Olddaddy

Taxi car service to Pattaya

Unfortunately I have been let down constantly this trip by Mike's taxi ๐Ÿš•ย 

It's either they forget my booking ๐Ÿ™ˆ, arrive late up to an hour with no apologies,driver has to stop for gas etc or they just take a long time to answer ,they used to be great once ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I have decided to use another other serviceย 

I would get the bus๐ŸšŒ๐Ÿš but have luggage ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿงณ

Any recommendations on a car service BKK to Pattaya ?

As I've said numerous times, here and elsewhere, I walk out of BKK with a song in my heart , where thirty or so taxis await me, and only on one occasion in the last ten trips- the first one after Covid- have I found a queue. No emails. No phone calls. No anxious waits to see if the driver is stuck in traffic.

I know others disagree but after eighty trips (or more)ย  from DMK and BKK,ย  I just can't see the point of altering my routine.ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

As I've said numerous times, here and elsewhere, I walk out of BKK with a song in my heart , where thirty or so taxis await me, and only on one occasion in the last ten trips- the first one after Covid- have I found a queue. No emails. No phone calls. No anxious waits to see if the driver is stuck in traffic.

I know others disagree but after eighty trips (or more)ย  from DMK and BKK,ย  I just can't see the point of altering my routine.ย 

ย 

Maybe times have changed since I done that last time.....but I recall getting drivers who would take me to a mini bus or even demanded more on the way to Pattaya.

I'm looking at the Bolt app ,is it possible to order a Bolt or Grab to Pattaya ?

9 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm looking at the Bolt app ,is it possible to order a Bolt or Grab to Pattaya ?

but you wrote earlier that you wanted to stay in Bangkok as it was cheaper and more funย ๐Ÿค”

I also useย https://www.thelimopattaya.com/rates/

for many years now and I am very pleased with their service.ย  Eve and her husband run this business and they have other drivers available.

I have even used them to bring hot sexy premium guys (only 2 occasions) to me in Pattaya from Bangkok and also from Suvarnabhumi, as that premium guy was coming to me from HatYai and I had the limo service fetch him for me.

Yes you can use Bolt. Make sure you understand and agree the motorway toll charges before you set off first. Did Jomtien to Silom Road last week. Wait time from booking was only 10 mins, same when coming back.

Normally I use Pattaya Cabs. Never been let down over the last 2 years.

10 minutes ago, Londoner said:

ย Forgive me; I fully understand that some posters prefer Bolt et al....but can they explain exactly what is wrong with the the BKK public taxis?ย  ย Comfort? cost?

I usually use Grab cos the traffic in BKK can be terrible and end up being more expensive by taxi. by using grab, it's a fixed price.

18 minutes ago, Londoner said:

ย Forgive me; I fully understand that some posters prefer Bolt et al....but can they explain exactly what is wrong with the the BKK public taxis?ย  ย Comfort? cost?

Bolt takes the communication of destination out of the equation. Useful when driver couldnt understand me.ย 

Cost wise, public taxi using meter is cheap, sometimes cheaper depending on traffic, while bolt or grab, your cost is fixed once you raise a request.

I also use bolt for motorsai.ย 

52 minutes ago, Londoner said:

but can they explain exactly what is wrong with the the BKK public taxis?ย  ย Comfort? cost?

By using apps you don't have to communicate with driver at all: start point, end point, price - everything is fixed by app. All you have - to find correct car with number on car plate on the place of start point what is shown to you by app and sit into. Ok, also to say "hello" and to fasten your seatbelt. And you are sure: you got fair price, no scam, no cheating.

31 minutes ago, Moses said:

All you have - to find correct car with number on car plate on the place of start point what is shown to you by app and sit into. Ok, also to say "hello" and to fasten your seatbelt. And you are sure: you got fair price, no scam, no cheating.

Hi @Moses, here in Pattaya there is a mini scam going on with the cars that you order via Bolt.ย  You place your order on the app and 1 of 2 things can sometime happen:

1.) A different car arrives and it is usually those V.I.P. taxi cars.ย  They cancel your ride in the Bolt app and they take you at the same price as quoted by the Bolt app,

2.) Your are asked to cancel your ride when someone calls you on the phone and takes you in a different car --> but price is same as the price quoted by Bolt.

I asked why this was happening and these clandestine drivers explained to me that they want to pocket the money that Bolt would have taken from the driver as a Bolt service fee.

ย 

13 minutes ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I asked why this was happening and these clandestine drivers explained to me that they want to pocket the money that Bolt would have taken from the driver as a Bolt service fee.

It is a scam but the victim is bolt.ย 

21 minutes ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Understandable, but I would refuse. Using the App you can complain afterwards or even call an emergency from the app if things are running out of control

1 hour ago, siriusBE said:

Understandable, but I would refuse. Using the App you can complain afterwards

Unfortunately, the 3 times that it happened I was pressed for time due to the unpredictable inner city Pattaya traffic - as I had fixed medical appointments - where if I miss my time slot it can be painful to reschedule.

It does not happen frequently - but I wanted to point it out in case this might happen to one of our forum members....

9 hours ago, Foolish said:

I'm trying Nam lady drivers for my upcoming trip. Seems to be highly rated and they are very responsive so far with changes to my booking.

Iโ€™ve been using Nams Lady drivers for several years now (https://www.namstaxiladydrivers.com/). I highly recommend them.

I find their driving habits far safer than taxis and a couple of the well known car services Iโ€™ve taken.ย 
ย 
But I've never tried the very popular TheLimoPattaya , so I canโ€™t compare with them.

6 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

ย 

It does not happen frequently - but I wanted to point it out in case this might happen to one of our forum members....

happened to me and other forum member in Aug when we were heading from Classrooms to Swampy. We were driven to Sukhumvit near the church and then given different car. No drama

What happens if you book a Bolt taxi from the airport to Pattaya and you flight is delayed? Will he wait? Will he charge extra?

I always use Pattaya Limo and on a few occasions the flight was 2 hours late. The guy was waiting and there was no extra charge.

Would Bolt do the same?