Guest lonelywombat

Original twilight bar bangkok

Sorry I have not replied to the PM about Midnight Cowboy in Saphan Kwai. it was remiss of me as I loved the place and was disappointed when it closed. I believe the owner died.

The only bar still with its old name is Stax where the boys remained clothed.

In fact Midnight cowboy overgrew its initial success (their shows changed quite frequently-I cannot recall the one described), moved to larger premises a few houses on. As so often happens in BKk/LOS, some one grabbed the chance and started a new bar, I think that was named Apache, in the old house of MC. The new MC was awfully icy cold, so soon the boys protested and started wearing jackets etc, Soon after that the original owner/manager, mr. John from Singapore, died. The bars soon dwindled down too. Apache remained on for a longer time. That soi is now closed off to the street, by a new condo block.

Besides STAX (which for a long time had an offshoot, 1 for kara-OK and 1 for some mild go-go the most long running bar is CHARMMING, still in the old location. The best known bar was ADAM-but has changed name a year, or 2, ago.

In Spn Kw bars it was and still is Thai style. In most bars the boys were and still are fully clothed. You wont get approached untill you invite one (and for a short talk no need to immediately buy drinks and all that, nor for tips, this is not Pattaya, but Thai style). Most clients would rely on advice by the captian (aka mamasan). I really doubt if these bars (1 by 1 they closed thelast years-just 4 or 5 remaining) would appeal to the tastes this thread now describes. And a good dose of knowledge of Thai would be needed to. In fact there are 3 gay sauna's over there, but the formerly numerous short-time HTLs have mostly closed or turned into other bisnis. If you would not know how the system in these bars works, you would as an unknowing farang, left baffled and wondering why all the heck this was about.

Guest phoochaai

In Spn Kw bars it was and still is Thai style. In most bars the boys were and still are fully clothed. You wont get approached untill you invite one (and for a short talk no need to immediately buy drinks and all that, nor for tips, this is not Pattaya, but Thai style). Most clients would rely on advice by the captian (aka mamasan).

That is exactly what I encountered when I was last there. Even though I am amateur of nudity in bars, I did like this format too. Under these circumstances (see pong's report above) the guys are much more natural and genuine. And on top of that, you can have some great university studs who work there occasionally to make the odd additional buck.

The only downside for me: getting in touch and making one's choice in this type of bar takes time. If you're a bit pressed for time and want to see what you can get before you off a guy, this is not the ideal setting. And the off fee was 500 B (probably they tried to squeeze out more than usual as I hadn't been there for a long time and seemed to them a tourist who would call in just once; anyway, that was just too much, although I was smitten with the guy I sat with :wub: )

I too enjoy the Saphan Kwai bars. The boys there are mild mannered and not the typical gold diggers you'd find in Pattaya. You will have to brush up on your Thai if you want a better experience.

Guest phoochaai

I too enjoy the Saphan Kwai bars. The boys there are mild mannered and not the typical gold diggers you'd find in Pattaya. You will have to brush up on your Thai if you want a better experience.

ใช่แล้วครับ ;)

Guest lonelywombat

I have just returned home from minor surgery. Whilst in hospital I usually wear my own underwear. This time I had provided very very lightweight underpants that were virtually see through.

Both front and back contained many patterned rows of small holes, no they were new not second hand, before the comedians come in. When I had my showers I could picture Thai boys in a bar wearing these underpants in say a special show, certainly a much much prettier sight than me in the mirror.

They were not much thicker than paper if that, were throw away not washable and probably made available to hospitals in bulk cheaply, even in Thailand.

From experience bars make go go boys buy their uniform, including the shirts and they are not cheap. As an idea this could be very inexpensive.I assumr they are available in Thailand.

I had some interesting questions by PM after mentioning the water spray on boys wearing a single pair of jocks. Mainly, did I think they would work in small bars that cannot afford a show One comment that freelancers and waiters might be prepared to do a show like this for between 100 and 200 baht tip. No stage required but at the back of the bar shielded from the street.

I did like the suggestion the boy walks around with the spray gun, punters could have a spray similar to the way Krazy and Happy Boys work and for 20 + baht a spray. It gives an alternative to what other bars are doing with little overhead and stops short of full nudity..

I can think of several boys at La Cage I would pay to see in wet undies , often. However the wet undies might be hard to hide if the BIB call in. The surgery underpants[ my term] in a show, could easily have normal shorts raised over them in a flash.

I hope that some bar owners are following this thread or are having the contents at least discussed with them.

somehow I like this thread, so here is another one to change all the history: GoGO does exist since more as a century! In one of the not so well-described gogo-bars in soi 6, near Coca restrt, the boys have been donned with new white shirts saying; (our bar) since 1889 going strong! Thats is thus a whopping 122 prachampee coming up!

