Olddaddy

Fantastic restaurant

Fantastic German 🇩🇪restaurant near the Balcony 

I believe it's called G's 

Very friendly farang owner ,I was looking at the menu outside,he came over and started talking to me & my Filipino  BF ,he had been a chef in Australia 🦘

He recommended we come in and try his shnitzel and German beer🍺🍻 called Carlsbrau 

Very friendly,but then I heard him talking to a new Zealand couple and he said he worked as a chef there too before inviting them in 🤣

🤣Then another guy said he was from UK ...

15 hours ago, floridarob said:

Sometimes I wonder about you.....

@vinapu has talked about that place so much... I can't wait until you stumble upon Foodland and declare what a discovery it is 🤪

Do you think it's a visual problem,  or a memory problem?

21 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I believe it's called G's 

Very friendly farang owner ,I was looking at the menu outside,he came over and started talking to me & my Filipino  BF ,he had been a chef in Australia 🦘

He recommended we come in and try his shnitzel and German beer🍺🍻 called Carlsbrau 

I like when he walks around the patrons and asks   "how did you like my sausage ?"

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

I like when he walks around the patrons and asks   "how did you like my sausage ?"

Food there is generally good, I think. You can have Thai food as well. I am fond of the Thai fishcakes. Good selection of beers. Guido is an active host, too much so for some members, I know, but keeps the place moving. Normally pretty full.

I like G's, good food, cold beer and always have good service there. My old routine on arriving in Bangkok (check into hotel was between 5 to 6pm) was to go from hotel to Senso for a massage and an extremely happy ending then over to G's for dinner and a cold beer. Upcoming trip will differ due to the late night arrival but will resurrect the old routine a day or 2 later. 

4 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

What made you think that?

Beat me to it....

8 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Are there tonight ,big portion sizes 

385 baht

Tooo much big size I couldn't eat it all and I'm a big guy and was hungry too😊IMG20241012185136.thumb.jpg.a89025498ff49dedebce59786de4427c.jpg

Aren't the actual plates huge too?

When it arrives Im thinking the plate is huge🍽️🍛

I couldn't even get to eat all of it, 

Some may think it's expensive at 385 baht which I guess it is ,I'm not sure how much in Australia🇦🇺maybe same price?

It was called a hoggemeister shnitzel I think 

But...I enjoyed it ☺️ 

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Quite a few massage guys told me that one should not eat at least 2 hours before massage

and this sage advice is VERY true - as I found out back when I lived in Budapest and my 2 Adonis masseurs came to my apartment to give me a 4 hands massage and I was so hungry prior (due to my then stressful job where massive overtime was required I was often running in the nik of time from the office to my home for whatever appointment I had) to the appointment that I stopped to quickly eat some Hungarian goulash = BIG mistake - because as the 2 Adonis' were pushing down on my body (with my stomach facing down) I could feel the goulash coming up from my stomach towards my throat where I had to quickly excuse myself and dispose of my dinner into the toilet in order to be able to continue the massage - it was quite embarrassing as they could hear me in the toilet.

So, lesson learned - better to be hungry and famished PRIOR to a massage than full and satisfied (temporarily).

but, we were still ALL able to obtain our happy endings....

5 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

When it arrives Im thinking the plate is huge🍽️🍛

I couldn't even get to eat all of it, 

Some may think it's expensive at 385 baht which I guess it is ,I'm not sure how much in Australia🇦🇺maybe same price?

It was called a hoggemeister shnitzel I think 

But...I enjoyed it ☺️ 

£9.00, hardly expensive,  half London  price.

I'm guessing it's a little cheaper than Australian price at 385 baht 

But it's farang food so you can expect to pay more especially in BKK 

18 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I could feel the goulash coming up from my stomach towards my throat where I had to quickly excuse myself and dispose of my dinner into the toilet in order to be able to continue the massage - it was quite embarrassing as they could hear me in the toilet.

I'm worried about it coming out the other end during the massage 😱