reader

Pattaya sea-pee clash

They could have at least had the decency to turn around. 🙂

From The Thaiger

image.thumb.jpeg.ff159649f23e4dae4d56e569ac2319b5.jpeg

A municipal official in Pattaya is seeking justice after two Thai men attempted to assault him for warning them not to pee in the sea. The men also refused to pay fines for their wrongdoing.

The chief of Jomtien Pattaya Municipality Office, Sawate Permpoon, reached out to Channel 7 to share the confrontation with two Thai men on Sunday, October 13 at about 2pm, and also to raise awareness among other beachgoers to help keep the beach and sea clean.

Sawate told the media that the office received a complaint from tourists enjoying the beach, who reported that two men were urinating into the sea in front of many beachgoers. The complainants also shared a picture of the men with the officials.

Sawate and his team immediately rushed to the scene to warn the men about their illegal actions. He pointed out that their behaviour damaged Pattaya’s image and violated the Cleanliness and Orderliness Act of Pattaya City.

According to Sawate, the men ignored his warning and became angry at him and his subordinates, so they left the scene and returned to the office. However, the two followed them to the office, where another argument ensued.

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/shorely-not-pattaya-official-demands-justice-after-sea-pee-clash

3 hours ago, reader said:

They could have at least had the decency to turn around. 🙂

From The Thaiger

image.thumb.jpeg.ff159649f23e4dae4d56e569ac2319b5.jpeg

A municipal official in Pattaya is seeking justice after two Thai men attempted to assault him for warning them not to pee in the sea. The men also refused to pay fines for their wrongdoing.

The chief of Jomtien Pattaya Municipality Office, Sawate Permpoon, reached out to Channel 7 to share the confrontation with two Thai men on Sunday, October 13 at about 2pm, and also to raise awareness among other beachgoers to help keep the beach and sea clean.

Sawate told the media that the office received a complaint from tourists enjoying the beach, who reported that two men were urinating into the sea in front of many beachgoers. The complainants also shared a picture of the men with the officials.

Sawate and his team immediately rushed to the scene to warn the men about their illegal actions. He pointed out that their behaviour damaged Pattaya’s image and violated the Cleanliness and Orderliness Act of Pattaya City.

According to Sawate, the men ignored his warning and became angry at him and his subordinates, so they left the scene and returned to the office. However, the two followed them to the office, where another argument ensued.

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/shorely-not-pattaya-official-demands-justice-after-sea-pee-clash

It looks as though the long arm of the law has intervened!

In my opinion, the local city government is at fault here.

We all pee in the see because there is NO where else to pee.  The city has not built any bathrooms that are open in the night when the beach gets packed because - as we know the Thais do not like the sun and they flock to the beach at sunset or afterwards and by that time the few public toilets have already been closed and locked up.

so, if you need to pee - where should you do it ?

p.s. I hate peeing in the Jomtien sea - but as there is no other choice on where to pee - I join the Thais and do it with them.

I am always bitching and complaining about the coffee brown color of the sea water - but the local city government needs to improve the situation in my opinion.

Just go to Jomtien soi 12 at night and it is packed - especially after the bars close....

6 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

In my opinion, the local city government is at fault here.

We all pee in the see because there is NO where else to pee.  The city has not built any bathrooms that are open in the night when the beach gets packed because - as we know the Thais do not like the sun and they flock to the beach at sunset or afterwards and by that time the few public toilets have already been closed and locked up.

so, if you need to pee - where should you do it ?

p.s. I hate peeing in the Jomtien sea - but as there is no other choice on where to pee - I join the Thais and do it with them.

I am always bitching and complaining about the coffee brown color of the sea water - but the local city government needs to improve the situation in my opinion.

Just go to Jomtien soi 12 at night and it is packed - especially after the bars close....