Most of this therad is about hotmail/make, but the best known big bar was aross Suriwong, name BARBIERY. Very famous-untill they got oversized dreams and moved to that big newly built building in that same soi off Coca, beyond Golden Cock, where it miserably failed and all bisnisses since then also-whithin a few weeks or monthes.

Guest fountainhall

BARBIERY. Very famous-untill they got oversized dreams and moved to that big newly built building in that same soi off Coca, beyond Golden Cock, where it miserably failed and all bisnisses since then also-whithin a few weeks or monthes.

Barbeiry was a great bar in the '80s and '90s. Was it really oversized dreams that made them move? Or might it have been rents on Suriwong? Whatever the reason, pong is correct. It bombed in the new location. It's odd, though. On that soi (parallel to Suriwong), Golden Cock and NB have managed to survive for ages, and Solid somehow keeps going - even though I rarely see many customers inside. Apart from Super A round the corner, in recent years no other bar has lasted more than a few months. I reckon the small size of the existing bars means there are just enough customers to enable them to survive. Anything larger in that location is going to fail.

Two weeks ago I popped in to the karaoke bar next to Solid, as someone had told me they have gogo dancing till midnight before it then becomes karaoke. But I saw no gogo boys at 11:00 pm.

Two weeks ago I popped in to the karaoke bar next to Solid, as someone had told me they have gogo dancing till midnight before it then becomes karaoke. But I saw no gogo boys at 11:00 pm.

I thought it was karaoke from about 11:00 then late nite disco from whenever the dj station/god exodus arrived!

bkkguy

Guest phoochaai

On that soi (parallel to Suriwong), Golden Cock and NB have managed to survive for ages, and Solid somehow keeps going - even though I rarely see many customers inside.

On that note, has anybody a recent report on NB? It used to be a small bar with great fun to be had if you were lucky (i.e. the boys in the right mood and the mamasan turning a blind eye on what was going on.)

During my latest visit to that bar, however, all the former fun and most of its charms had gone - such a pity... (I'd be more than eager to hear that the old fun is back again but could not yet check it out myself.)

Guest fountainhall

has anybody a recent report on NB?

I was in NB quite recently. The boys now wear a tiny sort of mini skirt with several slits. It's a bit like Happy B in Pattaya, in that what's on offer is right there for everyone to see. There was only one other customer with one boy in attendance. As soon as you enter, expect 2 or 3 boys to gather round within seconds. Unless you are firm and send 1 or 2 away, you are then expected to buy drinks for those you chat to. Of the 8 guys there, I reckon 4 were new since my last visit about 6 months ago. Drinks are Bt. 150. If you want a touch of sleaze, it's still quite a fun place. But it is so small there is absolutely no privacy.

Guest phoochaai

If you want a touch of sleaze, it's still quite a fun place. But it is so small there is absolutely no privacy.

And do they still stick to their recent policy of charging the customers with an off fee if they decide to take the fun levels a step higher and get the boy to cum right there in the bar?

Sorry, don't know. That part doesn't really interest me in a bar.

I'm not interested in cum shows in bars either. Also, until my most recent visit to Happy Boys, I'd always preferred the civilised privacy of a hotel room & had never ventured upstairs.

On the most recent visit the approach by one of their dancers was so irresistible I went for the semi-privacy of upstairs, rather than interrupt the moment with a long walk to the hotel. So much for my standards :unsure: .

Guest anonone

. So much for my standards :unsure: .

Funny how the right person can have such an influence on our "standards"? I totally understand this process.

At least we are able to admit it, right? :unsure:

Guest phoochaai

Since this thread was initially about the old Twilight bar with their former nude dancing routine in the late-night hours, I'd be curious to read some updated review about another BKK 'institution' among gay bars offering some sleaze if the customers wished it: SCREW BOYS bar in Patpong. Having not made it there for ages, I'd appreciate a lot if some regular out there could give us a short report.

Sorry, don't know. That part doesn't really interest me in a bar.

It truly is off putting to see cum shows and farang trying to do all sorts of things that would be better left to their room at home.

Do bar owners think this is wise to let their staff give so much for free?

I've seen farangs go in for a half hour or so and then leave without a boy. Not so great for the bar or the boys!

Guest phoochaai

It truly is off putting to see cum shows and farang trying to do all sorts of things that would be better left to their room at home.

Suggestion: Stick with what you deem appealing and avoid what you deem off-putting; and above all: don't blame others for deeming something appealing you don't like yourself ;)

P.S. If everyone abides by this simple 'rule', we're all much better off! :D

Suggestion: Stick with what you deem appealing and avoid what you deem off-putting; and above all: don't blame others for deeming something appealing you don't like yourself

Who said anything about blame? I don't like cum shows, but respect other people's right to watch & participate in that type of show. We should also respect peoples right to criticise such shows.

