reader

German man ends life after costly romance

From The Thaiger

A 91 year old German man committed suicide at his home in Samut Prakan province, near Bangkok, after his Thai girlfriend repeatedly asked him for money. He had reportedly lost more than 30 million baht to this woman.

Officers from Bang Phli Police Station investigated the suicide of the 91 year old German, Bothmer Arnulf, at his home in the Bang Phli district of Samut Prakan province at about 2pm yesterday, October 17. Arnulf was found sitting on a wooden chair inside the house.

The German man sustained a gunshot wound to his head, near his right ear. He was still alive when the police arrived, and the rescue team administered first aid before rushing him to a nearby hospital. Unfortunately, Arnulf passed away at the hospital.

The .38 calibre gun used in the incident and two spent bullet casings were found near the chair. A Thai maid and gardener were present at the scene and provided accounts of the incident to the police.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/cash-out-old-german-man-ends-life-after-costly-romance

My money is on the maid, who was in collaboration with the gardener, who was really her husband. He had left them everything in his will as they were the closest people to him, and had looked after him in his last years. However they realised he was about to change his will to benefit Ms Goldigger. 

Anyway who commits suicide by shooting themselves in the head twice, or did he miss the first time? (two shells) Hey, 91 years old, we should be so lucky!

55 minutes ago, unicorn said:

Two? Now how does that happen?

image.png.a013dc14e0a7faaca439c8511d6d8eb1.png

There was a famous incident  in Hong Kong years ago, where a well known policeman, macLennan, nvolved in a gay sex scandal, was said to have committed suicide by shooting himself 5 times with a .38 gun. He had been charged with homosexual  offences, then illegal in Hong Kong.  It was generally  thought to be impossible  to shoot yourself 5 times, with a heavy gun, though he had apparently  left a suicide note. MacLennan knew of many gay scandals higher up the tree in HK, and there was concern he would name names. There were various enquiries,  mostly of the whitewash variety, and the affair never satisfactorily explained. Books have been written, etc, and it is said that the affair  led to the decriminalisation of homosexuality in HK.

• Members
52 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

...was said to have committed suicide by shooting himself 5 times...
... there was concern he would name names...

Maybe the simpler explanation is that one of those "names" forced him to write a "suicide note," and wanted to make sure he was dead. Then, of course, there are the Russian defenestrating "suicides," which rarely left behind notes.

image.png.fa60c7983112ad7b23657917fdb24104.png

2 hours ago, unicorn said:

Maybe the simpler explanation is that one of those "names" forced him to write a "suicide note," and wanted to make sure he was dead. Then, of course, there are the Russian defenestrating "suicides," which rarely left behind notes.

image.png.fa60c7983112ad7b23657917fdb24104.png

Indeed, Russian windows seem very unsafe....

• Members
2 hours ago, vinapu said:

shells are two but wound in the head one as per original narrative so possibly he missed first time indeed.

It's kind of difficult to miss one's own head when holding a gun to one's head. Murder makes more sense to me. 🤔

1 hour ago, unicorn said:

It's kind of difficult to miss one's own head when holding a gun to one's head. Murder makes more sense to me. 🤔

considering age and situation quite possible his hands were quite shaky. Definitely mine were last time I committed suicide an I'm quite far from 91.

But I agree that murder seems to be more probable 

10 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Indeed, Russian windows seem very unsafe....

Mind you, I am currently in Prague, which has its own defenestration issues! As well as attractive boys....

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

when it was ? 1620 ? And you still remember, impressive memory !

Elephants never forget! Impressive that you remember! I was taught history well, and that made it interesting! 1618, in fact, but said to be two earlier in 15th century. 

Some South African  police stations also had unreliable  windows in the apartheid era..

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

considering age and situation quite possible his hands were quite shaky. Definitely mine were last time I committed suicide an I'm quite far from 91.

Strangely,  there seem to be a number of cases where guys, normally guys, miss, when holding gun to head. Often just blow out their jaw.  A shotgun in the mouth is fairly  foolproof!

• Members
19 hours ago, vinapu said:

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

thank you for letting us know, very handy in our hour of need

My pleasure! There is always Dignitas, in Switzerland,  also foolproof,  but pricey!