I'm excited for the day we see your mugshot in the news. Really.
There are plenty of toilets all along Jomtien beach. Most cost 5 baht, a reasonable fee to keep them clean and pay the attendant. 
I hope the next time you do it, someone gives you a slap. You deserve it. 

1 hour ago, gayinpattaya said:

There are plenty of toilets all along Jomtien beach. Most cost 5 baht, a reasonable fee to keep them clean and pay the attendant. 

As I wrote above - these 5 baht toilet stations are closed and locked by sunset.

There are NO facilities (other than perhaps the Sea Rescue station) that are open AFTER sunset.

And it is after sunset when the beach gets packed (Jomtien soi 12).

I would gladly use the pay toilet stations, but I repeat --> they are closed at sunset.

13 minutes ago, Travelingguy said:

Do people actually swim in that water?

of course , why not ?.

We are concerned about pollution caused by urinating humans and forgetting about those truckloads of shit all creatures living in the seas are depositing in the waters every minute

It's not just the "truckloads of shit all creatures living in the seas...", you need to be concerned with, it's the poorly designed / controlled sewage systems that's been installed.

This from last year.

https://esquare.co.th/?p=2552

With only a 2000THB fine for the hotels,  it's hardly a deterrent. 

I live by the sea and can see clearly the discharge of Black Water after it rains. 

As for swimming in it, a definate no no for me. For an enjoyable near pollution free swim go out to the islands off the coast and use the west side of the island, i.e. the side furthest from Pattaya or Jomtien. Furthermore if you snorkel or dive you'll see some actual authentic colourful sea life. 

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

of course , why not ?.

We are concerned about pollution caused by urinating humans and forgetting about those truckloads of shit all creatures living in the seas are depositing in the waters every minute

I recall WC Fields saying that he didn’t drink water, because fish fuck in it!

Years ago, in UK, there was a time when they put a chemical in the water at public swimming  baths, which reacted with urine, and left a trail for all to see! I'm sure it doesn't  happen now!

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

only animals are drinking water

12 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Not sure of your point here?

that's my mantra and reasoning why I practically NEVER drink water, my annual water consumption must be well under 1 liter

My concern was not the urine. It was the raw sewage.  The whole situation seems very sketch for swimming at Pattaya beaches.  I also do not know if there is any testing of the water or posted results from testing.  I live on the SF Bay and our beaches are tested regularly with Red Yellow and Green signs posted for when contamination levels are high.

5 hours ago, Travelingguy said:

My concern was not the urine. It was the raw sewage.  The whole situation seems very sketch for swimming at Pattaya beaches.  I also do not know if there is any testing of the water or posted results from testing.  I live on the SF Bay and our beaches are tested regularly with Red Yellow and Green signs posted for when contamination levels are high.

I am due in Pattaya  for first time, soon. Would like to try beach, and will take a view on the water. Members here are pretty dismissive of water quality! 

6 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

I am due in Pattaya  for first time, soon. Would like to try beach, and will take a view on the water. Members here are pretty dismissive of water quality! 

there's no time like first time.

as for beaches you have two choices, Pattaya Beach in the city itself, literally steps from many hotels and from Boyztown and Jomtien/ Dongtan beach in Jomtien area, also walking distance from Jomtien Supertown Complex where boy bars and massages are.

I second bkkmjf suggestion if you are serious beachgoer. Koh Larn is easily reached by ferry or speedboat and trip is short

18 hours ago, vinapu said:

there's no time like first time.

as for beaches you have two choices, Pattaya Beach in the city itself, literally steps from many hotels and from Boyztown and Jomtien/ Dongtan beach in Jomtien area, also walking distance from Jomtien Supertown Complex where boy bars and massages are.

I second bkkmjf suggestion if you are serious beachgoer. Koh Larn is easily reached by ferry or speedboat and trip is short

Thanks!

23 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

If you want to enter into the sea water I strongly suggest that you make the effort to venture over to nearby Koh Larn island - that is in front of Pattaya / Jomtien.

see below.

Thanks!