I hope that most bars will continue without cum shows & ideally those that do would have it clearly advertised at the entrance.

After all, not everyone wants to off a guy who's going to be flagging after all his efforts in the bar. Or stick to the seat in the bar :wacko: .

Guest lonelywombat

I am surprised to see this thread still active and whilst some of the original posts are being being repeated , it is still most interesting to read

Classic Bar and Jupiters were mentioned here and both have big reviews on

http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/

I have stated that Jupiters is my favourite bar in LOS, but even I was surprised to hear they now have naked shows late at night.

You have to scroll back to jan 27 for Jupiters and click at the bottom for the full review. Classic is 13 feb.

There are interesting reviews of both BKK and Pattaya bars including the sex shows, plus some of his visits to massage parlours. An excellent read.

On sawatdee a first time poster draws attention to Super A massage http://www.superaclub.com/

I will leave others to comment.

I do like the concept of a lap lap as mentioned in a previous post.

Z909 mentioned happy boys bar and the upstairs area. My first time there I was led upstairs by an adorable boy , it was not private as I thought as the boys not on stage were lounging around. This night the reverse of how it usually works in bars happened. He started to get me hard unzipped me and removed my erection and started work in ernest . In no time his shorts were down and I was too horny to mind the go go boys who gathered round to watch. I am not young but not overweight, however I was amazed when the boys started to JO watching us. Two of the three watchers came just after I did.

I visit happy boys each trip but feel a little shy about going upstairs again. I prefer this bar to Krazy but the standard of boys does vary a lot.

An earlier post mentioned Apache. Was that owned by the bar with the same name that was opposite Tawan for a short time.

A poster on sawatdee mentions inter-moustache which I visited briefly mid 90's.

I thought it was not farang friendly. Anyone with more detail?

Guest phoochaai

I hope that most bars will continue without cum shows & ideally those that do would have it clearly advertised at the entrance.

You must be joking! This sort of activity can certainly not be advertised at the entrance. (You were trying to be witty by making this suggestion, weren't you?)

Anyway, I'm trying to provide a serious answer. If someone doesn't like certain activities in a bar, all he has to do is to avoid that bar in the future - it's as simple as that. But what's the point in calling certain activities off-putting? Just avoid it!

We do have freedom of speech and yes, everyone may air his disgust and abhorrence about other people's preferences and likings, but do we need a verbal competition in airing abomination? The latter automatically entails an expression of disgust about other people's likings which, in fact, is rather intolerant!

Therefore (sorry for being repetitive): stick with what you like and avoid what you dislike!

You must be joking! This sort of activity can certainly not be advertised at the entrance. (You were trying to be witty by making this suggestion, weren't you?)

Anyway, I'm trying to provide a serious answer. If someone doesn't like certain activities in a bar, all he has to do is to avoid that bar in the future - it's as simple as that. But what's the point in calling certain activities off-putting? Just avoid it!

We do have freedom of speech and yes, everyone may air his disgust and abhorrence about other people's preferences and likings, but do we need a verbal competition in airing abomination? The latter automatically entails an expression of disgust about other people's likings which, in fact, is rather intolerant!

Therefore (sorry for being repetitive): stick with what you like and avoid what you dislike!

You've expressed your point that you enjoy cum shows and some others have stated that they don't. Isn't it great we all don't think alike? Wouldn't that world be boring? Who wants vanilla ice cream when I might prefer mango.

Just think for a minute how gross and germ laden those cum bars must be from nightly j/o shows. From what I've seen they just mop it up and that's about it. No washing down and sanitation of any sort. So yeah, if thats what you enjoy, it's up to you!

For me, just seeing it once is quite enough. I really don't see the fascination with ejaculation and semen.

:wacko:

Guest phoochaai

You've expressed your point that you enjoy cum shows and some others have stated that they don't. Isn't it great we all don't think alike? Wouldn't that world be boring? Who wants vanilla ice cream when I might prefer mango.

Just think for a minute how gross and germ laden those cum bars must be from nightly j/o shows. From what I've seen they just mop it up and that's about it. No washing down and sanitation of any sort. So yeah, if thats what you enjoy, it's up to you!

For me, just seeing it once is quite enough. I really don't see the fascination with ejaculation and semen.

:wacko:

I do not like cum shows either, I never stated that I liked them, but I am perfectly okay with other people who happen to like it. (As far as I am concerned, I like nude dancing, that's what this thread was initially about...)

Anyway, you're just showing by your post that you didn't get the point. By airing your disgust ('no sanitation of any sort' - thus something rather dirty!) you're saying that people who like this sort of shows are people who like dirty things. Maybe that's the case, maybe not. But what's the point in airing such qualifications???

My suggestion: If you don't like this sort of shows, just ignore what is being posted in this thread and concentrate on those threads that deal with things of your liking. ;)