon to see these four happy guys sporting a delightful variant on my costume of choice.

Hence my suggestion is The Micro

While none show a big bulge the body on the 2nd from the left is my type.

If I wasn't married any of the four would do for me. How about "banana hangers" and can I copyright this name?

Guest fountainhall

No 3 from the left is also my type. I guess z909, Rogie and I will be in a bit of a scrap if he were to suddenly appear before us. Genie! Genie! Let him knock on my door first! :p

As for a name, I'm tempted to suggest "Ball Bearings" as that's a kind of nice apt description. "Ball Breakers" has a surfy feel about it, and would certainly apply if I had to fit into them!

Guest fountainhall

the Singapore national dive team looked better in their "flag" swimsuits!

It was designed by the team for a competition in China - and got them into quite a bit of trouble back home!

post-1892-034521200 1297868908.jpg

Creating the brand and doing the marketing and advertising is the most expensive part of any start up.

Last summer I was looking in a mall store in Orlando, Florida and some of the Lacoste shirts were made in China. I find that interesting that a consumer will pay upwards of $60 for a shirt that was made in China for about $4.00 - $6.00.

Same thing with underwear. So many brands are made in Asia, including Thailand, and sold for huge prices by comparison.

Swimwear to me, seems like a license to steal. With the right brand you can make a mint!

I find that interesting that a consumer will pay upwards of $60 for a shirt that was made in China for about $4.00 - $6.00.

Same thing with underwear. So many brands are made in Asia, including Thailand, and sold for huge prices by comparison.

Swimwear to me, seems like a license to steal. With the right brand you can make a mint!

Precisely what I was thinking. Aqux sell some of their trunks for 7400 yen. No doubt Japanese manufacture & good quality materials might add 500 yen to the cost, but the gross margins must still be very attractive.

Guest fountainhall

All luxury goods and brands that become 'the fashion' have very large mark-ups in Japan. Once any item becomes 'fashionable', the herd mentality takes over and everyone has to have one. First it was the very small Speedos. Seems like Aqux has taken over in popularity.

Guest fountainhall

I suggest JunkTrunks.

'

Maybe sounds just a little bit trashy? I like "HunkTrunks", but that implies more muscle.Maybe just "Slinks"? Of course it rhymes with Twinks, but you don't have to advertise that :p

Or even "Snakes", as these guys all seem to have snake hips. Then you could have Small Snakes, Medium Snakes and Large Snakes! You might even manufacture a few Xtra Large ones :p

I reckon the brand name needs to be quite short, so it can be easily read from a few metres away when printed on trunks.

However, if a long brand name were to be used, then a very stylish & recognisable logo needs to be substituted.

The best I came up with was SMEC (Sexy Mens Underwear Company) :wacko: . That's not too good, hence the thread.

Guest fountainhall

I still think the original bikini Speedos were the best! Mind you, those gorgeous bodies really helped show them off to best advantage.

These are quite old pics. The first was from a Speedo catalogue, but I'm sorry I do not know where the other 2 come from.

post-1892-007049100 1297967617.jpg

post-1892-031432400 1297967638.jpg

post-1892-007449200 1297967661.jpg

Very nice :p . The middle one is my favourite, although I prefer it when they get rid of any hair that's visible over the top.

The Speedo brand name is taken. Any new entrant to the market needs a new one.

When z909 starts manufacturing his new line, maybe he can get Yaya's staff to model the collection. If so, I volunteer to be one of the dressers :p

Fountainhall.......YOU ARE HIRED!!! Remember, before they gone on stage some "fluffing" may be required :p

When z909 starts manufacturing his new line, maybe he can get Yaya's staff to model the collection. If so, I volunteer to be one of the dressers :p

We need a brand name first. Actually, if Yaya staff model the clothing, why not YAYA brand?